Looking for budget gaming laptop for MO2

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
If you are spending that much money, you may as well save up and buy a really good one. Why spend $1000 on a "budget" one.

Reactions: Komodor

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Does it have to be a laptop? I was surprised that my old pc was able to run mo2. It runs relatively smoothly. If I put settings to lowest its pretty nice actually and still looks tons better than mortal 1. It has a gtx 970 and an i7-4790k.

Reactions: Komodor and Bicorps

Vrenmar

Nov 21, 2020
Hello, I'm looking for laptop that will handle MO2 on at least medium settings. My budget is +/- 1.000$. Anyone already tested and could recommend one?
I don't expect to play anything else so I'd like to get laptop that will be just enough for MO2 ;)

Why do you want a laptop? Are you going to be traveling alot and require the mobility? If your just gaming at home your far better off spending that 1000 dollars on a mid range desktop pc. Dollar for dollar your money will go further on a desktop build especially if you build it yourself. Whatever you end up getting try to get atleast 16g of ram 8 just isn't enough these days.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Why do you want a laptop? Are you going to be traveling alot and require the mobility? If your just gaming at home your far better off spending that 1000 dollars on a mid range desktop pc. Dollar for dollar your money will go further on a desktop build especially if you build it yourself. Whatever you end up getting try to get atleast 16g of ram 8 just isn't enough these days.
I don't even think you can buy a PC with only 8gb anymore lmao.

Also if you're going for a laptop...its even more reason to spend more, because you can't upgrade it.

kafaya1

Mar 25, 2021
Does it have to be a laptop? I was surprised that my old pc was able to run mo2. It runs relatively smoothly. If I put settings to lowest its pretty nice actually and still looks tons better than mortal 1. It has a gtx 970 and an i7-4790k.

Dang my 10 y ear old Sandy Bridge build has a i7-2700K but running a GTX 1070 I got about 4.5 years ago and the game runs decently smooth on epic settings and 300% distance. Makes me feel bad when you said old PC and ur CPU is better than mine lol

I want to build a new one when this current PC craps out.

Shagga

Mar 13, 2021
Bought me MSI GF65 a few weeks ago (RTX 3060 version) and so far I am happy - runs MO2 smoothly at almost maxed settings. Might work even at max most of the time, but some places, like Tindrem, crap out the fps at max.

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Afaik you can only upgrade ram and ssd. Both are which are usually the very last things you need to upgrade in a desktop. Your CPU/GPU are what get left behind the fastest.

I could be wrong...
Most of the time you are right. Ram is super easy to upgrade though. That's why I posted that msi laptop as it's not a bad deal and upgrading the ram could be done for 50ish bucks easily.

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Dang my 10 y ear old Sandy Bridge build has a i7-2700K but running a GTX 1070 I got about 4.5 years ago and the game runs decently smooth on epic settings and 300% distance. Makes me feel bad when you said old PC and ur CPU is better than mine lol

I want to build a new one when this current PC craps out.
Lol well I built that pc 6 years ago so i consider it to be pretty old. It doesn't matter though, if it runs it runs!

Reactions: kafaya1 and Komodor

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Afaik you can only upgrade ram and ssd. Both are which are usually the very last things you need to upgrade in a desktop. Your CPU/GPU are what get left behind the fastest.

I could be wrong...
Gaming laptops with a Thunderbolt 3 port can hook up an external graphics card which provides desktop-class GPU performance.

I have mine hooked up to a desktop GTX 1660 Super via Razer Core X.

Shagga

Mar 13, 2021
After intense negotiations with my wife we agreed that we can afford MSI as you suggested AND new iphone for her...
Thanks for help;)

(You might able to find some less powerful Iphones for a decent prize and she might not even notice the difference, hinthint).

aleena gulzar

Feb 22, 2022
thats such 2 laptop i use i feel that is best laptop for gaming and programing and also for graphics i suggest you to bought it and use and after usage share you experience.
Dell G5 15 SE (2020)
HP Envy 13 (2021) The best laptop under $1,000.
thanks

Last edited:

michael john

Sep 9, 2022
Asus ROG Strix is the best gaming laptop. I suggest you this laptop.Asus ROG Strix G15 is a Windows 10 Home laptop with a 15.60-inch display that has a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels. It is powered by a Ryzen 5000 Series processor and it comes with 16GB of RAM. The Asus ROG Strix G15 packs 512GB of SSD storage. Graphics are powered by Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth, Ethernet and it comes with 4 USB ports, USB 3.2 Gen 1 (Type A), USB 3.2 Gen 2 (Type C), HDMI Port, Headphone and Mic Combo Jack, RJ45 (LAN) ports.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Necro post.

Since its already updated, for future reference for anyone wanting to game from a laptop and do it cheaply, I strongly suggest an alternative. Buy literally any laptop/notebook/padhybrid with a good monitor of a preferred size and resolution to your liking with good refresh rate (120+), use geforce now. Will save you effectively $1000-1500 as you can play the game just fine on a notebook, decent internet and a geforce now subscription.

Now that's good value, can't get more budget than that.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Necro post.

Since its already updated, for future reference for anyone wanting to game from a laptop and do it cheaply, I strongly suggest an alternative. Buy literally any laptop/notebook/padhybrid with a good monitor of a preferred size and resolution to your liking with good refresh rate (120+), use geforce now. Will save you effectively $1000-1500 as you can play the game just fine on a notebook, decent internet and a geforce now subscription.

Now that's good value, can't get more budget than that.
Not if you want to survive PvP or higher end PvE, in my experience.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Not if you want to survive PvP or higher end PvE, in my experience.
Don't recommend running geforce now in f2p mode, its terrible.

If you're getting input lag there are ways to fix that, you're not supposed to get input lag.