MO2 Broke Me and my Friend’s Mice Cursor. Serious Problem!

Worll_the_Scribe

Aug 21, 2021
My friend and I both played for the stress test. After the first night of playing my friend said, “ I’ve got to stop because my mouse is acting weird; the cursor is freaking out and I can’t click anything.” I shrugged it off thinking he did something dumb, not relating it to the game.
A few days passed and he’s not been able to fix the issue, after trying a dozen techniques, even restoring his computer to a previous state.

And now it’s happened to me! My mouse cursor is totally messed up. It’s not registering clicks, it’s selecting multiple items, it’s clicking not where the cursor is. It started while I was playing MO, trying to buy a book. I have the same symptoms as my friend. It’s rendered our computers nearly unusable.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have a suggestion to fix it?

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
If its outside the game, then its because your GPU or CPU is about to kick the bucket. Unless its your hard drive causing corruptions of important files, which can be a rare offshoot case. Mortal online 2 is not super well optimized so it will either push your CPU or GPU to the limit, or both. Which might be a bit much if your GPU or CPU is already dying.

FYI a defect GPU or CPU thats brand new might work for most games but then it'll come across that one game that uses a part of it that doesn't work and you got a recipe for disaster.

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
Haven't heard of someone else having this problem. I hope you manage to uncover what is wrong and recover from it. Try checking the CPU and GPU as @bbihah suggested.

Worll_the_Scribe

Aug 21, 2021
If its outside the game, then its because your GPU or CPU is about to kick the bucket. Unless its your hard drive causing corruptions of important files, which can be a rare offshoot case. Mortal online 2 is not super well optimized so it will either push your CPU or GPU to the limit, or both. Which might be a bit much if your GPU or CPU is already dying.

FYI a defect GPU or CPU thats brand new might work for most games but then it'll come across that one game that uses a part of it that doesn't work and you got a recipe for disaster.
We both have new, strong computers. Our gpu or cpus should not be about to kick the bucket.
But if a game can fry a new gpu then that needs to be address

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
We both have new, strong computers. Our gpu or cpus should not be about to kick the bucket.
But if a game can fry a new gpu then that needs to be address
Games cant override GPU or CPU safeties or limits. If there is a problem its not on starvault. Unless your GPU or CPU is made by starvault, which i can bet hard money that its not.

If your computers are mirrors of each other, there might be an issue with PSU. Be it defect or that your components at 100% are drawing more than it can give which can both result in a shutdown, artifacts and weird behavior.

Without knowing what you are using there is not much else anyone can do for you? Its not like anyone can snap their fingers and the problem will be resolved.

Last edited:

Worll_the_Scribe

Aug 21, 2021
Games cant override GPU or CPU safeties or limits. If there is a problem its not on starvault. Unless your GPU or CPU is made by starvault, which i can bet hard money that its not.

If your computers are mirrors of each other, there might be an issue with PSU. Be it defect or that your components at 100% are drawing more than it can give which can both result in a shutdown, artifacts and weird behavior.

Without knowing what you are using there is not much else anyone can do for you? Its not like anyone can snap their fingers and the problem will be resolved.
Are you saying two things? It’s a game that can push your computer’s limits, causing a breakdown, and also that it cannot push your computer beyond the safety limits and cannot cause a breakdown?

I’m on a lap top and he’s on a beefy desktop. They are different.

I’m away for a few days without my laptop so I’ve avoided troubleshooting, hoping my friend would find a fix, but now he seems to be out of ideas.

I suppose this is as much of a warning post as it is a solution-seeking post.

thanks for taking time to help

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
A game can't push your computer past the limits set by the hardware manufacturers.

I have never said otherwise.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
It could be something as simple as Hardware acceleration being activated on the mouse or the dreaded "enhance mouse precision" that can create issues.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Had the same problem in the past. It was a driver error caused by the driver software of the mouse having a problem with the graphics card driver.
Long story short.

To minize the potential problems. Use other mouse. if thats not working install fresh windows.
If thats not work use different hardware.

Its not star vaults problem. stuff like this can happen if a firmwareupdate or your mouse driver was/is corrupted and now have a problem to sort its position while you in screen/borderscreen window. Maybe try setting mortal fullscreen.

Or the more tirvial thing what my buddy had was a hair in the mouse laser thingy under mouse.

Yeah sounds simple, is simple, but can be the case here.

video would help alot. xD

Reactions: bbihah

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Or change mouse ? Seriusly I play mo since the beginning and now play Mo2 with a medium budget PC and never had this issue.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Or change mouse ? Seriusly I play mo since the beginning and now play Mo2 with a medium budget PC and never had this issue.
Honestly the more I think about it, seems more like a software issue. Windows, Video drivers, Motherboard/cpu Chipset drivers. Heck even Audio drivers could be playing games on hardware acceleration, which he might have enabled on his mouse(Common mistake). But if he has an extra mouse lying about I guess its easy to try it. But I would honestly suggest DDU in safemode to reinstall GPU drivers, Make sure chipset is installed, maybe install motherboard bios updates if there are any. If none of that works. Clean windows reinstall.

Worll_the_Scribe

Aug 21, 2021
Mouse is clean, tried different ports, and tried a different mouse. It’s definitely not the mouse.

I’ve found a few lists of troubleshooting ideas on the internet and have done them all.

After what you’ve all said I fear there was some internal component damage somehow. I didn’t have the settings very high and was getting 100+ FPS. And was just in town talking to a vendor when it happened (unless I didn’t notice it before)

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
If you didn't put a frame limit on you your components were definitely working 100%. Personally I run frame limit 60 fps when I just want my fans not even spinning on my GPU as the card wont even go above 58 degrees which is the zero rpm limit on it. while keeping it limited to 144 any other time.

If its indeed the use of your laptop that drove it over the edge and not something unrelated then maybe. But thats between you and whoever sold you your defect laptop as you'd have to RMA it. Have you gone into your mouse settings to make sure enhance mouse precision is turned off? this makes your mouse responsiveness very limited to your current CPU performance if its enabled.

Other than that, Reinstall GPU drivers, im assuming its a nvidia GPU laptop so using https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html in safe mode is the best way to get a clean slate installed, make sure CPU chipsets are installed. The page for the laptop model usually has them listed. I'd try to avoid Nvidia Experience if possible, that's known to give laptops trouble, had issues with my laptop that I game on when im at work(at sea) but fixed any performance issues i had by safe mode DDU and skipping out on installing nvidia experience, just go with normal drivers.

Reactions: Worll_the_Scribe

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
That's not how computers work.

If you actually looked into the 3090 thing, that was on the HARDWARE MANUFACTURER EVGA. It wasn't some super hacker malicious code in new world that infiltrated your VBIOS and made it melt down. EVGA did a goof on their voltage regulation(From what i remember) and the card would go above their own set limits on SOME cards. It had nothing to do with the game. The only thing new world did was it would be demanding enough to keep the card maxed out for long periods of time, GPUs are built to work at 100% if they weren't then they'd have to put a limit so the card CANT work on whatever that 100% is. be it through downclocking or whatever else required to keep voltage AND thermals in what the card can handle. If then your case doesnt allow for good enough airflow to keep thermals acceptable, now thats on the individual, but GPU, CPU and Motherboard are built to be used to their 100%.

Next up you are going to blame whatever game people someone happened to be playing when those PSU's exploded last month.
no matter the excuse, the game itself caused the problem to the hardeware by not capping the fps in the menus. So yeah the game did it.

Worll_the_Scribe

Aug 21, 2021
It happened to me and my friend, a day apart, both while playing MO2.
We've played many other games together and never had an issue like this.
That being said, it's clear something MO2 does caused it. Not saying that this issue wouldn't arise later on by some other program or game, but MO2 is a clear cause and effect.

We both have Nvidia cards

D

Deleted member 94

Thread cleaned up due to off topic posts. Please only post replies that are helpful to the OP's question.

D

Deleted member 44

Is this a troll post? Dude makes up some story about how his hardware gets broken by the game? Yeah ok bud

Reactions: Teknique