OCE/SEA players are at a major disadvantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia

Exactly the same latency issues occur in 'Mortal Online 1'.

If 1 server is the end-goal, East America would be the most fair option for US/EU although even than AU/NZ will still receive 280ping in comparison to 330-400 EU.
Only chance AU/NZ will get a fair comparison as like the US to EU (Mortal Online). A US West Server would have to exist although that's never going to happen.

Mage/Crafters life for AU/NZ once again.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
It’s really bad, unplayable with oceanic ping, unenjoyable with na ping soon to be unplayable when they patch out any ability to outplay your opponents. Lord slammington is wise.

I had faith at one point that it wouldn’t be so bad but they seem to genuinely believe the issue is that people were managing to break the blocks of ping statues and not the existence of ping statues in the first place. Given the total ignorance that is on display for all to see there is little reason to believe any improvements are on the way. All they needed was some encouragement from a very small amount of incredibly misguided na players and I believe we’ve already swam too far down the river of blood ?.

Last edited:

Grisù

Sep 3, 2020
I feel for all of you, condemned to deal with high ping.
Unfortunately at current technology state, extra continental connection have to experience this kind of delay.

In my honest opinion until there is only 1 server there is no point in continuing asking for change server location, there will be always someone unhappy; unless you want to exclude 1 or more continents from service.
Or put servers in Antarctic and make almost all unhappy at same level as well [/joking].

Remember that most of ping request results, in videogame industry, are made of by 32bytes packets, so the RTT value you just see is for tiny packets and not for the full 400/800 bytes or more packets that mmos uses, so the real delay is worse than what expected watching at ping request results.

I remember in the past (even 10 years ago) I used to tinker with OS MTU values and unlock the tcpackfequency parameter (or something alike) value in system registry to play on extra continental servers.
The result was better and more playable (obviously wasn't as good as playing at 40ms RTT) , honestly is not a solution but an homemade MacGyver style workaround.

Still hoping that SV will find whichever kind of solution that makes everyone happy,
Wish good luck for all extra EU players.

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I feel for all of you, condemned to deal with high ping.
Unfortunately at current technology state, extra continental connection have to experience this kind of delay.

In my honest opinion until there is only 1 server there is no point in continuing asking for change server location, there will be always someone unhappy; unless you want to exclude 1 or more continents from service.
Or put servers in Antarctic and make almost all unhappy at same level as well [/joking].

Remember that most of ping request results, in videogame industry, are made of by 32bytes packets, so the RTT value you just see is for tiny packets and not for the full 400/800 bytes or more packets that mmos uses, so the real delay is worse the what expected watching at ping request results.

I remember in the past (even 10 years ago) I used to tinker with OS MTU values and unlock the tcpackfequency parameter (or something alike) value in system registry to play on extra continental servers.
The result was better and more playable (obviously wasn't as good as playing at 40ms RTT) , honestly is not a solution but an homemade MacGyver style workaround.

Still hoping that SV will find whichever kind of solution that makes everyone happy,
Wish good luck for all extra EU players.
The problem is they nerfed and are still actively trying to nerf any methods that you could use to defeat someone with better ping in combat. Which shows that they don’t understand the issue or don’t care to understand it.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
The problem is they nerfed and are still actively trying to nerf any methods that you could use to defeat someone with better ping in combat. Which shows that they don’t understand the issue or don’t care to understand it.
tricks shouldnt be needed to make higher ping players competitive. in this you're right. In SV's zeal to make it so having a higher ping does not give any advantage, they've swung the nerfbat hard against anyone who doesnt live on top of the server.

I don't know if oce/sea will ever really get a fair shake, there has to be a limit somewhere to what an acceptable ping time is with just one server after all. people with even just 150 ping are punished pretty hard right now and that covers many/most of NA players i believe.

-barcode

Reactions: Teknique

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
The only way to make combat competetive for everyone is to make it turn based. If you want to keep in real time you either have to:
A. Have regional servers (many of them)
B. Accept that players with a high ping have less reaction time

SV made their choice. They said so countless times. Suck it up and either accept it or move on.

The way to overcome a parry whore should not be to fuck up animations. There should be legit way to play aggressively and overcome this regardless of ping. It is besically a way that must not rely on reaction time from your opponent attacks. Which is what Henrik said they would do. It´s Alpha - shit takes time. The doom and gloom is silly.

Also people need to understand that the desync happens for everyone. Europeans can not wait for a swing to connect and throw up a parry last second.

Would It be the exhibit of kids who tried to make mo2 not ? In the failed games museum?

Exhibition 2020: Tryhard funny guys made from salt produced overseas due to swedish one-server-one-world doctrin that led to WW3

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
The only way to make combat competetive for everyone is to make it turn based. If you want to keep in real time you either have to:
A. Have regional servers
B. Accept that players with a high ping have less reaction time

SV made their choice. They said so countless times. Suck it up and either accept it or move on.

The way to overcome a parry whore should not be to fuck up animations. There should be legit way to play aggressively and overcome this regardless of ping. Which is what Henrik said they would do. It´s Alpha - shit takes time.
Competitive for everyone isnt a thing. Competitive for players who deserve to be competitive is, living on the server does not qualify you, nor does nerfing every mechanic other than reaction time when the server is the primary variable hard stop.
I don’t know what’s difficult to understand about this but a better player will win if skill is the variable it doesn’t matter The exact route you get there the outcome will be static. Do you really care if you’re losing to spins or something else? The only way to make a shitter more competitive is to make the game garbonzo, in other words your hope has blinded you.

oh Henrik said it was gonna be good? I’m convinced. Not a risk I’m willing to take when it’s already good. Also we’re at weeks now where no one has showed me these broken animations so they really must not exist.

Last edited:

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
Competitive for everyone isnt a thing. Competitive for players who deserve to be competitive is, living on the server does not qualify you, nor does nerfing every mechanic other than reaction time when the server is the primary variable hard stop.
I don’t know what’s difficult to understand about this but a better player will win if skill is the variable it doesn’t matter The exact route you get there the outcome will be static. Do you really care if you’re losing to spins or something else? The only way to make a shitter more competitive is to make the game garbonzo, in other words your hope has blinded you.

oh Henrik said it was gonna be good? I’m convinced. Not a risk I’m willing to take when it’s already good. Also we’re at weeks now where no one has showed me these broken animations so they really must not exist.

Right it might be language thing here. What I am talking about is an equality of opportunity, which can only happen with a low ping for everyone. Hence regional servers.

Since that will not happen we must accept that not everyone is equal before the server. This means that someone in London will have more time to react to an attack than someone from Sidney.

This means that to level the playing field somewhat you need to introduce methods of overcoming someone with a very good reaction time. Currently there are the following: backswings, feinting, baiting and making your character have a seizure before attacking. The last one was not deemed the best solution by the CEO who invests the time and money of his company to test a fix. Fix something that you don´t think exists. Let that sink in. All to make the great Teknique worse at the game.

In terms of game design every comp. game has weapons to make it easier on less skilled players and enable them to kill a very skilled player from time to time. Then again I´m sure you were in favour of removing the P90 as well.

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020

Exactly the same latency issues occur in 'Mortal Online 1'.

If 1 server is the end-goal, East America would be the most fair option for US/EU although even than AU/NZ will still receive 280ping in comparison to 330-400 EU.
Only chance AU/NZ will get a fair comparison as like the US to EU (Mortal Online). A US West Server would have to exist although that's never going to happen.

Mage/Crafters life for AU/NZ once again.
mate you are COMPLETELY wrong, people with such high ping fight so DERPY with their teleports and 360 spin to WIN that hits you from absolutely NOWHERE NEAR you. is a little better now with turn nerf but high ping people super OP right now and need to be nerfed mate

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
mate you are COMPLETELY wrong, people with such high ping fight so DERPY with their teleports and 360 spin to WIN that hits you from absolutely NOWHERE NEAR you. is a little better now with turn nerf but high ping people super OP right now and need to be nerfed mate
MO is more than a game its like real life. In real life we have police and judges to keep things fair, in MO we have turn caps and ping delay to keep things correct. Can't just have people spinning stealing peoples hard earned gear.

Once they fix people being able to move, game will be in a perfect state. Currently people can choose to walk away from EU's and not just statue fight them, makes for really boring game play when the server hasn't already decided the winner.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Thought, is it worth trying without ping delay? How much harder could it be to parry 300 ping than 0 ping?

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia
There's literally no reason to parry at a higher ping when face to face and enchanging swings, Just run around like an aimless chicken and swing non-stop and hope your opponent misses while you land a lucky hit.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
There's literally no reason to parry at a higher ping when face to face and enchanging swings, Just run around like an aimless chicken and swing non-stop and hope your opponent misses while you land a lucky hit.
What I meant was, removing the added swing delay. How much harder can it be (for me) to play AGAINST 300 ping, when i'm already playing against 0. The whole thing doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. You probably still wouldn't be able to parry though.

Last edited:

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
What I meant was, removing the added swing delay. How much harder can it be (for me) to play AGAINST 300 ping, when i'm already playing against 0. The whole thing doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. You probably still wouldn't be able to parry though.

SV has stated that it´s there to prevent lag switching. There is a thread by Valoran on it.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
SV has stated that it´s there to prevent lag switching. There is a thread by Valoran on it.
I know what they’ve stated but I don’t know if hitting cockroaches with an atom bomb is really worth it.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Intention is important. And someone who does not know why this is in place would probably agree with you.

I would be fine if they removed it and implemented an autokick for a ping over 300.
Well fortunately from our discussion about turn caps we know sv can just change it later if it’s bad. Remove the lag delay see how it plays out. You can’t just kick aussies from mo especially off of incomplete information. If we’re going to test turn caps and not this I’d have a much harder time believing in the impartiality of the devs.

the risk is too huge not to at least try it out. At this point no one outside of eu is enjoying the game and even eus are upset because they’re getting hit occasionally.

worse it’s even based off of a couple assertions from Henrik.
A) that high ping had the advantage in mo 1. This is blatantly untrue, it was the JPKS, the whills, the carnivorous', hornyfurry that were feared. No one gave a crap about doofer (I'm not saying he was a bad player). Comes of a bit of a surprise to me that Perro was a high latency player but thats about it. Literally 0 examples of high ping gods. Clearly these euro players were not struggling so where does this nonsense even come from?

b) that everyone hated it in mo. Which is also fairly untrue relatively speaking since everyone actually hates this ping delay but never uttered a word about aussies outside of the occasional carnage meme.

It need to be toned down by at least an order of magnitude, 10x. Maybe it will feel impossible to parry and I won't like it, but we won't know until we try right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Valoran
Status
Not open for further replies.