Hammers

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
I mean you also should look into material rarity in the real world. I mean copper isnt uncommon but it isnt exactly common in some regions where iron is more common. But good quality iron ore may not be as common. The italian region wasn't known for high quality iron or, so sometimes the use of bronze well past the point of working iron was more of a cost thing. Also making sheets of steel wasnt a thing until around the middle ages, 900-1200 time frame (roughly).

Again a lot of factors went into real life advancement more so than in Mortal Online. I mean we are a few minutes from every resource needed to make anything we can imagine in game.
Yeah, I mean, definitely. I was just stating for the fun of making comparisons. The comparisons are not really relevant when deciding on what is good for gameplay, and frankly Nave isn't earth. It already features a bunch of fantasy elements/magic etc., so you can really argue anything that you want in terms of 'realism'.

Which is why I was also saying that, from a gameplay standpoint, Bron getting a buff to sit neatly between jadeite & steel for cutting weapons(or even just comparable to jadeite & slightly heavier/durable) would be a positive change... Since atm jadeite is considerably easier to get and is better for most applications. The reason you only see shit for 1-5g or 50-100g on broker is because all the mid tier stuff is garbage. There is only low tier and high tier in the game.

But regardless, just a minor gripe. It's something that I've seen brought up before, and I do think it's a fair argument.

Last edited:

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
One thing I'd like to see and... fuck rite off w/ the 1h suggestions... is a crafting system where you can make weps (not flake or w/e) for any class. Hammer and Axes are too heavy. They don't have a good lite option. War hammer is COOL even tho I like the old skin better, but they removed slash dmg and all it's like ehh... none of the hammer weps really seem like fighting weps like old flanged or war hammer was. Disappoint.

I found the same problem w/ axes. They need weps that are viable and 2h 2kg~ for every wep style imo.

According to henrik all the weapons are balanced because they see an even spread of people using them...Lol

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Axes are high risk high reward. Hammers are higher risk less reward because even hitting plate armor it doesn't deal the dmg it should if you relate it to any other dmg type to its respective defence. The move set is the same as 2h axes and all the 1h's have the same move set (except spears). The 1/2 the biggest problems is their weight, making them to slow even off parries. A maul is almost useless if made with metal, other heads can be used with metals but will still be slow. So sense they are heavy we resort to using animal materials which are good for their weight/dmg ratio. 2/2 is the dmg not adding up correctly. It's like they treat is as a secondary dmg source even if it's that weapons primary dmg source. If it's high risk then it should have high rewards, just like axes. If they had the same weight to speed classes as axes (3 weight hammer swings as fast as a 3 weight axe) they would be nearly as bad I think but I really don't know. Would like to use them but I already suck so

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
According to henrik all the weapons are balanced because they see an even spread of people using them...Lol
That's very interesting. I wonder if they have any stats to back that up, because if we're just going by anecdotal evidence I definitely see waaaaaay more 2h swords than anything else on footies/MAs.

Reactions: Exiledkhallisi

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
That's very interesting. I wonder if they have any stats to back that up, because if we're just going by anecdotal evidence I definitely see waaaaaay more 2h swords than anything else on footies/MAs.
This is what people said to him.. it is objectively obvious that swords are the best weapon in the game period. It doesnt matter if you or me or anyone has a persobal fundamental bias towards a particular weapon..the fact is.. swords are fast, block animation is quick, less handle hits, good damage spread.

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
This is what people said to him.. it is objectively obvious that swords are the best weapon in the game period. It doesnt matter if you or me or anyone has a persobal fundamental bias towards a particular weapon..the fact is.. swords are fast, block animation is quick, less handle hits, good damage spread.
Yeah, I mean khurite 2h sword is the obvious meta... It should be apparent to any casual observer, just based on browsing markets & seeing what people have on their back.

Reactions: Exiledkhallisi