Jungle Camp Peace Treaty!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The world grows smaller!

I'd like to think we Southies are a bit different than the North. I am proposing something that I think is a good idea, and I plan to adhere to it. Like all things, it will be broken at times, but I plan to stand by the framework of it UNLESS it just becomes a total free for all, then, well, welcome to Mortal.

Jungle Camp is a kind of happy place that (sadly) has a blue priest, in the middle of an immense jungle that has great farming opportunities for clade and mats (and ofc pvp!!.) I propose, in a single sentence, that pvp is still pvp, but it's wack to ambush people at the tables/bank. Situations will arise where this might become necessary, as said, but in general, random person, don't do it. DON'T DO IT. It's wack, it's gonna make it harder for everyone, you're gonna be ressin at a diff priest, etc.

This is more of a personal thing because I'm sure groups of people are gonna swing by and attack. Ok good on em, but people who are here and there in Jungle Camp, please do not attack people crafting or butchering, running back and forth within the camp; you're not gonna get a big gain anyway. It's a bad look, and I am going to do what I can to keep that from happening, if for no other reason than to prove to SV we can handle our own biz and we deserve a Red priest back!! And that game imposed pvp restrictions are WACK.

Sincerely!

-Emdash

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
This is already a tacit agreement for most groups of players scattered around alt servers, some people do try to combat in JC and some even claim domain over it. Something not told in forums but generally true ingame.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Laudable intentions.
My humble suggestion is that you hire a company of mercenaries and get them well paid to protect Jungle Camp.
I know of more than a small group of mercenaries who would take such a contract for sure.
Anyway, it's just a suggestion. My best wishes for your initiative.

Reactions: Footwork

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Laudable intentions.
My humble suggestion is that you hire a company of mercenaries and get them well paid to protect Jungle Camp.
I know of more than a small group of mercenaries who would take such a contract for sure.
Anyway, it's just a suggestion. My best wishes for your initiative.

naw, I don't need prots. I'm saying it's the most sensible thing. And I'm gonna start off behaving that way. It'll be up to people how they want it to be. :):) I was just thinking of it as I saw new people come in and was thinking ohhh then I was like... hmm wait a min.

I'm saying specifically while people are doing crafting/butchering, while they are vulnerable. I'm offering a stance which I think benefits people, but I did imagine that some people might take it as a challenge. That's cool. It's more for the people who are actually living there not for visitors. Jungle camp offers some pretty strong siege defense, if you think about the lay out.

And @Albanjo Dravae , yea I'm just seeing new people since merger, some people who it's like ohh that guild. Ohhh. But like I said, it's not gonna benefit anyone, IMO to do that. It's a long-game sort of solution. Fighting passerbys is not the same as fighting v the same people you see consistently. But yea in the jungle. Jungle is so great to fight. Don't wanna take that away. I just think it's shitty to go in on someone w/ their back turned. It's def possible, but when measured against the gain and the chaos it will create, it will end up causing more loss for everyone in the long run. The people who come and go, let em do what they want.

Reactions: Ibarruri

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
The world grows smaller!

I'd like to think we Southies are a bit different than the North. I am proposing something that I think is a good idea, and I plan to adhere to it. Like all things, it will be broken at times, but I plan to stand by the framework of it UNLESS it just becomes a total free for all, then, well, welcome to Mortal.

Jungle Camp is a kind of happy place that (sadly) has a blue priest, in the middle of an immense jungle that has great farming opportunities for clade and mats (and ofc pvp!!.) I propose, in a single sentence, that pvp is still pvp, but it's wack to ambush people at the tables/bank. Situations will arise where this might become necessary, as said, but in general, random person, don't do it. DON'T DO IT. It's wack, it's gonna make it harder for everyone, you're gonna be ressin at a diff priest, etc.

This is more of a personal thing because I'm sure groups of people are gonna swing by and attack. Ok good on em, but people who are here and there in Jungle Camp, please do not attack people crafting or butchering, running back and forth within the camp; you're not gonna get a big gain anyway. It's a bad look, and I am going to do what I can to keep that from happening, if for no other reason than to prove to SV we can handle our own biz and we deserve a Red priest back!! And that game imposed pvp restrictions are WACK.

Sincerely!

-Emdash
no, i like going to jungle to kill everyone for the resources they bring, i always make it out with 20+ worth of items. No treaty

Reactions: Deleted member 44

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
no, i like going to jungle to kill everyone for the resources they bring, i always make it out with 20+ worth of items. No treaty

Hi. Uh, ok.

For reference, this would be a treaty for people who are using jungle camp to live/craft, etc, as in if you have pvp outside and then come back and see the person there, jumping on their back would be bogus. I don't think it applies to you. But should you be someone who kills people while they are crafting and then tries to craft, obviously the treaty would not apply to you, meaning, you will get no benefits. Oh well.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
Hi. Uh, ok.

For reference, this would be a treaty for people who are using jungle camp to live/craft, etc, as in if you have pvp outside and then come back and see the person there, jumping on their back would be bogus. I don't think it applies to you. But should you be someone who kills people while they are crafting and then tries to craft, obviously the treaty would not apply to you, meaning, you will get no benefits. Oh well.
no treaty ever

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Its funny how pvpers are always complaining that blue towns are too safe, too guarded, too lawful and preach that all of Nave should be lawless…..at the same time, all those living out in lawless towns are constantly trying to bring some sort of order, law and safety to it.

People just don't want to be happy i guess.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Its funny how pvpers are always complaining that blue towns are too safe, too guarded, too lawful and preach that all of Nave should be lawless…..at the same time, all those living out in lawless towns are constantly trying to bring some sort of order, law and safety to it.

nothing wrong with player achieved order aslong as theres not shitty ass npcs, i think you are a little confused here.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021

the main point is just asking people to have a bit of honor and not be ass ;
i died two time at jungle camp or near , once when i was on horse and found myself in the middle of a grey group .... and they butchered me ; i'm perfectly fine with that ...

an another time , i come at camp , go bank , then bam my horse and bam my face with 500kg on me ; it's a valid tactic too , sure , but it did feel a lot bitter

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
the main point is just asking people to have a bit of honor and not be ass ;
One mans honour is one other mans disgrace. one man’s “being an ass” is one other mans “having fun”.
Without an impartial law enforcer, it will always be up to the whims of people.

im not saying lawless towns should have guards by the way. Lawless towns serve their purpose. Its just funny hearing people in lawless town wanting some law and order.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
One mans honour is one other mans disgrace. one man’s “being an ass” is one other mans “having fun”.
Without an impartial law enforcer, it will always be up to the whims of people.

im not saying lawless towns should have guards by the way. Lawless towns serve their purpose. Its just funny hearing people in lawless town wanting some law and order.

even funnier that about 85% of the people abide by it - shrug - and they would if the game had no flags/guards, too, which for some reason people are afraid of (not being protected by systems and having to hash out their own stuff.)

Interacting w/ humans is the point of a sandbox, not systems. I tend to do alright at it. I normally wouldn't post a 'curt' response, but the way you talk, you act like it's not happening. It's happening. The 'law and order' is simple. It's like you scratch my back and I will scratch yours. Don't shit where you eat. All of those sayings people have been using for a long time.

And if you don't play by the rules, you don't get the benefit of the rules, as I said, O WELL.

Peace

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae