Is there a plan to nerf magic soon?

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
The game went into very weird direction.
PVP build around pleasing magician became boring and childish.
Flaying magic balls like in Darkfall sucks,make me wanna puke.
I do not want to be a background for mages when playing frontline soldier.
You gonna tell me to adjust?yes I am looking for new game.

Yes I am disappointed and I would like to see if there is more players who lost interest in MO2 after last path.

Last edited:

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
The game went into very weird direction.
PVP build around pleasing magician became boring and childish.
Flaying magic balls like in Darkfall sucks,make me wanna puke.
I do not want to be a background for mages when playing frontline soldier.
You gonna tell me to adjust?yes I am looking for new game.

Yes I am disappointed and I would like to see if there is more players who lost interest in MO2 after last path.
You're telling me all these new spells and AoEs (even if they are cool) aren't fun for everyone else who isn't using them? Weird. Nobody could have saw that coming lol

In my opinion, there was little incentive to want to be a good footfighter because I hate how the melee works in MO2. As we all know its a boring spin/parry fest where even when you land a hit it doesn't feel too rewarding. Now, there is even less incentive to want to be good at it. The magic just seems so much more interesting and fun, that even good fighters are swapping over.

Of course that'll change when they add the new melee abilities or whatever. But yeah, you're just gonna have to wait. Pets and magic are more important in the eyes of SV than their bread and butter that is melee combat. After the Combat Alpha they figured that was good enough and moved on to bigger and better things.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
If you're a solo player you should be incredibly happy if you see someone trying to hit you with fireballs and other ele spells. Thats not what they are good at and they'd be way better off shooting you with thunderlashes. Rather than dodgeable aoe spells that they can't really use if you get close to them. Not to mention there are soooo many counters to them.

Reactions: Elijah and Calcal

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
SV has a long track record of bring out new OP content, making everyone adopt it ( because its OP) and then nerfing it. Currently its Ele and pets. Shockingly the last 2 patches, i know.

They already said they will be nerfing Ele so it doesn't go through walls. They knew full well what they were doing by implementing that mechanic, but they still decided to implement it and see how busted it was. And now they have to nerf it. Retarded decisions.Im sure there will be other nerfs.

Im also sure pets will be the same as more and more people start using them and they realize how retarded that gameplay is: send pet, heal pet=win.

I do agree that this game is becoming more and more like DF with all the magic effects and laser beams. I dont like it either.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
Just a question: For how much does a fireball hit you on average? As a mage (Ecumenical only) + tamer i hit people for about 50-60dmg with my most damaging spells while negating their armor. I don't think that's OP but It is strong. If Ele does way more damage, then it needs a severe nerf. I would actially argue that it should do less dmg than Ecumenical because it's AoE damage. 30-40dmg should be enough for an AoE-Spell with that kind of reach

Reactions: Belegar

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Just a question: For how much does a fireball hit you on average? As a mage (Ecumenical only) + tamer i hit people for about 50-60dmg with my most damaging spells while negating their armor. I don't think that's OP but It is strong. If Ele does way more damage, then it needs a severe nerf. I would actially argue that it should do less dmg than Ecumenical because it's AoE damage. 30-40dmg should be enough for an AoE-Spell with that kind of reach
It all depends on how much Int you have of course. The few times i have been hit by fireball was around 60 damage and then it applies a dot too. However, its very easy to dodge as the fireball travels slow enough. Most Ele spells travel slow and are avoidable if you see them coming. Also they require quite a bit of mana so most Elementalists can fire about 5 or so spells and then they are oom. Thats why they all volley fire together to maximize kills before they have to sit down.

However, in a choke point, or from a vantage point, a group of elementalists can destroy a compact front line of footies and there isnt much the footies can do to push through all that damage and aoe. They are very strong in dungeons and will be crucial in sieges where people are forced to push through gaps or defend siege equipment.

Also keep in mind that we only have about 1/3 of all elementalist spells currently in game. The rest will come in future patches. There could be even stronger spells coming.

Last edited:

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Pure footie one trick ponies have limited possibilities in counterplay? say it aint so.

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
SV has a long track record of bring out new OP content, making everyone adopt it ( because its OP) and then nerfing it. Currently its Ele and pets. Shockingly the last 2 patches, i know.

They already said they will be nerfing Ele so it doesn't go through walls. They knew full well what they were doing by implementing that mechanic, but they still decided to implement it and see how busted it was. And now they have to nerf it. Retarded decisions.Im sure there will be other nerfs.

Im also sure pets will be the same as more and more people start using them and they realize how retarded that gameplay is: send pet, heal pet=win.

I do agree that this game is becoming more and more like DF with all the magic effects and laser beams. I dont like it either.
mo1 was like that, even more so with more magic. If you're looking for a melee game there's mordhau and other games for you out there.

Reactions: ElPerro and Gorr

DarkWizz

Mar 13, 2023
Different builds work in different situations, it is inappropriate to talk about reducing magic damage.
What if a Dexian magician opened a post with a call to reduce the damage with a sledgehammer because he is killed with a single blow?

Reactions: Elijah and Belegar

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Different builds work in different situations, it is inappropriate to talk about reducing magic damage.
What if a Dexian magician opened a post with a call to reduce the damage with a sledgehammer because he is killed with a single blow?
I am not talking about reducing magic damage but reducing amount of magic in general.It would be cool to see great magician once a while but now everybody is super man and the game turned to piece of shit.

• Haha
Reactions: Calcal

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
I am not talking about reducing magic damage but reducing amount of magic in general.It would be cool to see great magician once a while but now everybody is super man and the game turned to piece of shit.
you just want a different game mate, Mo has never been like that. Magic has ALWAYS been a big part of the game.

Reactions: Elijah

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021

Each patch has a new flavour of the month. Prerelease Sheevra dex warriors was meta, the.when cleric glade got a huge buff, everyone rerolled human. Then someone figured out Styganthrope is powerful and everyone rerolled Thursar. Then Tower shields came out and everyone rerolled to Oghmir.

Elementalism is just the flavour of the month. It just happend to come out with major mage change, the skinny/skeletal mage. So it is being leaned into hard.

In the next couple of months it will simmer down.

Elementalism is good, Fireball is REALLY good, but it is useless once the footie is on you. Yesterday I had a guy with 3 wolves shut me down, couldn't cast much with all the interrupts.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Yes, of course they do. Not only that ,they also have more armor and more HP ;)
This is a bit misleading. While it is true, melee damage is easily negated with blocking, using a shield to create equipment hits and or just running away.

If a mage is good at parrying he can survive a long time against a melee.

On the other side, magic damage can only be negated by magic shield, which most melee builds do not have.

So mages can block melee damage in many ways, but melee cant do anything about magic damage. That is what makes magic damage OP especially when its multiple mages that focus fire.

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
This is a bit misleading. While it is true, melee damage is easily negated with blocking, using a shield to create equipment hits and or just running away.

If a mage is good at parrying he can survive a long time against a melee.

On the other side, magic damage can only be negated by magic shield, which most melee builds do not have.

So mages can block melee damage in many ways, but melee cant do anything about magic damage. That is what makes magic damage OP especially when its multiple mages that focus fire.
the thing is pure melee builds will always struggle if their opponents refuse to engage in melee. Without trinkets a well built sheevra skinny-mage cannot be caught by foot. ( excluding trinket effects) A few arrows should do the trick tho since i don't think a lot of dex mages are running around in heavy armor. I think the problem has to do with Mounted Magery. Fatmages just don't have any downside imo.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
the thing is pure melee builds will always struggle if their opponents refuse to engage in melee. Without trinkets a well built sheevra skinny-mage cannot be caught by foot. ( excluding trinket effects) A few arrows should do the trick tho since i don't think a lot of dex mages are running around in heavy armor. I think the problem has to do with Mounted Magery. Fatmages just don't have any downside imo.
Agreed. And you can even make a mounted mage with pets now which is busted AF.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Hard to give up the ability to do good melee damage, in case you actually want to do some PVE or want a chance in most pvp situations.

Reactions: Belegar