Idea: Overall magery ballance

shill

Mar 24, 2021
Magery (Armor-Weight) Ballance (just an idea - plox dont kill the massanger)

All the fuzz when it comes to "OP Wheelchair mages" (also in connection to Tower Shields meta) should be adressed.
It is hard to provide perfect ballance but here we go some ideas.
Note: Below ideas fit perfectly into announced yesterday "roleplay walk" while precasting for other schools including ecumenical.

Tower Shields / Other shields

- Min STR requirement - 70 STR (yes. they are huge ; they should be heavy 6-12kg ; they should not be for all especially for mages)
- Soon to come (TM) Kite shields should respectively have requirement 40 to fit Medium Armours reqirement below.
- Bucklers (small shields) - they can have no extra requirement till 2,5kg and 15 str requirement above 2,5kg

Armor (weight) Str Requirement

• Rugged armours (up to 2,75kg) - for mages STR requirement 10
  • Light armours (up to 9kg) - for mages STR requirement 20
  • Medium armours (up to 19kg) - for mages STR requirement 40
  • Heavy armours (above 19kg) - for "mages" STR requirement 70 - I know those are not mages anymore - and thats perfectly fine

Benefits:
  • - sacrificing magery output by necessity to have certain STR requirement if one wants to have better defence
  • - practicaly exclude heavy armoured characters from magery (which in my honest opinion is completele nonsense currently)
  • - reducing magic burst output of wheelchair mages (unless they will decide to play in rugged armor what makes them glass cannons - as it should be expected)
  • - make other builds for mages more viable
  • - other than heavy armours should be more often used
  • - it is not necessary to penalize magical output for heavy armor users as its naturally ballanced by high str requirement

I am curious of Your opinion on above (not sure if developers even read the forum... )

Cheers.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
I can get behind the idea of shields needing a str requirement like weapons as it makes sense and is consistent but I don't think it needs to be applied to armor. There's no need to disincentivise heavy armor usage for mages any further than it already is with Mana regeneration and maintaining hybrid viability is important for a game with "builds". Instead they should incentivise lighter armor/clothing toward magery by implementing clothing that isn't considered armor (so no defense values) but instead gives other passive bonuses for such as %mana regen, cast time, etc. for mages, %skill gain, crafting speed etc. for professions and other benefits for general town use such as reserve regain and prominence (with TC).

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Armor (weight) Str Requirement

• Medium armours (up to 19kg) - for mages STR requirement 40
  • Heavy armours (above 19kg) - for "mages" STR requirement 70 - I know those are not mages anymore - and thats perfectly fine

These characters already meet these strength requirements. A med armor wearing hybrid will have 60+ strength, and a heavy armor wearing "Paladin/Deathknight" will have 90+ strength and both will still use magic, so I guess you got your wish.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
They need to make 0 the min if you go too high ;) If it 10%s at 14 or whatever, it should def go down at 20+.