Improvements to the bounty hunting system

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
The bounty hunting system was a good addition to the game and an actual worthy piece of content.

Looking past that, I believe some things need to be changed for this system to not fall off incredibly in a few months.

First off. There should be a range limit for how far your bounty can be. Nobody is going to run 16.3k meters to a bounty target that can be sitting AFK in a locked stronghold or chilling in a zerg of 30 ppl (a majority of the bounties I have done, and others I have talked with ended up with their target being inside a house and having to either camp the door or taunt them to come out). A good max range could be something like 5000 meters. Tindrem/Fab/Hyllspeiea/Kranesh reach eachother, Meduli/Tindrem, Morin Khur/GK etc.

Just let us buy a crow for like 1-5g and have it be unlimited use. People fill up their inventory with crows regardless and basically have unlimited use anyways.

Gold back on successful bounty??? Clearly SV chose to make this a gold sink, but as others i have talked to have mentioned, a system that was created to be "fun" is not where you choose to implement an annoying gold sink. Half the time you end up cancelling a majority of contracts because they are too far away, or the target logs off etc.

I feel like these changes are fairly mild and not too crazy, but would improve the system tremendously. The most important one being the limiting of max range for targets.