January 2023 Ban Report (Game + Reddit)

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
January 2023 Ban Report

Here is the monthly report for January. I am disappointed in the amount of communication bans that are being thrown out. I recommend players looks at our communication policy. Mortal Online 2 is a competitive game and we understand that there can be conflicts between players. However, there is certain language or types of abuse we do not tolerate and will take action for. Video games are for players to enjoy themselves, not to be abused. I will leave the link below.

https://www.mortalonline2.com/in-game-chat-and-voip-communication-policy/

112 total accounts were banned.

77 accounts were banned due to hacking.

25 accounts were banned breaking the communication policy. One of these accounts were immediately permanently banned for endorsing the sexual assault on a staff member. Another account was cheeky and decided to get themselves banned twice in one month for breaking the communication policy twice in one month.

3 accounts were banned for combat logging. One of these was a reoffender.
6 accounts were banned for exploiting.
1 account was banned abusing the GMs.

Reddit Ban Report – Month of January

This month on reddit we had only banned 4 accounts.

2 of the bans were for abusing the staff. The other 2 were for trying to spread Nazi ideas and propaganda across our communities. This is not appropriate even if it is in “jest”. We will take action against players who compare the company to factions who committed genocide.

Ban List:

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Small Edit:
One of the bans was for GM abuse was removed.

So only 111 accounts were banned.

NYOCHTAR

Sep 21, 2022
65 accounts banned for dupes in December, 0 accounts banned in January. This is good news, but I remain heavily skeptical that it's a lie or you just didn't catch the dupes this month.

Reactions: Gnidex and Elijah

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
As you can see. No
Are we sure that this is because there wasn't any duping this month? What changed? Was there something that made it significantly harder to dupe? I'm just unsure how we went from a ton of bans for duping to none over the course of a month. I know some of these guilds certainly haven't given up on cheating after a large number got banned.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
"The other 2 were for trying to spread Nazi ideas and propaganda across our communities."

Damn I hate that...!!

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Are we sure that this is because there wasn't any duping this month? What changed? Was there something that made it significantly harder to dupe? I'm just unsure how we went from a ton of bans for duping to none over the course of a month. I know some of these guilds certainly haven't given up on cheating after a large number got banned.
Every month we make changes, or bug fixes that resolve issues such as these. If you remove a dupe method, then players cant dupe with that method. Its simple.