Make Earthquake a forbidden Spell in towns. Let teh guards attack mages already during the precast time, if they try to cast an eartquake.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
You can deal massive aoe damage with a earthquake and bomb the whole Bank, where many players are standing next to each other. That should be the only forbidden Spell to use in towns. The guards should attack a player that is casting an earthquake already during the precast time. I am fine if players can be murdered with thunderlashs and that the guards will wait, till they react after the player revived damage, becuase 2 Palyers are not enough to kill a single person with a thunderlashm, before they get killed by a guard, and can´t kill all players in range.

Last edited:

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
No! What comes next? Setting a pet to aggressive state forbidden in town? A heavy pet with high HP could deal the same or even more damage in the bank until guards would be able to kill it. A group of naked players with a cheap sword could also attack and murder a single player within a second. Do you want to forbid the second hit?

Truthshower

Mar 4, 2021
people just love taking the hard out of hardcore with all this bullshit

arent you with legion which is lead by viknuss the most fake bad ass that ever was in mo? I swear legion has cried about so much and made up so much shit they'd be better off with diapers on their faces to absorb it all

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
i know that people are aftraid if one carbear mechnaic get implemented more will follow. I don´t want this to happen aswell. but i think it is realistic that a if a guard see that someone want to earthquake a place and comit mass murder that he will interact, if he have vision on the player. In real life the security would also react if someone want to hide a Bomb on a building, even before he have blown up the people.
I am the absolute opposite of a carebeare player that stoped playing Ultima after they added Trammel and
and nevertheless i make this suggestion, becuase it would make the game better.

Some Roleplayers love to show the people their wealth. Take this rare Armorsets from the Sator Dungen as an example or the rare red Tower Shield. We need such Players in the game.

These Players want to show other players their rare items. Unfortunately, that doesn't work because grifer would cast an Eathquake immediately, if someone put out a rare Armorset. I think that's a shame. Such rare items then go moldy in the bank. Nobody wears them in PVP and you can't show them to anyone.

A good game must attract all Players. PVP Players, Roleplayers, Adventurers, Crafters. Gamblers and so on. A game that focus only on PVP or only on PVE will always fail.

Another Idea would be to add a second Bank in the nobleman district. Some places are only accessable if you have max reputation in MO2. For excample the Tindrem Castle. A place scumbags can´t enter. Why not place a bank inside this Castle.

The nobles who hang out in the castle are well guarded by the secret service in real life aswell. Take the noble gentlemen who live at Prague Castle as an example.
It's like in real life. Assassination of nobles can lead to war. Nobody cares about an assassination attempt on any unknown inhabitant.

Last edited:

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
Just create a system that prevents players from being killed when their bank tab is open. Obviously make it more complex than this, but there is no value in even having a bank system if banks end up being one of the most dangerous areas in the game due to griefers.

to slippery slope fallacy believers: the hardcore pvp nature of this game doesn’t rest on the ability of a player to kill you in an area that only exists to prevent other players from taking your shit

Reactions: Melvinius

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Just create a system that prevents players from being killed when their bank tab is open. Obviously make it more complex than this, but there is no value in even having a bank system if banks end up being one of the most dangerous areas in the game due to griefers.

to slippery slope fallacy believers: the hardcore pvp nature of this game doesn’t rest on the ability of a player to kill you in an area that only exists to prevent other players from taking your shit

Henrick told us that Players with a high reputation will be able to enter specific areas, where normal Scumbags can´t enter, if they not have high reputation, such as the Tindrem Castle. I hope they add a bank over there.

Sauron

Mar 29, 2021
I sometimes click spells by mistake.
Especially after assigning different keybinds.

Don't wanna get killed for that.

• Haha
Reactions: Xunila

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I say only earthquake Spell. You could just put it on a keybinding you not excidently press.

Reactions: Xunila

Melvinius

Apr 9, 2021

Best thread answer.

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa

or, even simpler, just bank your items (takes 5 seconds) and don't afk with loot you are afraid to lose on you.