Pickaxe Improvements

Jmy901

Nov 27, 2020
i had a suggestion, Customize pickaxes for mining speed and Material obtained for various Types of pickaxes Crafted IE, density of pickaxe for speed and Durability, bone tissue pickaxes would get you less materials obtained than a cuprum one

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Increasing the mining rate is the only way that they're ever really going to balance crafted pickaxes. I mean there are some recipes we've found that seem to be better value per dura than the vendor ones now, but even knowing those recipes I just find it easier to grab a some from a vendor rather than troubling our weaponsmiths to give me a ton of picks every day I mine.

If crafted picks actually got the work done faster, I definitely would trouble them though.

Last edited:

PatWins

May 28, 2020
Yeah would make gatherer’s lives more interesting to be able to invest into their profession a bit more.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
Increasing the mining rate is the only way that they're ever really going to balance crafted pickaxes. I mean there are some recipes we've found that seem to be better value per dura than the vendor ones now, but even knowing those recipes I just find it easier to grab a some from a vendor rather than troubling our weaponsmiths to give me a ton of picks every day I mine.

If crafted picks actually got the work done faster, I definitely would trouble them though.
Easier to do now that the pickaxe and wood axe cost 5s, but even so a full horse load of ore would only cost you 15s in pickaxes which is still negligible.

I just don't see crafting your own worthwhile unless they buffed dura a ridiculous amount, but even then they have to be careful to keep that buff from letting people make silly high dura weapons with gathering tool handle or whatever. Only messing with the head piece would solve that since they have bad dmg stats.

But including some ability to net more ore at a better pace by investing in your tool more is an interesting idea at least.

What's funny/sad is that you could go back 10 years and find people asking for this sort of thing in the old game and we never got anything at all.

D

Deleted member 44

Jack up the price of vendor picks to 1g each and make crafted metal based tool pick/axe head have stupid high durability. I would say go higher than 1g but this might affect new players too greatly.

Really not an easy solution, obviously want mining/woodcutting to be accessible for everyone, but the minimal investment to do so is too low at the moment.

Maybe have basic tools only purchasable/usable in Haven. The tool production is free for most weapon smiths and would encourage trade/auction house.

Reactions: Woody