Mob Stacking:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
What is the issue here, that you pulled all the mobs? I could complain about a lot of things with this game but this is just user error.

All I did was move. Nah that was a single mob or somehow two really close melee only mobs. It was MA food but I wanted to try to see if I could do something w/ the guys on the ground by kiting, but there's not really a way to do it with out getting slammed. Mob stacking = when mobs get basically on top of each other which makes it hard to hit or to kite. It's not like old wolf/ Final Fantasy IV Dragon (3) level, but it's still really bad.

@ user error, post me your melee solution to that? More parries?

D

Deleted member 44

My question is why you would even fight that? They fixed the stacking issue awhile back, which has actually made killing multiple enemies at once harder as they are constantly repositioning to avoid touching each other. I don't understand SVs mob logic at all. Why is it that I can max range hit a bandit and the entire camp will pull? I can do the same thing to risars, a more challenging mob and not pull the entire camp. Group mob pulling should be reserved for dungeons only, where there is an expectation that the player is with a group.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
My question is why you would even fight that? They fixed the stacking issue awhile back, which has actually made killing multiple enemies at once harder as they are constantly repositioning to avoid touching each other. I don't understand SVs mob logic at all. Why is it that I can max range hit a bandit and the entire camp will pull? I can do the same thing to risars, a more challenging mob and not pull the entire camp. Group mob pulling should be reserved for dungeons only, where there is an expectation that the player is with a group.

They aggro'd onto me. It wasn't like I was running around the map trying to collect mobs, it was a one time thing. I'm just saying that there's not really a reliable way to kill ONE guy in that situation. It's not a true stack, I know, but it's still a stack. It's worse because it has more range, you can't hit shit very well and you get hit by like 3 guys approaching the mob.

Yeah there are diff areas for various size bandit groups, small ones are ok, like a 3 of groundguys. Another thing is the mob loops lead to stacking, their behavior pattern will ultimately end up with all the mobs in the same place in a fight OR that's how it has been every time I fought in MO. Cuz they never move side to side and they always follow you. That's more of what I was talking about.

I knew I wasn't gonna die to bandits, so I just fought it to see if I could hit them without getting hit, and I dunno if I could or not. I caught only one hit once but mistimed the swing.

I've been bitching about Mob Behavior, and I want to get it on tape. Watch the vid of me fighting two bandits and compare.

I can pull like 6 sators too and stack them. It's just the end result.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
cuz without an AI and adaptative behavior they need to make a generic scenario for all.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I agree.
The 12 wolves that chase you forever are bad enough but the bandits pulling half the camp out with them its just retarded. Especially when there are multiple veteran casters in there.
I understand having a chance to pull multiples, but if you are careful you should be able to pull singles too.

Totally moronic.

Reactions: Deleted member 44

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
It's nobody's fault but your own that you didn't roll a mounted archer. You could be walking away with all that loot/clade without loosing a HP, like sup bru just me and my 1000s of trink gold and best gear. But here you are posting.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It's nobody's fault but your own that you didn't roll a mounted archer. You could be walking away with all that loot/clade without loosing a HP, like sup bru just me and my 1000s of trink gold and best gear. But here you are posting.

oh I got MA, I was just getting into stupid situations on the ground to test things. I think video evidence is good for devs, just I mean watch it and really check out what is happening.

That's an unwinnable scenario in a lot of cases. I kind of think you could w/ the right gear. I had a steel PS but my ps is like 40. I was like I'm gonna lose a steel PS over pushing my life to the limit vs these bandits, but I didn't.

The point is that even as all melee, as jack said, even with animal mobs, the way they come at you just doesn't allow for a skillful solution, and yea I know my solution was not skillful, per se, I was mainly trying to see if I could clip one without getting hit, but mostly I got caught by little swarms of bandit hands. I mean they were hitting me for 5s and stuff lol, but still it adds up.

D

Deleted member 44

Someone hurt you while you were in fullgrain kallardian armor, didn't they?

• Haha
Reactions: Hodo

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
AI Is garbage but people seems to like it, just like afk mining what can i say :/

yea they suck but I do think there needs to be some level of time investment equity to back the currency of the game. So even if inflation gets high mining and woodcut will stay well valued because they will be necessary.

Even in a trash economy.