Guild Size Cap is too small

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Please make the guild size at least 100 if not more, given that it costs 200g to create one. Once Keeps and Territory come into the game, it's not going to be a clean system to have guilds needing to have several sub-guilds just to tag up all their members.

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
Why even have a guild cap? What point does it serve? If you have a community of 500 theyre going to play together regardless this is a hardcore sandbox I should be able to play how I want with who I want

Dont put carebear restrictions on guild limits because you only want to play with your 5 buddies, large guilds who like large scale battles should have the option to have hundreds in their guild. Remove restrictions completely, its dumb.

Crowsii

Mar 23, 2021
The aspect I was most excited about was the chance for player-made towns. I would love to see a world where there are huge armies for guilds protecting their villages, giant wars between guilds. This is the perfect game to do so. I think adding the guild cap would be a huge upset with no real downfall.

Reactions: SGTSolj and Putzin

Asthma Queen

Mar 26, 2021
yeah considering the style of game, very least should be an option to expand guild size rather than having to split up even medium size guilds between multiple guilds not including any members who are less active.

Even smaller single guilds will be more hardcore commitment wise due to this kinda restriction and require members to stay on longer which will increase turn over rate as people find themselves removed from guilds

Reactions: Putzin

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
So the only reason i could think such large guild arent implemented yet would be performance issues... but is it that much better to have 5 guild with 100 ea or just 1 with 500?

otherwise no idea why last time the cap was just increased from 30 to 50 and not just removed alltogether

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I'm fine with increasing the guild cap. However, I think other systems need to be added at the same time. If you have 500 players in your guild, your upkeep should be drastically higher than a guild with 50 players. Its a more mouths to feed kind of thing and makes it so that everyone still has to contribute and people don't just ride zergs for freebies.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
I'm fine with increasing the guild cap. However, I think other systems need to be added at the same time. If you have 500 players in your guild, your upkeep should be drastically higher than a guild with 50 players. Its a more mouths to feed kind of thing and makes it so that everyone still has to contribute and people don't just ride zergs for freebies.
The tax on a 500 player guild is regearing the massive amount of newbies that die to wolves or fall off cliffs or drown or get eaten by bears or get mowed down by razorbacks or somehow lose a slapfight with a zombie or get ganked or...

• Haha
Reactions: Suttner and Putzin

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
henrik said the guild size in MO1 had technical reasons, its on the list to increase depending on how far they can go.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Henrik
03/14/2021

We are doing our best in having a very very high limitation on a guild so it doesnt feel hindering the players, an alliance system will also help this further

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
The tax on a 500 player guild is regearing the massive amount of newbies that die to wolves or fall off cliffs or drown or get eaten by bears or get mowed down by razorbacks or somehow lose a slapfight with a zombie or get ganked or...
That tax is forgotten about in a week as soon as you've gotten your byproducts from farming higher tier mats.

I'm not saying larger guilds should have a harsh punishment or anything. I realize there are large gaming communites and thats perfectly fine. I just don't like the idea of being able to have infinite members without any kind of negatives to it.

Just my opinion ofc...

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Even something like a smaller, additional cost to expand guild roster of an established guild would be acceptable. It should still be bigger, it's crazy to me than an MMO would think a guild is 50 or less people.

Reactions: Putzin and Suttner

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
That tax is forgotten about in a week as soon as you've gotten your byproducts from farming higher tier mats.

I'm not saying larger guilds should have a harsh punishment or anything. I realize there are large gaming communites and thats perfectly fine. I just don't like the idea of being able to have infinite members without any kind of negatives to it.

Just my opinion ofc...

Sure, i get that

but lets talk about that once we get past the 100-200 member limit.

Anything below 100 can hardly be called a guild anyways (historically speaking ofc)

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
soon we gonna need 3/4 guilds tbh, altough Henrik said they will increase the cap, I hope they are not going to just leave at 100 and increase to atleast 200 or something

VeelaVidiVici

Jan 2, 2021
Please make the guild size at least 100 if not more, given that it costs 200g to create one. Once Keeps and Territory come into the game, it's not going to be a clean system to have guilds needing to have several sub-guilds just to tag up all their members.
I agree the guild size is too small however I think a stratified guild system might help. Meaning that small guilds of 25 or less players pay X gold to establish, guilds of say 26-100 members pay X + and finally guilds of more than 100 members pay X++. Mid-range and larger guilds would have additional perks like perhaps custom tag icons and the ability to have vassal guilds that are taxed; or perhaps expanded guild bank space or a larger list of guild titles to draw from for it's members. Just throwing it out there. You're pretty spot on Evelyn.

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
I agree the guild size is too small however I think a stratified guild system might help. Meaning that small guilds of 25 or less players pay X gold to establish, guilds of say 26-100 members pay X + and finally guilds of more than 100 members pay X++. Mid-range and larger guilds would have additional perks like perhaps custom tag icons and the ability to have vassal guilds that are taxed; or perhaps expanded guild bank space or a larger list of guild titles to draw from for it's members. Just throwing it out there. You're pretty spot on Evelyn.
lots of good ideas
lets see if we get any of that ever :D

I'd be just happy with a higher cap for the moment ^^