Good armor for Horses make them OP. An expencive Armor should make your horse tanky but there need to be weakspots.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I think a player should be able to make twice ot tripple the damage if you hit the head Hitbox. I don´t like the decission that the Head of the horse is covered in Armor and if it is the Damage done to the head Hitbox have to be increased.

Reactions: Hogordin and Slyy

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Heavy armours on horses should have similar effects as on players: reduce top speed and stam regen. That way you sacrifice mobility for tankiness, or vice versa.

Making the head of the horse more vulnerable is not really needed.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The head is like half of the neck as well. Huge target for WS. Haven experinced anything heavier then molarum/ironbone horse armor but I would say a good way to balance out those armors is momtentum. Make their changes in direction/acceloraction slower so people can more easily predict them for headshots. Also slow down turn radius.

Of course I have not tested to see what the penalties are already.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Add the fact that both arrows and melee should have velocity damage against both the mount and rider and it might hit better territory on top of the speed/mobility and stamina penalty that should be eventually coming with character weight(Worn+Carry+Character)+Carried+Worn of the horse. Pretty much like in MO1 I assume.

D

Deleted member 44

Horse armor is beans. My tungsteel/iron fur horse armor getting hit by a worn shortsword for 7 damage. GTFO

Reactions: Anabolic Man

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Heavy armours on horses should have similar effects as on players: reduce top speed and stam regen. That way you sacrifice mobility for tankiness, or vice versa.

Making the head of the horse more vulnerable is not really needed.
Horse armor already has these effects. People will likely always choose armor though because of arrows, a horse with no armor still won't be able to outrun arrows.