Laptops

Apocryphal

May 28, 2020
My desktop pc died, and my laptop is well on its way towards the same fate.
Ideally I would get another desktop, but that is not really an option for the next couple of years, so im looking at laptops, but its been such a long time since I needed to buy one that I have no clue about what im looking at.

So a bit curious, what brands are you using, and whats your experience with it?

Im trying to find something that could both, just somewhat, run MO, has decent storage and doesnt look as god awfull as the gamer stuff does (what happened there? I litterally have not found a single decent game-capeable laptop for a decent price that doesnt look silly)

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Currently using a Lenovo Legion 5 with the amd 4800h and nvidia 2060. Very strong. Very highly recommend the lenovo legion series, has great cooling solution, nice keyboard that i barely use since i use my desktop keyboard mainly, but very good.

There is a new series coming out shortly with the 5xxx brand amd processors and possibly the 3xxx series nvidia gpus. It'll go for around $1100-1400 most likely.

Gaming mostly tarkov and mortal, when 4g allows it. Life at sea can be a bit rough when it comes to reception.
Mortal fps varies heavily between patches but i run tarkov just as good as my desktop at home.