Non Full Loot PvP Server for Filthy Casuals please

OnlyMortal

Apr 3, 2021
I'm sure I'm not the first to Gripe and I wont be the last. Please have a server for "no full loot pvp" in the future:). To be clear this discussion is to find a compromise between causals and hardcore players to keep the community alive. We can all agree dead communities are not great for further game development. The money needs to come from somewhere to keep the devs pushing out great content. My bigger gripe is this full loot system discourages pvp BIG time. Nothing kills a large battle faster than dropping all your stuff, youll be done in 5min. A battle should last for hours with as many people as possible. I've seen too many games go dead and not reach their full potential because this is only attractive to a niche market that has all the time in the world to lose everything and regrind. It also does the opposite for pvp and discourages fighting and there is almost no pvp. The only pvp you will see is ganking by overgeared players. I would hope in the future a server would be added where only chaos players:devilish: drop all loot and normal players either drop a portion of their items, mats, or nothing at all. At least something to capture the other side of the player base and generate a large community for this game. Dropping everything doesn't add a benefit aside from trolling someone and making them grind again. Maybe add a mechanic where clans at war do not drop when killing each other to keep the combat going. There is nothing worse than to say you playing a pvp game and everyone scared to pvp because they will drop their stuff and nothing every happens. It would be sad to see another game get ruined by this full loot pvp mechanic that destroys communities and pvp. To be honest... I've only heard of mortal online 1 when mortal online 2 came out:p. Which is a shame because it looks pretty good. I would like to see mass pvp but I promise you it will be super rare with full loot pvp and it will make people quit faster than you can imagine. Maybe in the first 2 or 3 months it might be live but I'm willing to bet you have trouble trying to find someone to gank after that. At this point it should be stating the obvious with all the failed full loot pvp games with great potential but waste your time. For players that defend full loot ... please stop... I'm not asking to make all the servers this way just one server for the filthy casuals...:cry: You don't have to play on it and you'll still have plenty of helpless naked people to gank on your own server.. Just something for the rest of the community that still love what mortal online 2 has to offer but doesn't have the time to regrind. Most people with full time jobs quit almost instantaneously after losing something they spent hours grinding. It's insanity to keep making these great games and having dead communities because of full loot pvp:(. I really want to see this game be successful and really like the lore :love: please don't let this game be another game only a select few will remember. This game can be super popular if you let it thrive.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LivingshadeNL

Yvendel

Apr 3, 2021
Its called Mortal Online for a reason. full PVP give a lot of flavor for pvp and pve alike.

What you want is not a "pve" safe zone and shit, but more posibilities to defend yourself against full PK killing newbies. Because shitty behavior usually need rough countermeasures.

Reactions: Suttner

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
The game revolves around player decisions + interaction, and the risk vs reward aspect that comes with it. Splitting the playerbase into a PvP and PvE server would break that, and would go against what Mortal Online is.

Everything you suggest is against the opposite of what MO is designed for. There's plenty of games out there with the game design you're looking for.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I'm sure I'm not the first to Gripe and I wont be the last. Please have a server for "no full loot pvp" in the future:). To be clear this discussion is to find a compromise between causals and hardcore players to keep the community alive. We can all agree dead communities are not great for further game development. The money needs to come from somewhere to keep the devs pushing out great content. My bigger gripe is this full loot system discourages pvp BIG time. Nothing kills a large battle faster than dropping all your stuff, youll be done in 5min. A battle should last for hours with as many people as possible. I've seen too many games go dead and not reach their full potential because this is only attractive to a niche market that has all the time in the world to lose everything and regrind. It also does the opposite for pvp and discourages fighting and there is almost no pvp. The only pvp you will see is ganking by overgeared players. I would hope in the future a server would be added where only chaos players:devilish: drop all loot and normal players either drop a portion of their items, mats, or nothing at all. At least something to capture the other side of the player base and generate a large community for this game. Dropping everything doesn't add a benefit aside from trolling someone and making them grind again. Maybe add a mechanic where clans at war do not drop when killing each other to keep the combat going. There is nothing worse than to say you playing a pvp game and everyone scared to pvp because they will drop their stuff and nothing every happens. It would be sad to see another game get ruined by this full loot pvp mechanic that destroys communities and pvp. To be honest... I've only heard of mortal online 1 when mortal online 2 came out:p. Which is a shame because it looks pretty good. I would like to see mass pvp but I promise you it will be super rare with full loot pvp and it will make people quit faster than you can imagine. Maybe in the first 2 or 3 months it might be live but I'm willing to bet you have trouble trying to find someone to gank after that. At this point it should be stating the obvious with all the failed full loot pvp games with great potential but waste your time. For players that defend full loot ... please stop... I'm not asking to make all the servers this way just one server for the filthy casuals...:cry: You don't have to play on it and you'll still have plenty of helpless naked people to gank on your own server.. Just something for the rest of the community that still love what mortal online 2 has to offer but doesn't have the time to regrind. Most people with full time jobs quit almost instantaneously after losing something they spent hours grinding. It's insanity to keep making these great games and having dead communities because of full loot pvp:(. I really want to see this game be successful and really like the lore :love: please don't let this game be another game only a select few will remember. This game can be super popular if you let it thrive.

It must have fill loot, becuase it is designed for full loot. Easy to craft gear, which don´t make you angry if you loose it. It would break the economy, if there would be no loot. You need to learn how to play such games. Choose a town which is protected by a huge Anti RPK Guild. Get their Discord and ask for Help, if you are in troble or see grifers.

Use the Bank servis. The royal Bank of timdrem is transporting gold to every town and organize heavy guarded transports every day. You can give them 100 GOld and get payed out 80 Gold in a town of your choice, without having the risk of transporting.

Maybe you want to join those guys. They have non agression agreements with most of the PVP >Guilds. They sell them the mats muchg cheeper, if their Members not get attacked.

If you want to farm in a hostile area, take a look which guild is living in this area and make a contract. Jump on their Disord and tell them that you want to farm in their terretory. That you are willing to donate them 20 % of your farmed materials, if they protect you. That you will tell them if you see enemy Players. This way they get PVP content and you can farm in peace.

You have to be smart to survive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suttner

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
You can try to play with low PvP which is possible and I'm doing this for many years. But there is always a risk to get attacked. So, no to a Non-PvP-server. The game is the way it is and it is good!

Reactions: Suttner and Amadman

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I am a filthy casual, I plan to play with the cheapest gear and slowly build up my wealth. I never use anything I dont care to loose. In MO1 there was a good market for crafters who made that kind of lowtier discount gear.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
The reason why we don't have (or want) consensual pvp and non-full looting, is the same reason why we don't have or want 3rd person view:

Last edited:

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
A core part of this game is that it is one world with one history. What ever is done in the game world connects to every single player of the game.

If someone has a good or bad rep then it could be know across the whole game. Taking control of an area or resources effects everyone in the game. Huge wars fought are history to everyone. A good crafter/merchant can be known across the land. Ect....

I am like Xunila and many others that have played this game as noncombatant players for years. I dont look for fights (its mostly just me getting slaughtered when it happens) and actually try to avoid them at all cost .But the threat of such things brings something extra to the game.

What I am saying is that there is a place in this single world for both types of players. And it is good that way.

Last edited: