Make Mounted Archers Great Again! 🏹🏇 "Constructive Criticism" of the Current Class. "Introducing Class Specialization"

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Introduction:
My Fellow Americans, Also My Fellow Navians. HAPPY LABOR DAY! 🎉🥂 Today I present to you a class that in design Counters Mages, Foot Fighters, Tamers, And Mounted Combat Warriors.

Description:
The Mounted Archer, deals less damage then a standard Archer, instead trading that extra damage for extra mobility. Often Wearing Heavy Plate Armor designed to counter pierce damage. They are the stand alone best PVE Class in the game, with Headshot they are even better.

HOW DO THEY COUNTER OTHER CLASSES?

FOOT FIGHTERS: Cannot do a thing, In MO2 Dex is nerfed a ton, no longer do they even have a chance against us, and with the introduction of Horse Armor, we no longer fear their arrows should they spec into archery as a primary. This is because it's harder for them to hit us, so while trading damage any arrow we land is worth 2 of theirs. This is because we are 2 targets, some of their arrows will miss us, some will hit the horse which has 315 hp plus armor. The enemy will never have 315hp and can't outland shots on us. We have all day, we can run to safety and engage again with another arrow to the back, and then dart away to safety or land a few more hits. And if they do not have archery they are just a sitting duck.

MAGES: Have a 60% chance of any damage they take interrupting their current spell, because mages are split into 2 categories a Dex Mage or a Fat Mage we know our options against both. Fat Mages are often encountered on a Mount, their cast time is increased and we can out trade them in damage. They are often in Hornscale Armor and our pierce damage deals more damage then their spells, or armor can tank. We also retain our chance of interrupting their spells even when the enemy is on horse. Dex Maxes are Faster and like to stay on foot, but they get all that move speed for the trade of the HP the Fatmage offers. Their Build counters Foot Fighters, who aren't Dex fighters themselves, but their build trades into us even worse. Elves the favored Dex mage has the least amount of Hp in the game.

TAMERS: They have pets, but if it isn't a Bear it is a weak ass pet anyway. If it is a Bear it can never catch us so there is nothing to worry about. You Simply run in circles and shoot at it, or run a straight line and turn and shoot at it. If we run enough distance the bear can lose command range of the tamer controlling it. In addition the mage has to stand to charge spells, we also have the option of shooting them during this time, or ignoring the Pet entirely and going for the enemy mage. With the addition of the Spider Queen Pet they now have a ranged option, the Spider Queen However has a 3rd of the Hp of a Bear and still isn't a threat to us. And Once we get the option of Molvas/Bull Horses our Mounts will have Vastly more Hp then any ranged pet they have, with the exception of a Troll or Dragon, then we are fucked.

Mounted Combat Warriors: Fast like the Mounted Archer, however they require melee to hit us. This Fight is a little annoying, but as long as you can turn to get your shots off you can hit them. Or Run a Straight Line and try shooting them, it requires a specific angle though. Sometimes you need to turn the opposite direction in quarter circles to hit them. The most important thing is to manage your stamina, if you run out you can actually lose this fight. But as long as you are patient you always win.

So Why Is this Class Barely Played?

♦ It's Boring Plain and Simple, for all the good things that it does, it suffers in all the areas where it is lacking. People usually play this class for it's PVE capabilities until they burn out. I'll explain it's Cons.

♦ It has no additional Primary Skills Akin to it's own class. Head Shot can be acquired by a foot archer as well as a Mounted Archer.

♦There is no extra weapons, a Foot fighter has many choices, and a Mage down the road will have many different types of magic to choose from. Foot Archers and Mounted Archers both have bows, and that is all. No Crossbows, no Throwing Weapons, No Fire Arrows, Poison Arrows, Ice Arrows, Serrated Bleed Arrows, Thunder Arrows, Lightning Arrows, Slowing Restraining Rope Arrows, No Bolas, No BlowDart Guns, Toxic Darts? or Castle Climbing Grappling Hooks.

♦Foot Fighters will receive special attacks with their weapons in the future, mages will receive a ton of new magic schools. But Foot Archers and Mounted Archers can't Double Shot, or Triple Shot? Snipe Shot? They don't get any special attacks or abilities. Some of the things above have been confirmed by the Devs, Crossbows, Throwing Axes, and Throwing Poison Potions. But nothing right now, or for release of the game in October. So how long until Archers get some love, months? years?

A Solution: Class Specialization

I've taken notice that due to the primary points system it may prove difficult to add in new skills to Mounted Combat, without it becoming a secondary skill
that any smuck could take advantage of, then we would see Hybrid classes and nothing but Hybrid. So I came up with Specializations to make it so players could only choose 1 Spec and be different from each other, so if you want to be a Archer for Example you could further your role in that area with a specialization.

Archer Class Specialization: Require all current archer and mounted archer primaries and secondary's unlocked and maxed. before a specialization can be chosen.

Sniper: Gives the Long Shot Ability, Arrows Fired From Bows can travel 200% Further and deal 2x damage. Gives the use of Serrated Arrows to bleed opponent. And the arrow rain ability. (Can shoot arrows into the air, which have a trajectory which travel slowly towards the ground)

Mounted Demolitionist: With the Use of Heavy Mounts, (Compodons, Molvas, Bears,) Mounted Archers can carry Ballista and other heavy ranged weaponry akin to mini versions of siege equipment. These weapons are very powerful, have a long reload time, slow down your mount considerably and cannot deal damage to player houses/keeps. Only can deal damage to players/monsters.

Assassin: Gives Eye Shot ability: Arrows aimed at opponents head have a chance to blind the opponent for a few seconds. Also Deals additional damage if aimed at head. Can use 1 Handed Crossbows and Daggers in Other hand and use the Back stab ability, opponents hit by dagger from behind when blinded take double damage. Can use the Bola: A throwing Weapon that can tie up opponents feet making them unable to move.

Infiltrator: Allows the use of Grappling Hook Ammunitions: Which allows you to climb buildings, Slowing Restrain Rope Arrows which when fired at players feet slows them, Caltrops Trap: Can place spikes on ground to slow opponent and deal pierce damage. Can use the Blow Dart Gun. (Has Sleep Darts and Toxic Dart Frog Darts) Toxic is stronger then poison and last longer.

Elementalist: Can use Fire Arrows, Ice Arrows, Thunder Arrows, Lightning Arrows, Poison Arrows. (Thunder Arrows Cause Disorientation, making your character not hear for a few seconds and stumble for .5 second) Lightning Arrows, Add +10 lightning burst damage and a 1 in 10 chance to paralyze opponent. Ice Arrows, deal more damage to Demons and have a 1 in 5 chance to freeze opponent for 3 seconds, as well as cause frost bite lowering melee attack damage by 10 and move speed by 5% for 20 seconds. Fire Arrows can burn opponent for a % of their Hp, very strong vs bosses. Poison Arrows can Deal 7 damage a tick for 30 seconds.

Trick Shot: Can use the Triple Shot and Double Shot. Has Access to the repeater cross bow for rapid shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I stopped reading after you said MA > Foot Fighter. No player with a brain will lose to a MA on foot.
Your reply gave me a brain aneurism, gave me stage 3 prostate cancer, and sent me straight to the hospital. I had to take a lesson in Quantum Physics just to improve my IQ back to baseline before digesting your content. Please Explain How a Foot Fighter who can't catch a MA defeats a person who can never be caught.

Reactions: Tzone and Tarpit

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I stopped reading after you said MA > Foot Fighter. No player with a brain will lose to a MA on foot.
Actually I'll try to break down your point of view before you even reply. So I presume you think the MA will stand still while the 2 of you trade head shots. You as the foot fighter naturally does more damage then the Mounted Archer so in your foolery you are deceived into believing that you have attained victory over the MA.

However Lad, the MA can move at blinding speeds and you will be hard pressed to land all your shots on it and eventually they will be out of your range, free to reset the fight come back and fire a few shots into you and then dart away before u can land a shot in return. You may land 1 shot if you are really good. But did it land on the Horse with (Horse armor with 315 hp) or did it land on the player the MA who will be wearing Merc Plate or Draku Max Pierce Defense armor. So now our battle becomes a battle of attrition but the advantage goes to the Mounted Archer who can decide how the battle takes place no matter how long it takes. And that sir is check mate.

D

Deleted member 44

I'll happily fight you on your MA while I'm on foot. You'll get destroyed.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
How does a MA lose to a foot fighter? I know Shmerrick plays MA a lot so they should be able to explain.

You literally cant lose because you can just disengage when low health either on mount or yourself. Played both sides of this. Even if you can not kill someone as MA. The foot fighter has no mathematical way to catch up to the MA if the MA runs a way. Even if you are fighting a archer who is good, you as the MA just keep middle distance untill low health and move unpredictably when you run away. The archer has to predict ahead to land shots.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
How does a MA lose to a foot fighter? I know Shmerrick plays MA a lot so they should be able to explain.

You literally cant lose because you can just disengage when low health either on mount or yourself. Played both sides of this. Even if you can not kill someone as MA. The foot fighter has no mathematical way to catch up to the MA if the MA runs a way. Even if you are fighting a archer who is good, you as the MA just keep middle distance untill low health and move unpredictably when you run away. The archer has to predict ahead to land shots.
Exactly this and then of course the Merc plate or drako armor because it's the only armor any Mounted Archer wears as any return damage we take will be from other piercing damage, and so this will further reduce the foot archers damage. Also is the Foot fighter a thursar with double regens? If it's just a human or a elf or oghmir then the Ma should have passive regen as part of it's build furthering it's advantage in the battle.

D

Deleted member 44

Trees and bow power on foot. You have access to long bows and can maneuver on foot easier. The foot archer can easily out damage the MA and has a bigger target to hit. It is harder for the MA to hit a small moving target with 100% accuracy and damage drasically drops off if the target is in steel or better armor. Retreating and healing the horse is a solid option but will allow the foot fighter to gain better ground. If you are fighting on an open plain the MA does have an advantage but without MC to aid them their success can be limited. I've been dismounted by overwhelming odds before and I've at least been able to take down 2~3 horses before I die and I've never lost an engagement as the foot fighter when attacked by a single MA.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
I think MA has the highest chance of survival against all other play styles. I wouldn't say they counter all others. You have to be one damned good shot if you want to kill anyone on foot.

The only scenario where a foot fighter/mage is completely 'countered' by an MA is in the plains where there are no trees to hide behind. If there are trees and rocks to use as cover an MA will have a hard time doing enough DPS to kill the footie, unless they're a god shot or the footie has no way to heal.

Tekk

Apr 5, 2021
I’m really confused here. On one hand, Poison Arrow says MA is not good enough and on the other hand Shmerrick says MA is bad? Yet you are arguing with each other

Im pretty sure archery is not finished.Maybe we should talk about archery after fletchery gets added.

Not many people play MA for many different reasons. But it doesn’t mean MA needs to be buffed or nerfed.

You want MA’s in your group to dismount other mounted characters so that your hobbit (foot fighters) friends can fight them. You’re not going to be the main source of damage. You’re more of a support class if you go MA.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
MA are good for killing mounts of enemy cavalry, harassing mages and chasing runaways.
They dont need buffs. They have the highest survivability AND easiest farming class in the game.

D

Deleted member 44

I’m really confused here. On one hand, Poison Arrow says MA is not good enough and on the other hand Shmerrick says MA is bad? Yet you are arguing with each other

Im pretty sure archery is not finished.Maybe we should talk about archery after fletchery gets added.

Not many people play MA for many different reasons. But it doesn’t mean MA needs to be buffed or nerfed.

You want MA’s in your group to dismount other mounted characters so that your hobbit (foot fighters) friends can fight them. You’re not going to be the main source of damage. You’re more of a support class if you go MA.
I never said MA is bad. I enjoy it. What I was saying is that a foot fighter vs MA, the foot fighter will usually win. I consider a win to be a loss of the MAs horse or an actual death of the MA himself.

Tzone

May 16, 2021

Poisonarrows says its good but not fun. If you some how stomach through the colored writing you will read that he says that its better then FF, Mage, and Tamer. But its that these playstyles will get new attack/magic/pets in the future.

Pretty much the entire purpose of the thread is to buff "fun" since not a lot of people play MA. Not that he is saying MA is bad. What caused Sch to complain was that PS said that FF had no counter to MA. Which they dont, Bows are just a deterrent to MA which can use heals while on horse back and return quickly.

I think most of the ideas PS put out are cartoonish and silly. And I am trying to say that respectfully. Ill put forth by views on what is needed/wanted for MA.

Just fletching for when people start wearing better endgame armor. My idea for fletching is just to have a % of ignore armor up to certain amount based on what your arrows are made out of compared to what there armor is made out of.
Cronite arrows v cronite armor would not be that different comparing cronite arrows to ironbone armor In terms of damage.

MA is in a very strong spot doing damage applied with the low risk of being able to run away. Its a very survivable playstyle with moderate damage and very good against other mounteds.

My main disappointment is with how good short bow is compared to asym up untill the mid 110s. Like if you dont have 113+ str its not even worth using a asym because the DPS from the SBs rate of fire.. I dont want short bow nerfed but I dont like playing it because of how it feels to handle. Also I want the longer straighter range on asym.

The only real and bad issue with MA is that archery its self is scuffed but the mounted part just makes up for all of that.

Reactions: PoisonArrows

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

That's literally the whole point behind the article. Every other class has more weapons. Mages have more schools to choose from with more to come in the future. The Foot fighters have tons of weapons to choose from as well as access to Archery and Long Bows for just 100 points. There's also no reason to spec entirely into a MA, unless you want God level PVE. Yes exactly feels like a support class, it can however defeat other players, for example if I battle Shmerrick and he goes foot fighter I can defeat him if our battle takes place in Meduli, because there is no place for him to hide there. But if we did a second battle where he gets to choose the location, and there is tree's and rocks, and bushes ect. The Battle could literally go on for like 10-20minutes of back and forth, trying to outsmart each other, I can run away and try to put some arrows in him, but then he hides, he can bandage and regen, and then the damage I did was auto healed off, and then I heal my horse and myself and we re-engage, and this is what makes the battle drag on forever and ever and it just becomes annoying. No one wants to do that and most players just walk away at that point. If I get like 3 headshots all of them weak spot hits then sure the battle won't last as long. But with Ma it takes a certain degree of skill where you are practically playing off the max range of your asymmetrical bow and using move speed to close distance for hits. Hits that don't always hit because as Shmerrick said it's a lot harder on horse to land the hits. Ma is just a very strange play style and hard to put into words, but there is some very clear disadvantages to this class. And Worst of All, If you are a Human you can comfortably be a MA/MC/Mounted Mage Hybrid. This pretty much breaks the class, why be 1 thing when you can be all 3? Referencing once again how a battle between MA/Foot Archer plays out, if the Ma gets a Slight advantage it's a lot easier to go in for the kill with MC weapons then to continue shooting. And that's what breaks the class. This is why I believe it needs something extra. That's why I thought of specializations. I'll write a article in the future about specializations for each class to even it.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Poisonarrows says its good but not fun. If you some how stomach through the colored writing you will read that he says that its better then FF, Mage, and Tamer. But its that these playstyles will get new attack/magic/pets in the future.

Pretty much the entire purpose of the thread is to buff "fun" since not a lot of people play MA. Not that he is saying MA is bad. What caused Sch to complain was that PS said that FF had no counter to MA. Which they dont, Bows are just a deterrent to MA which can use heals while on horse back and return quickly.

I think most of the ideas PS put out are cartoonish and silly. And I am trying to say that respectfully. Ill put forth by views on what is needed/wanted for MA.

Just fletching for when people start wearing better endgame armor. My idea for fletching is just to have a % of ignore armor up to certain amount based on what your arrows are made out of compared to what there armor is made out of.
Cronite arrows v cronite armor would not be that different comparing cronite arrows to ironbone armor In terms of damage.

MA is in a very strong spot doing damage applied with the low risk of being able to run away. Its a very survivable playstyle with moderate damage and very good against other mounteds.

My main disappointment is with how good short bow is compared to asym up untill the mid 110s. Like if you dont have 113+ str its not even worth using a asym because the DPS from the SBs rate of fire.. I dont want short bow nerfed but I dont like playing it because of how it feels to handle. Also I want the longer straighter range on asym.

The only real and bad issue with MA is that archery its self is scuffed but the mounted part just makes up for all of that.
Well whatever your viewpoint I'm sure everyone can agree on the clear advantages/disadvantages of MA. As a Whole Archery is a class that should have some more things going for it, as it stands it's a very bare bones class. And to the average player the extra damage of the longbow on a foot fighter can be a better choice, it's only when you factor in PVE safety on the Mount and PVP vs things like Tamers that you see some very clear advantages of MA to Foot Archer, as a foot archer won't ever beat a Tamer. I would wish for Foot Archers and Mounted Archers to be more different to one another then they currently are, either with New Primary Skills, New Weapons, Specializations or whatever other idea someone can come up with.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Well whatever your viewpoint I'm sure everyone can agree on the clear advantages/disadvantages of MA. As a Whole Archery is a class that should have some more things going for it, as it stands it's a very bare bones class. And to the average player the extra damage of the longbow on a foot fighter can be a better choice, it's only when you factor in PVE safety on the Mount and PVP vs things like Tamers that you see some very clear advantages of MA to Foot Archer, as a foot archer won't ever beat a Tamer. I would wish for Foot Archers and Mounted Archers to be more different to one another then they currently are, either with New Primary Skills, New Weapons, Specializations or whatever other idea someone can come up with.
To be honest people stop reading when they see the colored text. If you want people to start reading your post I highly suggest not having multiple colors and font sizes.