GMs interfering with gameplay in town PVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYOCHTAR

Sep 21, 2022
I'm curious were does the game directly advertise it self as just a PVP game? Also if it Henrik's vision to promote the type of PVP your doing why are his employees being told (by him most likely) to stop what you call PVP? I mean there actual places you can go to get PVP without needing to kill 100s of guards to do it, sewers, spider caves, bandit camps, dungeons, Risar camps, any were in the world not near a town, the entire jungle region, the entire top right side of the map.
"Cities are meant to be safe, but not completely safe." -Robmo, who is the voice of SV.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Listening to Henrik talking about direction of making capitol cities and few other areas safer made me worried for a moment but then I remember how it is in the EVE Online.

You can kill someone in hi-sec zones but you have to prepare and choose you target carefully to benefit from this activities.
And you have 0.0 sectors where there are no rules.
If we can have most of the map without any regulations having a few cities well guarded will only benefit pvp it will help new players to build up some basic resources get to know other players or roleplay.What is wrong with having players who gonna avoid pvp in general staying most of their time in the capitol cities? EVE Online has those players and it has been on the market for two decades.

If making gold by fishing in towns is impacting health of economy ask to nerf this but do not think you are doing pvp by killing them.If you are enjoying fighting guards that is pve.

When I am in the MK bank I would like to be able to trade with my friends without being paranoid about loosing my horse all the time and
when I am far from the cities I do not want any blue blocking or another artificial regulations preventing me from killing who ever I need.

Let me have places where I can have a few seconds to open my beer or have hit from a bong without logging out,lol!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Contorto and Elijah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
MO1 had great bot( or human bot, REAL WORLD BOTZ) police, respect that w/ fewer guards. haha. They can do a better job than you ever could! If someone is somewhere worth being, someone will wait it out. That's fair play, I think, and we can't ever lose that. You can't get too into one way; I think that's why MO is so interesting, you have to keep adopting new ways to do things. If you can keep doing the same thing forever, it gets boring. If someone can come up on you and pull off a gank during your routine, your job is to try to not make it so anyone wants to do that or be ready, and if someone is doing it just for kicks, then find some other people to help you. That's WAI, safety = less player interaction IMO. Proof: walls?! I go up and talk to people, who cares, but most of the time catching someone in the wild is kinda like a uh what now situation. Are we supposed to like... uh huhuhuhhh... fight or something?

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
Before you accuse me of exploiting, no, I don't exploit. Killing guards, pending on your guild composition and knowledge of AI guard mechanics, is fairly simple, and supposedly a core part of MO2 gameplay. For the amount of guards that we've killed, my entire guild would of already been banned for "exploiting."

After launch, town PVP was kind of dull until we discovered that killing in MK was possible both at the bridge connecting to west Bank and the trinket vendor. We kept up the killing for a few days until GMs spawned elite and lictor guards from the sky on top of our heads. We reached out to robmo and were assured that GMs do not have the ability to spawn AI, which was immediately proven false with video proof. SVs message then changed to GMs will strategically spawn AI in areas where PVP is not intended (how is this a sandbox game??). Fine, whatever.

Almost a year later, we discover an opportunity to kill right in toxai to disrupt the fisherman population. We killed in there for just a few nights and heard some buzz in MO2 general discord and help chat, but it wasn't until we killed a certain streamer who exclusively fishes in toxai for the GMs to get involved. As we continued to kill guards and players, all of a sudden, completely out of distance from any new spawning guards, 4 khurite arrow guards and 2 khurite elite arrow guards spawn out of nowhere, completely out of range. Obviously, we make an attempt to kill them but it's basically impossible as they hit you for 60 every 2 seconds or so. In all of the PVP we did in toxai we did not discover these arrow guards until we killed a known streamer. I am not accusing GMs of favoritism, just stating the facts.

It just sucks man. It is so much of a risk to kill in town and requires that you have the balls to sacrifice standing, your gear, and thorough planning/scouting of the area. All that work only for GMs to randomly spawn guards on you when enough people complain about dying, which are still there 2 nights later, the same khurite standard and elite guards standing at the bridge.

I get that there are some places where PVP is just not meant to happen, but these decisions need to be vetted by SV with Henrik's awareness. A GM should not have the ability to interfere with gameplay and make a permanent change to AI as the game is live. If guards need to be placed, it should be done with the patch so it has SV oversight. GMs have way to much power to control the flow of gameplay.

Any accusations of exploiting will give me a dopamine hit, btw.
Another example of SV spontaneously changing the rules when it's convenient. This has happened in three high profile instances I've seen since I started playing the game back in the alpha. Definitely infuriating.

Reactions: Gnidex

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
"Cities are meant to be safe, but not completely safe." -Robmo, who is the voice of SV.
Robmo (no offense to him) is last I checked an unpaid CM that barely even affiliate with SV, sure he has more direct access with SV and actively talks to them more than a normal player like me or you, but Robmo not actually an employee and he absolutely isn't a GM or the CEO of the company. The best way to approach anything Robmo says is with a grain of salt because it been proven multiple times that the statements he's made are false or inaccurate.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
MO1 had great bot( or human bot, REAL WORLD BOTZ) police, respect that w/ fewer guards. haha. They can do a better job than you ever could! If someone is somewhere worth being, someone will wait it out. That's fair play, I think, and we can't ever lose that. You can't get too into one way; I think that's why MO is so interesting, you have to keep adopting new ways to do things. If you can keep doing the same thing forever, it gets boring. If someone can come up on you and pull off a gank during your routine, your job is to try to not make it so anyone wants to do that or be ready, and if someone is doing it just for kicks, then find some other people to help you. That's WAI, safety = less player interaction IMO. Proof: walls?! I go up and talk to people, who cares, but most of the time catching someone in the wild is kinda like a uh what now situation. Are we supposed to like... uh huhuhuhhh... fight or something?
Very well said. Read this SV.

Status
Not open for further replies.