I should not be getting slowed after being hit

Big Lips

Feb 16, 2022
What is the point of speed if when a danger presents itself, i can't run out of melee range??

This game is só bad.. Honestly.. The amount of flaws at this point.. It is like it was made by a low IQ ape..

The potential is great, but on all of the key details they get it wrong. It is like we all play for the idea of what the game could be, not what it actually is.. But if we're being real.. It will never be that when they get so many fundamentals wrong.

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
What is the point of speed if when a danger presents itself, i can't run out of melee range??

This game is só bad.. Honestly.. The amount of flaws at this point.. It is like it was made by a low IQ ape..

The potential is great, but on all of the key details they get it wrong. It is like we all play for the idea of what the game could be, not what it actually is.. But if we're being real.. It will never be that when they get so many fundamentals wrong.
Skill issue. Plenty of people have figured it out, you are just not one of them. Play something less skill intensive if you can't figure it out.

Reactions: Grudge Bringer

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Skill issue. Plenty of people have figured it out, you are just not one of them. Play something less skill intensive if you can't figure it out.

Lol mate I like MO but calling it a skill-intensive game is silly. If you want an actual 'skill' game play someone like a 1v1 fighter. The chance of getting into a fair fight in this game where you both have equal gear and numbers is like 0.1%

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Lol mate I like MO but calling it a skill-intensive game is silly. If you want an actual 'skill' game play someone like a 1v1 fighter. The chance of getting into a fair fight in this game where you both have equal gear and numbers is like 0.1%

It is skill based, most definitely. A good fighter can be naked and can take on a noob in good gear and still win, sometimes flawlessly. That is pure skill right there.

If it wasn't skilled based, why do the top fighters duel all the time?

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
20 years ago, i played a hunter in wow, and i had a macro that was spamming keys 1-9 ... that was skill.

Just like those "leet" duelist in towns that do the spinning attack macro and claim it isnt a macro.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Just like those "leet" duelist in towns that do the spinning attack macro and claim it isnt a macro.
If you need a macro to spin in a video game then you might need to get checked at the doctor, could be signs of early arthritis or parkinsons

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
If it wasn't skilled based, why do the top fighters duel all the time?
In case they happen to get a fair fight, which they probobly wont, because 90% of fights are 1 side zergs and wins. And they have nothing better to do.

Game can be skill based but usually isnt because theres too many factors. You are the wrong build for the engagement, wrong gear, worse gear, you outnumber them, you are heavily outnumbered, they have pets, you have pets, a fatmage hit you for unblockable 70 through your armor and you died, etc. Theres many cases where you can have an advantage or disadvantage that can make the worse player win.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
If you need a macro to spin in a video game then you might need to get checked at the doctor, could be signs of early arthritis or parkinsons
it's not necessary a need, but you will spin-feint flawlessly with it : that's the trick.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

I do have arthritis, it happens when you did things when you were younger.... like touched grass.

Reactions: stayBlind

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
It is like we all play for the idea of what the game could be, not what it actually is.. But if we're being real.. It will never be that when they get so many fundamentals wrong.
Spot on. Mortal Online has always had so much potential. It's an awesome idea and can be very fun at times. I dont think the game itself is bad, I think Star Vault honestly just holds it back so much.

I used to think they'd figure it out and get the game on track, but after spending years and years listening to Henrik promise things, and seeing him piss away a fresh start with MO2, I dont believe they can ever get it to where we want it.

I've supported SV from the beginning...but at this point I feel insane thinking they will get the game in a good place. I'll always stay in touch with the game because of its potential...but yeh.

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
Although I agree fair fights are few and far between I don't think that makes it any less skill based. A smaller group of experienced players can defeat a larger group of less skilled players, even if the larger group has better gear.

Duel me and get flawlessed, and then watch me get flawlesses by someone better than me. The high skill ceiling is what makes this game fun, imo.

Reactions: Belegar

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Although I agree fair fights are few and far between I don't think that makes it any less skill based. A smaller group of experienced players can defeat a larger group of less skilled players, even if the larger group has better gear.

Duel me and get flawlessed, and then watch me get flawlesses by someone better than me. The high skill ceiling is what makes this game fun, imo.
The game has skill for sure. However, you can't take it too serious with it being a single server and ping being such a factor. This single server vision Henrik has had since the beginning is another dumb ass decision imo. They've even had to do dumb stuff to our combat to try to make it work, giving us the poop melee we have today.

Levvy

Mar 28, 2021

Not necessarily, if you were to create a macro to do a 360 spin then you would have to move the mouse along the x axis a certain amount, and if the other player was manoeuvring, the macro would exit at the wrong place. It's more accurate to do the spins yourself on a high sensitivity setting.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Not necessarily, if you were to create a macro to do a 360 spin then you would have to move the mouse along the x axis a certain amount, and if the other player was manoeuvring, the macro would exit at the wrong place. It's more accurate to do the spins yourself on a high sensitivity setting.

You realize it wasnt the spin they were macroing.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021

I have 400+ hours in this game and not once in my life have I ever seen a 1v1 melee fight break out anywhere except for in town

Reactions: Hodo

Grey

Apr 1, 2022
Very condescending.
Are you sure you as skilled player would be able to win fight as archer against heavy fighter if he get first hit on you?
Imagine if Archer attack would de buff your main attribute
Skills do play roll but you do not measure balance of skills by compare different level of skill. Its stupid.
In fact archery is dis-balanced.
- Damage against heavy armor miserable. I understand short bow against armor low damage but longbow also suck.
- Switch between bow and melee is The Worse in whole gaming world in my experience and that's put archer in huge disadvantage.

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
I have 400+ hours in this game and not once in my life have I ever seen a 1v1 melee fight break out anywhere except for in town
respectfully, your lack of experience has led you to believe that 1v1s don't happen any where besides in town. but that is besides the point, 1v1s was an example of skill disparity and its effect on the outcome of a fight. whether it is 1v1 or 5v8, player skill is the determining factor. Numbers is also obviously a factor, but the fact that a group of skilled players can defeat a larger group of equally geared but less skilled players is testament to skill being a major component.

Last edited:

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
Very condescending.
Are you sure you as skilled player would be able to win fight as archer against heavy fighter if he get first hit on you?
Imagine if Archer attack would de buff your main attribute
Skills do play roll but you do not measure balance of skills by compare different level of skill. Its stupid.
In fact archery is dis-balanced.
- Damage against heavy armor miserable. I understand short bow against armor low damage but longbow also suck.
- Switch between bow and melee is The Worse in whole gaming world in my experience and that's put archer in huge disadvantage.
It was condescending, but if you look at OPs post history you will find that he deserves nothing less. A skilled player would not get caught in melee range with his bow out. Different levels of skill should be considered while balancing. For instance, OP, being a lower skilled player is unable to effectively use his speed advantage to escape slower enemies, where as a higher skilled player (of which there are many) can and do use the speed differences effectively -- thus my assertion that it is a skill issue.