Nerf Mounted Archer PvE, Introduce Carcass Quality

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Body shots with a bow should reduce the ammount of materials you can get from killing an animal !
It would be more fun, if you have to give the animals headshots with your bow, to get the maxumum ammount of carcass or the best Quality of carcass.

The best option would be to add different qualities of carcass,
The animals could drop 3 different typed of carcass "Perfect carcass" "Quality carcass and "low grade carcass".

Butchering perfect carcass (which can only be dropped by animals, that have been killed with only headshots and maybe special arrows such as small game arrows and
tranquilizer arrows) should give you more crafting mats used for Armors, more leather and more Scales and fur if you butcher them.

If you kill the animal with only headshots you could get a better quality of carcass that have higher effects for Alchemy.

with the sword you should be forced to aim for the head aswell.

Hunting is a big part of the game and i loved it, that you had to aim for the head in RDR2 to not ruin the pelt. It was a challange to always aim for the head and made hunting much more fun, because you got rewarded for being a skillfull hunter. It made you happy if you land headshots.

SV would have to change the Database, but i think it would make the game much better. Maybe somethign SV should do in the future, when they have more time.

Atm we need much dungeons, creatures and world events.

Last edited:

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Adding to this I think legendary creatures like in RDR2 would also be cool. Im glad the game doesn't depend on RNG 1/9999 chance to get epic rare item like most MMOs but I do think adding a little bit of RNG would make the game more interesting

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Neat idea. I like the idea of being rewarded for skilled shots, however, I think the graded carcass is a bit excessive.

Instead, amount of carcass could be the variable. On top of that, considering trophy items exist, there could be a bonus animal trophy that drops when you get a perfect kill. The trophy would be vendored, turned into furniture, or used for bragging rights.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
They should just make some mobs inmune to piercing damage or at least arrows.

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
Body shots with a bow should reduce the ammount of materials you can get from killing an animal !

NO !

you are right in thinking MA is and always has been the most reliable way of hunting (carcass) but I am hoping for more options in the future. like using melee, pets and even magic. pets attacks are totally random so what then ? melee you cant always hit the head if the mob is squirming about or when you are not alone. should the FF facing the tail just watch the fight and wait for its turn ? will his turn ever came if he never hits the mob ? also, not all magic is pinpoint target like for example Elementalism.

Reactions: Najwalaylah