Patch Notes 0.1.3.9 Discussion

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Added:

• Added tattoos to character creation.
  • Added a tax when creating a listing on the broker.
  • Added new debuff Burning.
  • Added new debuff Bleeding.
  • Added new debuff Poision.
  • Added new debuff Open Wound.
  • Added the Grave Keeper.
  • Added the Troll.
  • Added the Alchemist Bowman.
  • Added White Bear cave.
  • Added White Bear.
  • Added Sator Dungeon.
  • Added camera shake to certain AI attacks.
  • Added Management and Negotiation skill books to Librarians.
  • Added the aiming technique and marksmanship skill book to the Khurite Trainer.
  • Added Ironfur book to animist librarian.
  • Added Resolution Scale option to the video options.
  • Added the Management and Negotiation skill in the player skill list.
  • Added Potion Utilization skill in the player skill list.

Changes:

• All weapons are now faster to charge and swing.
  • Lowered extraction timers on all appliances.
  • You can now unequip an item using its actionbar slot.
  • Skill window now shows experience & progress to next level instead of progress to max level.
  • Adjusted broker listings per page & broker scroll speed.
  • New characters minimum name length decreased to 3
  • New characters maximum name length decreased to 14
  • AI can now cast all spells players can cast.
  • Thursar regeneration clade gift now impacts bandage heals.
  • AI with both ranged and melee equipment now make better decisions on what weapon to use when starting a fight.
  • AI can now trigger special attacks on targets that are in mercy mode.
  • AI can now have special self heal attacks.
  • AI can now use bandages.
  • AI in groups can now cast buffs and heals on other people in the same group.
  • AI attacks that require the AI to stand still now force them to stand still to avoid sliding.
  • Massive code cleanup for better server stability.
  • Logging out unsafe now takes 2 minutes and fully logout you and your pets.
  • AI now only move closer to their target if they mainly use melee attacks.
  • AI that spawn AI now chose better spawn points.
  • AI with equipment can now do better combo attacks.
  • AI with equipment can now add buffs.
  • AI with bows will now move away from targets that are close.
  • AI without bows can now use ranged attacks.
  • Improved Line Of Sight calculations for AI.
  • Power for Melee swings are now linear instead of break point based.
  • Swing and block delay from missing a swing increased.
  • Hitting objects when swinging will now give a delay to starting a new block or swing same as missing a swing.
  • Doing a counter swing now gives reduced melee damage taken for a short time.
  • Massive client sided rework of several systems. This should greatly improve stability on the client.
  • Improved multi-thread rendering option.
  • Improved loading and unloading of the HUD.
  • Restructured the HUD code to fix rare crash.
  • Updated fur.
  • Re-added fur on all creatures.

Fixes:

• Fixed some ui issues in skills window.
  • Fixed bug placing an item/spell etc on a disabled actionbar slot will no longer make it disabled.
  • Fixed issue where you would stand up if you rotated while resting.
  • AI should now stand at a better distance from the player and other AI.
  • Fixed issue with horsebags and some normal bags being removed after server restarts.
  • Fixed server issue with items that had really long names causing issues when added to the broker.
  • Fixed an issue were Extraction didn't provide the correct amount based on lore skills.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Resting skill to get interrupted by turning.
  • Fixed broken scale on shields.
  • Possibly fixed creatures trying to walk on terrain under the terrain they should walk on.
  • Fixed issue with Sators not being grounded.
  • Fixed the crash caused by fur.
  • Fixed issue with wolf movement animation.
  • Fixed movement issue when the player had very high FPS and was at the boarders of the world.
  • Fixed issue with resting skill being interrupted as soon as the player sat down.
  • Fixed issue that made AI look at their feet.
  • Fixed issue where you could end up in a strange state if your mount was killed while you were mounting.
  • Fixed other issues with mounts being removed while the player was still mounted.
  • Fixed issue with players sometimes being loaded a couple of meters away from where they should be.
  • Fixed issues with some LODs not correctly fitting the armors.
  • Fix issue with players not sitting on their horse when loading in.
  • Fixed issue with Sators not being able to move and attack at the same time in animation causing them to slide.
  • AI would sometimes get stuck in a slow-mo moving pose while in mercy mode. They should now properly stop.
  • World fixes.

Known Issues:

• Ai inside dungeons can still spawn in strange places such as walls and floors.

-------

Holy shit! This is a loaded patch.

New AI that sounds amazing but is also likely very buggy - and an entirely new combat meta! It is said that the faster swings make parrying harder, but to reward harder parries you get a small damage reduction when you throw out the parry counter attack. Also what is with these new debuffs??

Discuss below :) what do you think/expect? What have you tested?

Reactions: MaDeuce

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
great patch for AI

however, not too happy for management and negotiation skills being added back, unless they become strictly secondaries. the 1 char limitation already gimped crafter/trader players hard. if you need extra skills to manage the AH as well it will be dreadful.

Reactions: Teknique

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
great patch for AI

however, not too happy for management and negotiation skills being added back, unless they become strictly secondaries. the 1 char limitation already gimped crafter/trader players hard. if you need extra skills to manage the AH as well it will be dreadful.
Need I feel like is excessive, those skills will provide an edge, but you can still operate without them.

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
I can't wait to get home and test this. Sounds like a good patch and my friends are really digging the way combat feels now. I wanna meet some bosses.

Reactions: MaDeuce and Nefnate

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Sator Dungeon, very nice, will check with guild mates soon (soon = next week?).

And the reduction of the logout time from 30 minutes to 2 minutes is really great! Makes me turn back to the game after weeks.

Reactions: Nefnate

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Logging out in the wild (unsafe) is 30 seconds, followed by a 2-minute timer before your character and pets leave the game world.

The DC timer might still be unchanged.
Oh I thought it was 2min to log out. I would rather wait 3 mins to log out even 5 instead of having the character stay behind with out me in control.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
Oh I thought it was 2min to log out. I would rather wait 3 mins to log out even 5 instead of having the character stay behind with out me in control.
no idea why they dont go that way

soon as you hit logout there should be a button to cancel and another to exit immediately (in case you dont care what happens or maybe you just need to exit the game quickly etc) but otherwise you should be able to wait the entire time to logout and still semi-afk so you can defend yourself incase you get attacked. once the timer ends, you are logged out and your character leaves the game world. if you take any damage during that time then your logout is cancelled. if you disconnected prior to being hit, then your logout timer resets.

its not rocket science SV, dont force players to stay vulnerable in game with no option to defend themselves.

*edit*

that is, provided they logged out properly and didnt crash their client or logout in an no-logout-zone (dungeons)

-barcode

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
no idea why they dont go that way

soon as you hit logout there should be a button to cancel and another to exit immediately (in case you dont care what happens or maybe you just need to exit the game quickly etc) but otherwise you should be able to wait the entire time to logout and still semi-afk so you can defend yourself incase you get attacked. once the timer ends, you are logged out and your character leaves the game world. if you take any damage during that time then your logout is cancelled. if you disconnected prior to being hit, then your logout timer resets.

its not rocket science SV, dont force players to stay vulnerable in game with no option to defend themselves.

*edit*

that is, provided they logged out properly and didnt crash their client or logout in an no-logout-zone (dungeons)

-barcode

yep, it's stuff like this that makes me avoid playing MO2 until SV figures it out.

Reactions: Xunila

Tzone

May 16, 2021
yep, it's stuff like this that makes me avoid playing MO2 until SV figures it out.
Well I have other people saying its instant log out after 2 mins which is great. Im going have to test it. You cant not trust anything anyone says usually

Cant even trust the tool tips in game.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Good patch. I'm sure they'll tweak some of the super spammy stuff.

MaDeuce

May 28, 2020
great patch for AI

You can adjust your attributes to accommodate what you prefer and or need to use for a skill each time. It just takes a few rounds of training up on basic attributes to get it all equalized to your preference again. Screenshot (9).png