Patch Notes 1.3.17 Discussion

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Is this assumption based on the people you're frequently playing with, keeping in mind these players may be at a higher level of skill that is outside the scope of the standard player base, for which SV could be trying to strike a balance for?

Lets hold back the game and the rest of the players because people dont want to attempt to improve?
Its basically killing off the enjoyment and narrowing down playstyles for people who arent playing well.
Sound like the opposite of hardcore.

Even then I never see these parry fest fights even among the majority of the playerbase who might not be extremely skilled. Im not even good at melee and I see no issues before with the quick attacks or reading them.

We dont need more dumbing down and nerfing the skill ceiling. At some point these players end up having nothing to learn or be better at in the game and they quit.

Reactions: Snasen

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Lets hold back the game and the rest of the players because people dont want to attempt to improve?
Its basically killing off the enjoyment and narrowing down playstyles for people who arent playing well.
Sound like the opposite of hardcore.

Even then I never see these parry fest fights even among the majority of the playerbase who might not be extremely skilled. Im not even good at melee and I see no issues before with the quick attacks or reading them.

We dont need more dumbing down and nerfing the skill ceiling. At some point these players end up having nothing to learn or be better at in the game and they quit.

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for ensuring combat has a high skill cap as this will in itself, provide an element of longevity to the game. I'm merely providing a different viewpoint to ponder as to what the intent behind these changes might have been by SV. I'm still of the belief as per what I originally mentioned:

The devs didn't change the curve because of "spam attacks" or anything else we've recently complained about. Henrik in his previous streams noted multiple times that the majority of feedback they got from the stress test was that combat felt slow and clunky and the intent therefore behind their changes to combat, has been to speed and tighten it up. Though people playing the game now might be content with the old combat/speed, we're not the target audience for this change.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for ensuring combat has a high skill cap as this will in itself, provide an element of longevity to the game. I'm merely providing a different viewpoint to ponder as to what the intent behind these changes might have been by SV. I'm still of the belief as per what I originally mentioned:
IDK how removing quick attacks has anything to do with speeding up the game. It actually slows it down. Hopefully they revert the change.

Reactions: Snasen

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
IDK how removing quick attacks has anything to do with speeding up the game. It actually slows it down. Hopefully they revert the change.

Yes well don't forget the previous patch removed the break point scaling of damage over the curve and instead let damage scale linearly. This made spamming more viable (likely unintentionally from SV's perspective) because you don't have to charge past the first break point anymore to deal "some" damage.

degus

Jul 18, 2021
AI now scan for additional targets while in combat

Is this part bugged?
Me and two friends killed some risars yesterday. I pulled 2-3 of them each time and they randomly switch target during the pull even though none of my friends did any damage to them. Once they have switched target, it was impossible to take back the agro.

strycio

Apr 1, 2021
Full charge gameplay is dumb, now we are back to needing to bait parrys to actually damage someone, the only other option is using footwork to make them miss with the added penalty which is a good change but prediction is still not that reliable.

Footwork? You mean active evasion by movement? Insanely hard if you ask me i ve been hit by 2h weapons from 5 meters afar, its imo the biggest problem with the fighting system. You allays need to block, active evasion is useless as you can’t predict the ranges for preventing a hit.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Footwork? You mean active evasion by movement? Insanely hard if you ask me i ve been hit by 2h weapons from 5 meters afar, its imo the biggest problem with the fighting system. You allays need to block, active evasion is useless as you can’t predict the ranges for preventing a hit.
Yeah at times you have Aussies hit you from farther away then they should due to them hitting your ghost that was nearly a quarter second in the past. In planetside 2 the server had like .2 seconds of lag so all high skilled players would have to manage their ghost to make sure it would never be still. Because if you stay still, the server wouldnt tell the other players client that you moved untill like almost .3 seconds after you put a input in.

So there is ways to play around the latency but with a world server the variable pings you will encounter would make it difficult to figure how much you are allowed to get away with.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
yeah huge drawback to the movement speed. If you take a second to aim or actually think about your shot you can't close any distance. Combat is pretty brainless imo because of the miss penalty is now so long that it isn't worth trying anything fancy.

Reactions: Olympeus

Olympeus

Apr 30, 2021
yeah huge drawback to the movement speed. If you take a second to aim or actually think about your shot you can't close any distance. Combat is pretty brainless imo because of the miss penalty is now so long that it isn't worth trying anything fancy.

I haven’t tested any of the combat for the new patch.

From the patch notes I know the 2H weapons have a bigger miss penalty than the 1H, but…..

….Is the miss penalty delay equal for all 2H weapons regardless of weight and type or does it vary? Has anyone tested?

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Yeah at times you have Aussies hit you from farther away then they should due to them hitting your ghost that was nearly a quarter second in the past. In planetside 2 the server had like .2 seconds of lag so all high skilled players would have to manage their ghost to make sure it would never be still. Because if you stay still, the server wouldnt tell the other players client that you moved untill like almost .3 seconds after you put a input in.

So there is ways to play around the latency but with a world server the variable pings you will encounter would make it difficult to figure how much you are allowed to get away with.
I haven’t tested any of the combat for the new patch.

From the patch notes I know the 2H weapons have a bigger miss penalty than the 1H, but…..

….Is the miss penalty delay equal for all 2H weapons regardless of weight and type or does it vary? Has anyone tested?
it’s about 1 second long on all 2hs which in my opinion is unacceptably clunky.

didn’t mean to quote you tzone phone is wack

Reactions: Rorry

Tzone

May 16, 2021
it’s about 1 second long on all 2hs which in my opinion is unacceptably clunky.

didn’t mean to quote you tzone phone is wack
Yeah 1 sec seems like its too long. Makes it where the lowest common denominator can take advantage of a miss instead of making it require a certain amount of skill lile in the past.

• Love
Reactions: Rorry and Teknique

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I like the new clade gifts for Alvarin alchemists very much! 10% more outcome during potion crafting, 10% higher yield in herbologium and press.

And the 50% chance to spare the magic reagents is a must-have for Alvarin mages.