New Players should be told to stay in Heaven in the first days.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
There will be chaos and all guilds fighting for Risar and Bandit camps to set up their keep. The Meduli Herald Journalists at the release day of Mortal Online XDFJa8fndXsAEOBjE.jpg

Firery but mostly peaceful protests in all towns after the big slughter at verious Banditcamps.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Yeah I'm not a noob but even I plan on staying in Haven for the first few days. Like good luck farming anything on release... It's not the pvp I'm worried about its the server capacity. Even if there are only 100 people in every town it's to be hard to kill zombies or bandits. Should only leave if you have a hotly contested area you want to put a house down

• Haha
Reactions: Ibarruri

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
That may be true but while all you tryhards are duking it out, I can be harvesting bone tissue w/ a horse for my craft skills - shrug - Plus I imagine haven will be ultimately more laggy and overcrowded. It's a judgment call.

Edit: plus by spawning OUT of haven, you can find the new players who actually have BIG BALLS and recruit them :D

Edit2: can't believe they let you use that pic loool

Last edited:
Reactions: Ibarruri

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Yeah I'm not a noob but even I plan on staying in Haven for the first few days. Like good luck farming anything on release... It's not the pvp I'm worried about its the server capacity. Even if there are only 100 people in every town it's to be hard to kill zombies or bandits. Should only leave if you have a hotly contested area you want to put a house down

I think the start of the game might be toxic. Why ? Becuase many of the big guilds first goal is to farm as much money as possible for their keep, before someone else can claim the spot. They might kill everone that stands in their way. Even guilds that would not kill untagged players becuase they fear to loose their spot and that somone get the cash faster and claim the spot.

This could be prevented if the keep deeds would not be sold till we get TC, so we can have a relaxing start without you feel forced to farm as much gold as possible the fast you can. Maybe the vendor should not sell the keeps for gold only. He could say bring me 100 risar commander heads before. The Minotaur King axe and the stuff drom the Sator boss. This would make the big guilds head out to the dungeons and
relieve the bandit camps, which shoulkd be places for the new players to learn blocking, Some content that they can master in the beginning if they are new and don´t know how to block properly.

As soon as the guilds have their keep
they will be much more friendly to new players again.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I think the start of the game might be toxic. Why ? Becuase many of the big guilds first goal is to farm as much money as possible for their keep, before someone else can claim the spot. They might kill everone that stands in their way. Even guilds that would not kill untagged players becuase they fear to loose their spot and that somone get the cash faster and claim the spot.

This could be prevented if the keep deeds would not be sold till we get TC, so we can have a relaxing start without you feel forced to farm as much gold as possible the fast you can. Maybe the vendor should not sell the keeps for gold only. He could say bring me 100 risar commander heads before. The Minotaur King axe and the stuff drom the Sator boss. This would make the big guilds head out to the dungeons and
relieve the bandit camps, which shoulkd be places for the new players to learn blocking, Some content that they can master in the beginning if they are new and don´t know how to block properly.

As soon as the guilds have their keep
they will be much more friendly to new players again.

Well sadly most of the new players frost experience will be the first few weeks so. But yeah, my plans for launch don't include PvE camps outside of Haven. Even if no pvp occurs trying to kill a zombie when there are 200 other players attacking it is going to be a pain.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I think most new players will likely stay a while in Haven, they probably are all aware that once they leave the island then they'll be headed for the meat grinder that is Myrland.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I remember when people weren't worried about dying in MO loooool. THAT ALONE means MO2 has not yet surpassed MO1!! But yea... do u, kill everyone. Can't believe you will stand between me and jungle horse spawn and Bakti GY thoo, which is all I need to start gathering bone tissue for the disgusting wepspam. I really hope they CHANGE GAINS ON THAT FOR RELEASE!! AHEM.

I think the longer people stay in Haven, the more griefed they are gonna get when they realize what MO is... all those 3 hr reviews that were like what a great game, loved it... then I spawned into Myr. And it's like... heh. I mean I DIDN'T GET FARMED AS A NUB. I am expecting to get farmed moreso this time cuz Karma, but... read and react, stay out of people's way. Just like if you see three people carrying a heavy piece of furniture and you stand in their way of course they are gonna kick you or just bust thru you.

As said, the fact that people will be focused on grinding their shit up will mean that fewer people will be around to pvp with nobodies trying to skill up. It also means you gotta handle your own biz, tho, but w/e. Gotta be better than haven overpop. I fully expect there to be like 2k people in haven instances around release lol and thinking that it's the best look, like you said, but they will trickle out as they realize how overfarmed it's gonna be.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I don't think Haven instances would be overcrowded. StarVault simply adds more and more instances and have a limit of maybe 50 players per instance. Probably there will be some players going red at the first day, waiting in front of the cities to kill everybody. But most players will try to get their skills up, farm materials and some gold for the first books. PvP may start when the first guilds and alliances try to place a keep deed.

Cruor

Sep 14, 2021
There will be chaos and all guilds fighting for Risar and Bandit camps to set up their keep. The Meduli Herald Journalists at the release day of Mortal Online XDView attachment 3281

Firery but mostly peaceful protests in all towns after the big slughter at verious Banditcamps.
ROFL. If its a gang of Risar's killing swarms of new players it will be "harmless pvp fun, no problem here" if a human defends himself and kills a few of those same gankers in self defense it will be "Chaos! violent players murdering other players just trying to have fun"

On a serious note though, from what I have heard they are nerfing the hell out of Haven, this was strait from Henrick on stream. The thing I heard but I don't know if its true, is you only have 8 in game hours in haven then it boots you out? I think that is a bit extreme. I am playing the game because I like PvP, but if I want to stay in Haven until I have maxed stats, and some high level skills that should be my choice. Also, Henrick said there will be more spawns, but we need A LOT more, like I mean if the current spawns are the population of Canada, we need the population of India or China in spawn count. All it takes to keep a GY clear is 5 players. 1 fighter and 1 mage can bounce between 2 close bandit/risar camps and keep them cleared. Its just not enough to go around if all there are gonna do is increase spawns by 50-100%. It needs to be a huge amount. I get Henrick wants some spawns to be contested but if you cant farm anywhere during primetime people are going to quit.

Reactions: Anabolic Man

Draed

Jan 4, 2022
ROFL. If its a gang of Risar's killing swarms of new players it will be "harmless pvp fun, no problem here" if a human defends himself and kills a few of those same gankers in self defense it will be "Chaos! violent players murdering other players just trying to have fun"

On a serious note though, from what I have heard they are nerfing the hell out of Haven, this was strait from Henrick on stream. The thing I heard but I don't know if its true, is you only have 8 in game hours in haven then it boots you out? I think that is a bit extreme. I am playing the game because I like PvP, but if I want to stay in Haven until I have maxed stats, and some high level skills that should be my choice. Also, Henrick said there will be more spawns, but we need A LOT more, like I mean if the current spawns are the population of Canada, we need the population of India or China in spawn count. All it takes to keep a GY clear is 5 players. 1 fighter and 1 mage can bounce between 2 close bandit/risar camps and keep them cleared. Its just not enough to go around if all there are gonna do is increase spawns by 50-100%. It needs to be a huge amount. I get Henrick wants some spawns to be contested but if you cant farm anywhere during primetime people are going to quit.
agreed, hopefully they giga buff spawns. my plan is to rush a polesword and horse asap to go farm risars, but even going max speed im assuming there will be XX zerg controlling the spawns within the hour. if spawns arent boosted beyond belief the beginning gameplay loop will be locked behind being part of some zerg guild.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Not sure what they will cap them at but I think Henrik said they can have over 300 instances of Haven.

That is room for a lot of players.

I do believe just having haven to pass through will soften the blow to new players greatly over steam release of MO1.

Plus the fact that players dont have years of a head start on the new steam players coming in like they did in MO1.

There are many other issues that could turn off players as well though.

So time will tell.

Solaris

Nov 25, 2021
NorCal
Honestly if you are new to the MO universe and you don't take the opportunity to learn the game's systems and prep in Haven you deserve what's coming.

Cruor

Sep 14, 2021
Honestly if you are new to the MO universe and you don't take the opportunity to learn the game's systems and prep in Haven you deserve what's coming.
Haven is irrelevant. My concern is not enough spawns on the real map. Doesn't matter if you are the best player in the game, if 5 people roll up on you while you are fighting the Risar commander or Veteran bandit solo, you are going down, or at least chased off. If you cant get a horse, you are going to suffer. You don't have to be good to club someone in the back of the head who is taming a horse. Don't have to be good to kill the horse out of spite if someone gets to it first. ONE person can tame a horse and kill all the others for lore. Spawn gone for an 30 mins- an hour. My concern is there will be 10+ people at every horse spawn, bandit camp, and risar spawn. An MMOs first few days are important.

I would suggest they "over spawn" horses, bandits, zombies, and leather dropping animals for the first few days, then they can lower the amount to force competition for resources.

Kbear

May 28, 2020
I'm planning to level up a bit first in Haven then probably base myself in Meduli initially anyway.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I'm planning to level up a bit first in Haven then probably base myself in Meduli initially anyway.

i think Meduli will be extremly crowded. I go somewhere int he deepest wilderness in the first days. Koto want to protect new players but to be able to do that they will take the farm spots in the beginning to build their keep as fast as possible.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
zerg guild.

Let the zerg guilds do what they do. That's why they group up on that level, so that they can do that. But they aren't getting the level of enjoyment that a small group will get out of the game. Just like people are gonna start producing massive high tier mats, too, but when you think about how much effort they are putting into it, it's kinda like well... they deserve it. lol. If people wanna camp out certain spawns and areas, let 'em. Go somewhere else. Enjoy the whole game.

If you get caught up in "owns this", "can't go here" etc you will just be griefing yourself. Plus you can always go places on off hours if you really wanna go there. It's a big world and people have been waiting for years to control these spots in the new MO, so hey... I wish 'em luck. Can't be mad. If a bunch of zerg guilds are fighting each other for spots, you can be doing whatever you want elsewhere.

As for the 8 hour haven limit, that's interesting. I dunno why they'd do that (especially without any warning or testing), but again, it's w/e if it comes down to that.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I think the same about the cities Tindrem and Fabernum. Will be fun to see the fps going down because of 500 players at the same time in Tindrem bank and central place.

Henrick told us that 50 k copies have been sold and that he expect 100 k players. That would mean 10 k Players per town. gg
i will go somewhere in the wilderness. Maybe there are only 200-300 Players in the Junglecamp or i swim somewhere to the end of the map and chill on a small island and go fishing. i don´t wanna stuck in the quene to enter the bank building for 2 h, pr maybe i stay in heaven XD

Draed

Jan 4, 2022
If you get caught up in "owns this", "can't go here" etc you will just be griefing yourself. Plus you can always go places on off hours if you really wanna go there. It's a big world and people have been waiting for years to control these spots in the new MO, so hey... I wish 'em luck. Can't be mad. If a bunch of zerg guilds are fighting each other for spots, you can be doing whatever you want elsewhere.
fair enough, my point was more so that the most convenient early game facilities (risars/bandits) i predict will be locked behind an unattractive gameplay alternative (being part of a zerg,) although hopefully not all spawns will be controlled.