Original Armor Models

Would you mind if SV uses original armor models

• Yes, only if they are graphically updated.

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • F*** that, I want new content only.

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Attila The Hun

Mar 13, 2021
I would not mind at all if SV used the same models from MO1, with updated textures & graphics. I would even prefer it due to nostalgia xD. Im curious to see if other players think the same way.

specially:

Original Tindremic Guard

Tindremic Plate

Kallardian Llamelar

Kallardian Plate

Sarduccan Armors

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I much prefer the original plate designs aesthetically, especially the Tindremic plate helmet. The rest of that set not so much as it was pretty chunky and ill fitted.

Tindremic guard was very nice however, and the varborgian arms were the best in the game.

I'm personally not a fan of asymmetry in armor, so most of the sarducaan and later added styles did not appeal to me at all.

Hopefully draconigena armatus does not follow suit with the overly visually convoluted "add as many details as possible to the detriment of the overall visual appeal" design philosophy we see in the new sets.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
yeah it sucks that it sucks though :/, I dont like how now its simpler and less armor pieces.

The current armors were adapted from the asset store. I´m sure in time we will see originals.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I would not mind at all if SV used the same models from MO1, with updated textures & graphics. I would even prefer it due to nostalgia xD. Im curious to see if other players think the same way.

specially:

Original Tindremic Guard

Tindremic Plate

Kallardian Llamelar

Kallardian Plate

Sarduccan Armors

For sure. Especially Sarduccan as there is nothing of that theme in game yet. I think right now though the armor I'm most interested in seeing is robes. There have been some changes to mana regen and I'm VERY curious to see if they've tweaked it enough to be viable mage armor in MO2. I think A LOT of mages hate being stuck in fighter armor made from lighter mats and would really like to see robes become a viable armor class for mages.

Reactions: Floky

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
They should definitely add new armors AND also use the old armors for inspiration and make "new" armors of that as well. The more armor and the more diverse armor, with different material limitations, weight, protection strengths and weaknesses etc is just a welcome addition.