Is anything going to be done about people with trash connections?

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Is anything going to be done about the absolutely shameless rats, who most of the time are EU players, playing on absolutely garbage connections with like 50% packet loss? It's borderline cheating and every day I just see more and more people like that. To be honest, even Australian players that cannot have a stable connection shouldn't be allowed into the game. I play with a lot of Australians and even if they are laggy, they have stable connections, it's the people with packet loss that are the main culprit.

I'm not going to mention names, but I don't think that Italy has the worst internet infrastructure on the planet, where next to every Italian player has 50% packet loss?

This needs to be stopped cause it's ridiculous fighting somebody when every 1.5 seconds they are teleporting around.

Too high packet loss needs to get you auto-kicked off the server.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Game needs to kick you if you start droping enough packets. The ping is bad enough but now you have people who are teleporting everywhere on the screen making a very bad experience for every one involved.

Also the inaction against blatant lag switching.

Packet loss doenst have to do with how high or low your ping is but how bad your conection is. And people are using lagswitches from time to time. The micro teleports are very convenient for some people.

I rarely see a Australian teleport around because they are not getting packet loss. Its a really big issue and ruins the game for a lot of people. Its so anoying to play this game.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
You wont, but I will

5da0081553fb4305d7e4e40d2020f677.png

https://gyazo.com/5da0081553fb4305d7e4e40d2020f677

People crying disabling shadows is ban worth. Yet, we have people hitting people through parries xd. Some of these dudes randomly start lagging when they lose the fight every time. Don't worry we've added terror birds to the game tho.

User_name

Mar 23, 2021
It's just too easy. Put game in window mode. Drag around the window a bit and you start teleporting. Alttab works too iirc. I don't know how this can be identified server side but definitely should be a kick.

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
It's just too easy. Put game in window mode. Drag around the window a bit and you start teleporting. Alttab works too iirc. I don't know how this can be identified server side but definitely should be a kick.

You would think this would have been corrected in some way given the amount of criticism New World got for this exact abuse.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
If it doesn't involve making the graphics more realistic and performance draining then probably nothing will be done about it. All that matters is that the game looks good

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
Game needs to kick you if you start droping enough packets. The ping is bad enough but now you have people who are teleporting everywhere on the screen making a very bad experience for every one involved.

Also the inaction against blatant lag switching.

Packet loss doenst have to do with how high or low your ping is but how bad your conection is. And people are using lagswitches from time to time. The micro teleports are very convenient for some people.

I rarely see a Australian teleport around because they are not getting packet loss. Its a really big issue and ruins the game for a lot of people. Its so anoying to play this game.
Packet loss is also caused by packets being too late which can be caused by high ping. However i do think wifi and other wireless connections should be deemed bad enough that it wont allow you to play.

We(ID) just recently had a guy on Wifi and we saw him moving correctly but he saw us micro warping. Where as when he switched to ethernet, he started micro warping for us. We think this is caused by a problem in the prediction system. We reported it to SV so they are probably working on this for the release.

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
This dosent work. It just freezes your client... But not like new world.. client and server still updates as normal.
So once you let go of it nothing happens really you dont take loads of fall dmg or get infinite stam or similar iffy things.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
It is caused by the sudden change of pings, the various spikes create exaggerated spring effect for the player and those around. It's probably not being used for an advantage but it's purely a coincidence because it always happens maybe.
A couple of people out of a thousand, I don't think this problem will be fixed

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Packet loss is also caused by packets being too late which can be caused by high ping. However i do think wifi and other wireless connections should be deemed bad enough that it wont allow you to play.

We(ID) just recently had a guy on Wifi and we saw him moving correctly but he saw us micro warping. Where as when he switched to ethernet, he started micro warping for us. We think this is caused by a problem in the prediction system. We reported it to SV so they are probably working on this for the release.
People with high ping do not teleport in this game. I have plenty off experience fighting aussies. Even people with wifi might stutter slightly every once and a while. Not teleport around on the screen. Some people know its happening either by purpose of naturally bad internet and will zig zag to cause them to teleport around.

Some people are just straight up lag swtiching and its obvious when outside of combat you can follow with out them noticing and they have better ping then you do. But as soon as they notice you they start teleporting.

For the people who just have bad internet to the point they teleport and its not their fault. Sucks but they are ruining the game for other people and allowing lag switchers to get away with it.

Just have a auto kick based on packet loss of a certain amount. Sorry for the people who have poor internet but its needed.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Sorry for the people who have poor internet but its needed.
A lot of people are alright most of the time but begin to loose packets every now and then. Being kicked out of the game every 30-60 minutes in an open PvP game where you can easily spend hours travelling is a no.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
reminds me of THIS:

You think lagswitchers are bad now, just imagine
loool the fact that this video is actually reminiscent of MO pvp and spot on is proof that nobody should be taking it as seriously as they take it. Well, the combat mechanics... it's fun but wonky. PvP is something that unfolds over the long term, of which combat is just one part.

Unfort MO will never be free of da BS, and it sucks losing loot to these scumz... lol furry still in gam. I'd like it if SV started just hard banning people or flagged people w/ dubious histories esp if they haven't reformed, but in the end, I think it's one of those just suck it up things. Almost every game I've played has had people doing some dubious things and it's kinda like WOW if it's that important to you, take the W. Play for competition and to flesh out your mind/coordination.

But dudes did get banned or almost banned for that in MO1. Generally it seemed like they were doing something, stopped, and tried to act like it was an accident. hehhh.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021

Lol ban anyone using wifi. 900IQ

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Henrick said that your connection can be higher but must be stable. That they are working on a machanic that players get kicked to login screen, if too many packets stack up to prevent players from using wireless lan or lagswitching with the massage don´t use wireless lan.

Reactions: Rolufe and Tzone

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
Lol ban anyone using wifi. 900IQ
I did not say ban. You wont need to. You just put it in the minimum requirements that they need a stable connection which you cant get with Wifi. When they start the game it can say your having a bad connection make sure you are using ethernet and not wifi. Gives everyone a chance to refund if they are unable to reach the minimum requirements.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I did not say ban. You wont need to. You just put it in the minimum requirements that they need a stable connection which you cant get with Wifi. When they start the game it can say your having a bad connection make sure you are using ethernet and not wifi. Gives everyone a chance to refund if they are unable to reach the minimum requirements.
Yeah its not like wifi will always make you have packet loss. I play on fixed wireless which sends its signal almost a mile to a tower for internet. I dont have packet loss. I ethernet from my router to the PC though. Thymortical is a truck driver and plays on truck stop wifi a lot. Hes not teleporting around all the time either. Only seen slight hick ups from him once in a blue moon.

Reactions: Rolufe

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
People with high ping do not teleport in this game. I have plenty off experience fighting aussies. Even people with wifi might stutter slightly every once and a while. Not teleport around on the screen. Some people know its happening either by purpose of naturally bad internet and will zig zag to cause them to teleport around.
You are right only way to cause warping and similar effects to packet loss, is artificial. We tested it in the early alpha with VPNs. SV then put a limit of ping so that the game auto kicks players with to high ping. I dont remember the exact number but its somewhere of 400-600 ping. Highest ping recorded i believe was somewhere around 400. With VPNs people could have something like 800+ easily by just putting their VPN to some crazy location.

Some people are just straight up lag swtiching and its obvious when outside of combat you can follow with out them noticing and they have better ping then you do. But as soon as they notice you they start teleporting.

I dont know enough about lag switching and how it works but i assume its more direkt packet loss than a delay?

For the people who just have bad internet to the point they teleport and its not their fault. Sucks but they are ruining the game for other people and allowing lag switchers to get away with it.

Yea in the early alpha we had a guy called Gannicus that was from Brazil and his ISP just had bad equipment to his area that it caused packet loss. Dont know if hes still around or if they put in a limit making him unable to play.

Just have a auto kick based on packet loss of a certain amount. Sorry for the people who have poor internet but its needed.

I agree with this, as the game would suffer otherwise for things SV can not do anything about.

Yeah its not like wifi will always make you have packet loss. I play on fixed wireless which sends its signal almost a mile to a tower for internet. I dont have packet loss. I ethernet from my router to the PC though. Thymortical is a truck driver and plays on truck stop wifi a lot. Hes not teleporting around all the time either. Only seen slight hick ups from him once in a blue moon.
Good to know. So might just be a equipment quality problem.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
do you even realise how many people sit on wireless of some form?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
do you even realise how many people sit on wireless of some form?
I use wireless internet that is almost a mile of wifi between antennas. I dont get packet loss to the point that I teleport. Other people neither. Theres always a threshold you can have with a hard cut off to have leniency for getting 1% packet loss occasionally.

Kicking people for packet loss is very important and needed.