Ideas for some puzzles for the dungens + how the lore could give you some hints to solve secret Quests.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020

I know we had a spike room and stuff like that, but i would like to get such mechanics expended. Maybe with mechanics/Puzzels to deactivate the traps. Things that make you ponder. E.g. in pyramids there was a mirror system to light up the place. Maybe add something like that and that those morrors can be turned into an angle to deactivate traps. We need more such mechanics and puzzles to open certain doors. E.g. keys or artefacts that can be found in other dungens. Maybe with a hint what might behind the door.

This excample in the Video might be a bit to easy, but i guess you knwo what i mean.
As a kid I was always a fan of adventure games.For example, you could find various gears scattered around the world to open a secret door to a boss room.

Maybe SV can be inspired by such old games and their puzzles.
The items for such puzzles could drop somewhere as loot. It's more interesting than finding any key.

When players discover such puzzles and end up in front of closed doors, it piques their interest in where to find the items they need. This encourages them to explore the world.

We need a little more horror atmosphere.
Sounds, Monsters that attack you from behind in the dark, so that you get scared a bit more.
Things that surprise you unexpectedly

I really enjoy secret Quests and we had some in MO1, but many did not make much sense. Take the Ohnium Lore book as an excample. There was no hints that helped the players to find the secrtet cave.
It was discovered more by accident than because someone made himself deeper thoughts to solve a mistery.

We need Quests that care connected to the lore. You could find a key in a Dungen that can be used in another place in MO1, and in MO2 the Lore should help you to find it. With drawings on the walls, wall paintings, or by NPCs, that tell something about the lore of an area and the History.

E.g. the RIsar Dungen used to be a bunker facility of the Tindremic soldiers. A player who finds a key would have to consider where these soldiers retired to, when the Risars took over the facility, or where the Risars lived before. E.g. in the village near the Lava Lakes to find the chest for the key. It would be cool if you could find certain relics to summon monsters in certain places and trigger an event.
Inscriptions and drawings on the wall, or wall paintings in caves, could provide clues. Henrick said, that the guards in Tindrem will speak English and simultaneously use Tindremic words. You could translate them out of context and maybe find inscriptions on the walls that were written in the Tindremic language that could be translated with the help of the NPCs. No one wants quests that players are tied to, but the game should be full of secrets.

Maybe add a few dropoffs in the dungens, so that you have to make trick jumps, and if failjump you should fall into a room full of monsters, in which the companions have to follow, with some trap rooms behind it. So that a small guild that know the dungen could jump down, and the bigger group might be afraid to follow, if they not know how to get behind the traps and so on. Dungends need several exits, so that they can´t be camped and much more.

c.jpg
In MO1 different demon stones could be combined to craft a demon pillar. This puzzle could be improved a little.

I really enjoyed the raids in Ultima Online. You had to kill waves of Monsters and every Wave spawned more difficult Monsters and a candle lighted up at the altar, till the big Boss spawned. It would be cool if there would be a way to trigger such a raid.
It's boring when the greater Kimuru just stands around in a cave. This could get a better experiance.

I am hyped since Hernrick confirmed that they will focus on fishing, want to add SOS Bottles and Tressure Maps. I loved the trssure hunting in Uo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neftan

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I know that the devs had to focus on more important stuff in the last game, and i hope they will have enough time to make some brainstorming on how to implement more secret Quests. People should have the feeling that they want to find out more about every place, becuase there might be a mistery behind every old ruin or place.

Here is a link to an older thread how to improve the gameplay, make them more interesting and how to improve the dungens.

i palyed some poe and i loved those trap maps. it is a 2d game, but i think it could inspire the devs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neftan