Magic schools at release

MoLo

Jun 5, 2020
Any news regarding which magic schools will be available for the release? I hope is not just ecumenical.

Lucifer

May 31, 2020
So theyre not even releasing all of the games content at release? Thats just stupid but typical of sv. They stretch releasing content out like a spoonfull of butter on ten loafs of bread

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
So theyre not even releasing all of the games content at release? Thats just stupid but typical of sv. They stretch releasing content out like a spoonfull of butter on ten loafs of bread

Better to get stable features one after another than all 13 magic schools at the fiorst day. Don't forget that most magic schools in MO1 require runs into several dungeons to get the scrolls and seal keys. Some of them are in Sarducaa, but Sarducaa will not be part of the first release. Probably other scrolls and keys are planned for a location on other continents. I would not like to get many continents at the first day and afterwards see people complaining about the low activity because all players are spread to the continents.

Lucifer

May 31, 2020
Better to get stable features one after another than all 13 magic schools at the fiorst day. Don't forget that most magic schools in MO1 require runs into several dungeons to get the scrolls and seal keys. Some of them are in Sarducaa, but Sarducaa will not be part of the first release. Probably other scrolls and keys are planned for a location on other continents. I would not like to get many continents at the first day and afterwards see people complaining about the low activity because all players are spread to the continents.

Now THAT is a huge stretch to make your point.... And, making all of this stable is what alpha and beta is for ..release is meant for a finished game. Just saying you dont want players spread out looking for stuff is just as horrid excuse

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
Ah yes, let them release all of the broken, hard to balance, beta content from MO1! No need for them to redesign, tweak, balance and perfect anything in the second improved iteration of the game...

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
Now THAT is a huge stretch to make your point.... And, making all of this stable is what alpha and beta is for ..release is meant for a finished game. Just saying you dont want players spread out looking for stuff is just as horrid excuse
You realize that MO1 was no where near finished? THe game is an ongoing project. If you wanted a full release we'd wait until 2025. They want the core mechanics fixed and fun and balanced so the public can play, and then content releases will happen in increments for bonuses like new magic.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Lucifer

May 31, 2020
Ah yes, let them release all of the broken, hard to balance, beta content from MO1! No need for them to redesign, tweak, balance and perfect anything in the second improved iteration of the game...
See now youre just being a tool putting words in my mouth, they should be using beta and alpha to "tweak, redesign and balance AND perfect" content Stop being a fanboy and making excuses for pure laziness and a bad choice to release a game before it's done.
IF were talking about early access that's one thing. They are talking about release... maybe the game should list early access instead of launch because thats clearly what is being delivered.

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
See now youre just being a tool putting words in my mouth, they should be using beta and alpha to "tweak, redesign and balance AND perfect" content Stop being a fanboy and making excuses for pure laziness and a bad choice to release a game before it's done.
... You know the other person was not kidding, yeah? There are 13 schools of magic. Only 4 were out in MO1. Even if they pumped out everything from MO1, the game would not be finished. You are delusional, talking about things you don't actually know.

Lucifer

May 31, 2020
... You know the other person was not kidding, yeah? There are 13 schools of magic. Only 4 were out in MO1. Even if they pumped out everything from MO1, the game would not be finished. You are delusional, talking about things you don't actually know.

Again with the twisting of words. there are four schools of magic. Just because SV says there is 13 that doesnt make there 13. They could say there is 100 schools and never deliver even half of them. There is only what is put in the game and the fact is that it took nearly the whole lifespan of mo1 to add even half of the spells. Just call it what it is early access of an unfinished game with a bunch of fan boys snapping at anyone who calls it like it is like a bunch of rabid chihuahuas

• Angry

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Again with the twisting of words. there are four schools of magic. Just because SV says there is 13 that doesnt make there 13. They could say there is 100 schools and never deliver even half of them. There is only what is put in the game and the fact is that it took nearly the whole lifespan of mo1 to add even half of the spells. Just call it what it is early access of an unfinished game with a bunch of fan boys snapping at anyone who calls it like it is like a bunch of rabid chihuahuas
No magic schools are in MO2...Maybe there are none this time around...who knows....

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
And, making all of this stable is what alpha and beta is for ..release is meant for a finished game.

MO has never been and will never be a "finished" game! New features are coming one after another, new ideas are coming both from player's side and also from developer's side. One more continent per year is fine to give the player's a reason to start exploring again and to find a new home if they want. A new continent will come together with maybe a new magic school and also with new types of weapons or armors.

This makes the game less static, and I think this is done by many games especially when a game wants to be played for many years like MO1, which celebrates the 10th birthday in three days!

Nenju

May 28, 2020
sausage lake
im fine with just ecumenical spells and im a mage.

then again i did only play until spiritism which i also didnt like.

Steinerr

May 29, 2020
Just ecumenical for a while would be nice. Dont need crazy spells capable of changing weather or summoning big monstrous pets. (yet)

Nenju

May 28, 2020
sausage lake
Just ecumenical for a while would be nice. Dont need crazy spells capable of changing weather or summoning big monstrous pets. (yet)
changing weather? if that can cause the other player to lose fps haha summon thunderstorm of fps

ps. do u have a list of all spells currently in mo1?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
changing weather? if that can cause the other player to lose fps haha summon thunderstorm of fps

ps. do u have a list of all spells currently in mo1?