Houses and stronghold group efforts?

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I can understand a small houses are ment for personal progression and use but what i can't understand is the storage limitations. In a game where grouping is almost mandatory i find difficult to believe theres no group support for housing.

Like, for example 1 chest that allows anyone to access. If someone enters your house anyone can use it, it could work as a transfer chest for groups of people.

I also understand that TC is ment to have more banking features and such, but being honest TC ain't in the horizon and player needs are right now.

Then i see people complaining that if theres storages that allow anyone (or guild) access is going to be unfair because of the "advantage of big guilds" I see more benefits for small crews rather than big groups, and it shouldn't be an impediment at all.

Guild chests for keeps only?

Are we really going that path?
Don't you all people consider small groups need a little more love?
Don't you all agree that diversity of groups is healthier than 3 massive nutcups?

Devs need to work a little more on supporting small guilds instead of giving more tools to the zergs which already have enough benefits from the amount of people alone.

Reactions: Falcar

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
to me they should also be able to open with the thief's ability.
Yes agreed, this was discussed many times in mo1 haha, but never really got any attention from devs. And people try to avoid discussing mechanics that will probably hurt them. :p

Slyy

May 28, 2020
Scotland
www.mortalonlinemap.info
Agreed. Strongholds need guild chests, they could also do with guild access to the door. Even if its just a "switch" kind of thing in the info panel so people can keep them personal if they want to. Strongholds could perfectly fill the gap for all the hundreds of guilds who will never have one of the 16 keeps in the game, Henriks streams also seemed to present them as guild / large group buildings too. Really wasted potential right now.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I seen in discord that Seb mentioned the idea of locks with changeable codes/combinations.

I would welcome this idea for sure.

This would allow you to share combinations with friends.

Allow for combinations to be comprimised.

And even allow for someone with a lot of time to even try to figure out the code manually.

Sounds like all wins to me.

Maybe even could have different quality of locks that allow for longer combinations.

Reactions: Icegoten

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Agreed. Strongholds need guild chests, they could also do with guild access to the door. Even if its just a "switch" kind of thing in the info panel so people can keep them personal if they want to. Strongholds could perfectly fill the gap for all the hundreds of guilds who will never have one of the 16 keeps in the game, Henriks streams also seemed to present them as guild / large group buildings too. Really wasted potential right now.
Asked about this several times to henrik in a stream but he didn't speak about this at all, maybe i missed it. I like the switch thing, definitely a good mechanic for houses, which should have more settings.

Reactions: Slyy

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I seen in discord that Seb mentioned locks with changeable codes/combinations.

I would welcome this idea for sure.

This would allow you to share combinations with friends.

Allow for combinations to be comprimised.

And even allow for someone with a lot of time to even try to figure out the code manually.

Sounds like all wins to me.

Maybe even could have different quality of locks that allow for longer combinations.

The good ol' rust codelock would be absolutly amazing, either for doors and chests :) simplify everything

Reactions: Slyy and Amadman

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
The good ol' rust codelock would be absolutly amazing, either for doors and chests :) simplify everything

Right, maybe they could just have upgrades for locks.

You could start with no lock at all. Then could choose to add a key lock or different levels of code locks to doors or chests.

Then players would have the tools to choose for themselves how they want to secure a specific door or chest.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Right, maybe they could just have upgrades for locks.

You could start with no lock at all. Then could choose to add a key lock or different levels of code locks to doors or chests.

Then players would have the tools to choose for themselves how they want to secure a specific door or chest.

Exacly, this are very basic and straightforward features that should already be ingame. Houses feel clunky to say the last.

Reactions: Amadman

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
Tinkering was a profession in MO1 where you could craft furniture and workbenches. It would be a neat addition if they added locks to that where you could have someone make you varying locks depending on the materials used. Lowest material gives the lock 500 uses before it breaks and highest gives something high like 50,000 before breaking. It won't be much up front but it'll at least give tinkerers moments in times where their profession is sought after. Would be pretty cool to play a maintenance man kind of role where you go around and make sure everyone has their furniture and locks crafted.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Because zergs will spam houses at every PoI. I'd prefer it if you could only have one shared chest per guild.

The way it is will strengthen the larger guilds because it will force more people into having to join them just to be able to do basic things in the game.

Leaving it this way pretty much pushes away a percent of the already small potential player base.

There are many players I come across that come in with a few friends wanting to do things together.

It will be a bit of a kick in the balls to these types of players when they build a house together and find that

it is no use to them as a group.

At that point they will have to decide if they want to join a large guild where they can work togther.

Or just find a different game where they can work together.

Besides, it is a sandbox.

Why would large groups not be able to do such things if they had the resources and manpower to do it?

Finding something unfavorable is not really a reason to make something not possible for others to do.

If that was the case here then we would have a completely different game.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Because zergs will spam houses at every PoI. I'd prefer it if you could only have one shared chest per guild.
Yeah but by having open chests (not guild) You making house invasion a thing. I liked the whole key-to access from MO1 that was quite inforgiving cuz open chests, people took seriously the access. Now theres no reason to raid a house, get a key and such. This personal closed mechanics for storaging and housing feels completly flavorless. Then again i see more benefit in having open chests for small groups rather than a zergling issue. If you are concerned about the advantages of the number of people from guilds that can have a house you could suggest a limit of houses per guild, but i don't think thats the way to go.

Reactions: Amadman

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
The way it is will strengthen the larger guilds because it will force more people into having to join them just to be able to do basic things in the game.

Leaving it this way pretty much pushes away a percent of the already small potential player base.

There are many players I come across that come in with a few friends wanting to do things together.

It will be a bit of a kick in the balls to these types of players when they build a house together and find that

it is no use to them as a group.

At that point they will have to decide if they want to join a large guild where they can work togther.

Or just find a different game where they can work together.

Besides, it is a sandbox.

Why would large groups not be able to do such things if they had the resources and manpower to do it?

Finding something unfavorable is not really a reason to make something not possible for others to do.

If that was the case here then we would have a completely different game.
Completly on point here.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
How? Large or small you can only have 1 guild chest.

For the same reason we aren't getting walls for example. To prevent zergs from controlling every inch of the land.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
How? Large or small you can only have 1 guild chest.

16 shared chests for everyone.

For the same reason we aren't getting walls for example. To prevent zergs from controlling every inch of the land.

Not the same at all.

Walls could be used to block large amounts of content and could be placed pretty freely as long as the guild had the resources.

Houses can not be placed next to each other and placement is further limited by needing level ground.

Also houses have the additional limitation of 1 per account.