Mage PvE spell suggestion for lighting

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The main issue for mage PvE is running out of mana which after you kill one large health mob like a risar you have to sit down to recover mana.

Lighting is not very used in PvP but does have a place as a quicker alternative to Tlash. I would suggest that lighting give mana back on hit.
If you hit a mob or even player then lighting should give anywhere from half the mana used to 3/4ths the mana used back to the player Perhaps also decrease the damage slighting to 30-39 from 33-42, but make it a 2 second cast instead of a 2.1 second cast so its easier to use while kiting.

Having a faster to cast and more sustainable spell would really help out farming risars.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
That would be OP lmao. I'd rethink that...
No it wouldn't in PvP you dont use lighting as a damage spell 95% of the time. Its only if you need to get a small chunk of damage off while someone is closing it. The range is poor on it so its use in PvP is very niche. You wont have people spamming lightning at all just if its mana cost was a bit lower. You still keep the initial mana cost which prevents them from casting quickly from a empty mana bar and then punishes them for missing.

While in PvE its a good way to get quick dps out while compared to outburst has more damage per mana bar.

They could also just increase the mana cost of lighting by a small amount while adding 3/4th mana back so its more skill based to use in PvP. You are still using mana just allows more lightning per mana bar if you dont mis.

Reactions: Anabolic Man

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
No it wouldn't in PvP you dont use lighting as a damage spell 95% of the time. Its only if you need to get a small chunk of damage off while someone is closing it. The range is poor on it so its use in PvP is very niche. You wont have people spamming lightning at all just if its mana cost was a bit lower. You still keep the initial mana cost which prevents them from casting quickly from a empty mana bar and then punishes them for missing.

While in PvE its a good way to get quick dps out while compared to outburst has more damage per mana bar.

They could also just increase the mana cost of lighting by a small amount while adding 3/4th mana back so its more skill based to use in PvP. You are still using mana just allows more lightning per mana bar if you dont miss.
If I get 75% of my mana back on hit I am 100% using that shit wildly, especially on a paladin. Its not used 95% of the time because there isn't much of a reason to use it, but you're giving a great one to. Also its range is further than both fulm and thunderlash iirc. And lower skill required.

If you're talking about PvE here...I think the answer is more of a stationary buff that gives you mana back. Something similar to the alvarin clade for stamina when standing still. Or a spell thats a magic circle you drop on the ground and get increased mana regen while standing in it. Idk, I wouldn't be mad if they did what you suggested, but there are a ton of things they could do to make PvE farm more viable.

A mana burn spell would also be interesting. Leech mana from others. You'd have to allow it to work on mobs though. Didn't necro have that? Can't remember...

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If I get 75% of my mana back on hit I am 100% using that shit wildly, especially on a paladin. Its not used 95% of the time because there isn't much of a reason to use it, but you're giving a great one to. Also its range is further than both fulm and thunderlash iirc. And lower skill required.

If you're talking about PvE here...I think the answer is more of a stationary buff that gives you mana back. Something similar to the alvarin clade for stamina when standing still. Or a spell thats a magic circle you drop on the ground and get increased mana regen while standing in it. Idk, I wouldn't be mad if they did what you suggested, but there are a ton of things they could do to make PvE farm more viable.

A mana burn spell would also be interesting. Leech mana from others. You'd have to allow it to work on mobs though. Didn't necro have that? Can't remember...
nah its fine need faster DPS for mobs which this gives.

Lighting is a low level spell so it gets resited more and psy affects it more. You need spike damage in PvP not constant DPS which is just healed through.

billbonty

Nov 17, 2020
The main issue for mage PvE is running out of mana which after you kill one large health mob like a risar you have to sit down to recover mana.

Lighting is not very used in PvP but does have a place as a quicker alternative to Tlash. I would suggest that lighting give mana back on hit.
If you hit a mob or even player then lighting should give anywhere from half the mana used to 3/4ths the mana used back to the player Perhaps also decrease the damage slighting to 30-39 from 33-42, but make it a 2 second cast instead of a 2.1 second cast so its easier to use while kiting.

Having a faster to cast and more sustainable spell would really help out farming risars.

So what I’m hearing is you want lightning to completely change as a spell because it will be in the basic spellbooks on release and your preferred farming method is killing risars. Because that’s too hard for you to do solo efficiently, you want to change the entire spell?
Bad approach, bad suggestion, bad solution.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
So what I’m hearing is you want lightning to completely change as a spell because it will be in the basic spellbooks on release and your preferred farming method is killing risars. Because that’s too hard for you to do solo efficiently, you want to change the entire spell?
Bad approach, bad suggestion, bad solution.

And contradicts Tzone's other post where he brags at how easily he farms bandits and rizars for days, 🤣

(without a pet, mind you)

billbonty

Nov 17, 2020
And contradicts Tzone's other post where he brags at how easily he farms bandits and rizars for days, 🤣

(without a pet, mind you)
Also true. He’s also the same person to tell me nothing is wrong with magic and we’re too OP. Wonder why he’d need more MANA then?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
Also true. He’s also the same person to tell me nothing is wrong with magic and we’re too OP. Wonder why he’d need more MANA then?

Yeah. He contributes almost nothing to any conversation on here, but is easily the loudest and most obnoxious. It's a real achievement. They should give him a title.

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
That would be OP lmao. I'd rethink that...

I agree with that, but mages definitely need something more sustainable. Even with necromancy in game we don't have a way we can consistently clear POI's without spending a minute sitting after killing every mob. Outburst is the only sustainable damage dealing spell as of the moment, and it doesn't do enough damage to clear POI's before mobs start respawning. I think the mana problems extend to every combat situation in the game at this point. 'Mage OP' is just a call from mad footies to nerf a playstyle that is only just now becoming slightly viable. Mage>Footie>Archer>Mage. The game is moving in a balanced direction, albeit slowly. Footies mad. Goodnight.

Reactions: Tzone

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
I'd say best help would be addition of staff magic to give pure mages option for weapons that scale with INT so they can get into proper melees with the mobs.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I'd say best help would be addition of staff magic to give pure mages option for weapons that scale with INT so they can get into proper melees with the mobs.
We asked this to be the 2nd school. Henrik actually put out a poll for it, and staff magic was winning for a long time, then suddenly Necromancy shot up. They were already working on Necromancy when they made the poll, and are working on Elementalism now. Its just MO1 all over again.

We needed staff magic asap to give mages a proper way to farm rather than just spam spells and go OOM or have a pet do the work. But nah, we are repeating literally everything from MO1.

Imagine getting a fresh slate with MO2, and just doing the same ole shit with better graphics.