GMs interfering with gameplay in town PVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYOCHTAR

Sep 21, 2022
Before you accuse me of exploiting, no, I don't exploit. Killing guards, pending on your guild composition and knowledge of AI guard mechanics, is fairly simple, and supposedly a core part of MO2 gameplay. For the amount of guards that we've killed, my entire guild would of already been banned for "exploiting."

After launch, town PVP was kind of dull until we discovered that killing in MK was possible both at the bridge connecting to west Bank and the trinket vendor. We kept up the killing for a few days until GMs spawned elite and lictor guards from the sky on top of our heads. We reached out to robmo and were assured that GMs do not have the ability to spawn AI, which was immediately proven false with video proof. SVs message then changed to GMs will strategically spawn AI in areas where PVP is not intended (how is this a sandbox game??). Fine, whatever.

Almost a year later, we discover an opportunity to kill right in toxai to disrupt the fisherman population. We killed in there for just a few nights and heard some buzz in MO2 general discord and help chat, but it wasn't until we killed a certain streamer who exclusively fishes in toxai for the GMs to get involved. As we continued to kill guards and players, all of a sudden, completely out of distance from any new spawning guards, 4 khurite arrow guards and 2 khurite elite arrow guards spawn out of nowhere, completely out of range. Obviously, we make an attempt to kill them but it's basically impossible as they hit you for 60 every 2 seconds or so. In all of the PVP we did in toxai we did not discover these arrow guards until we killed a known streamer. I am not accusing GMs of favoritism, just stating the facts.

It just sucks man. It is so much of a risk to kill in town and requires that you have the balls to sacrifice standing, your gear, and thorough planning/scouting of the area. All that work only for GMs to randomly spawn guards on you when enough people complain about dying, which are still there 2 nights later, the same khurite standard and elite guards standing at the bridge.

I get that there are some places where PVP is just not meant to happen, but these decisions need to be vetted by SV with Henrik's awareness. A GM should not have the ability to interfere with gameplay and make a permanent change to AI as the game is live. If guards need to be placed, it should be done with the patch so it has SV oversight. GMs have way to much power to control the flow of gameplay.

Any accusations of exploiting will give me a dopamine hit, btw.

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
Before you accuse me of exploiting, no, I don't exploit. Killing guards, pending on your guild composition and knowledge of AI guard mechanics, is fairly simple, and supposedly a core part of MO2 gameplay. For the amount of guards that we've killed, my entire guild would of already been banned for "exploiting."

After launch, town PVP was kind of dull until we discovered that killing in MK was possible both at the bridge connecting to west Bank and the trinket vendor. We kept up the killing for a few days until GMs spawned elite and lictor guards from the sky on top of our heads. We reached out to robmo and were assured that GMs do not have the ability to spawn AI, which was immediately proven false with video proof. SVs message then changed to GMs will strategically spawn AI in areas where PVP is not intended (how is this a sandbox game??). Fine, whatever.

Almost a year later, we discover an opportunity to kill right in toxai to disrupt the fisherman population. We killed in there for just a few nights and heard some buzz in MO2 general discord and help chat, but it wasn't until we killed a certain streamer who exclusively fishes in toxai for the GMs to get involved. As we continued to kill guards and players, all of a sudden, completely out of distance from any new spawning guards, 4 khurite arrow guards and 2 khurite elite arrow guards spawn out of nowhere, completely out of range. Obviously, we make an attempt to kill them but it's basically impossible as they hit you for 60 every 2 seconds or so. In all of the PVP we did in toxai we did not discover these arrow guards until we killed a known streamer. I am not accusing GMs of favoritism, just stating the facts.

It just sucks man. It is so much of a risk to kill in town and requires that you have the balls to sacrifice standing, your gear, and thorough planning/scouting of the area. All that work only for GMs to randomly spawn guards on you when enough people complain about dying, which are still there 2 nights later, the same khurite standard and elite guards standing at the bridge.

I get that there are some places where PVP is just not meant to happen, but these decisions need to be vetted by SV with Henrik's awareness. A GM should not have the ability to interfere with gameplay and make a permanent change to AI as the game is live. If guards need to be placed, it should be done with the patch so it has SV oversight. GMs have way to much power to control the flow of gameplay.

Any accusations of exploiting will give me a dopamine hit, btw.
You probably don't understand the purpose of this game.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I recently asked a GM ingame, if it is considered an exploit to snipe from unguarded areas in Tindrem. The answer was that I was free to initiate pvp anywhere. I didnt test it yet so I dont know if guards will drop out of the sky in Tindrem too. This, the op, is very disturbing news.

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
It's a full loot pvp game without savezones because you're supposed to be completely save within towns.
Absolutely correct. That's just the genocide of crafters and all sorts of fishermen is not any PVP at all, it's the most ordinary griefer, and griefers deserve that they as rats, lice and insects are insecticided. PVP is when killing a player brings benefits or a goal, for example, to rob a fat tycoon.

Burni

Dec 24, 2021
It's a full loot pvp game without savezones because you're supposed to be completely save within towns.
Sorry but that makes no sense... you are saying it is game without safezones but that towns are ment to be complealy safe? doesnt that meant that game then has safezones?

Also pretty sure henrik has said himself that you are not ment to be fully safe anywhere... even in towns... and dont get me wrong i strongly dislike people like OP... but its definitely part of the game that you can be killed anywhere at any time if people really want you dead and make appropriate effort... the details what comes after are what i would say should be looked more carefully and controlled properly... like if you are somehow able to steal the killed persons stuff without becoming criminal, etc...

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Sorry but that makes no sense... you are saying it is game without safezones but that towns are ment to be complealy safe? doesnt that meant that game then has safezones?

Also pretty sure henrik has said himself that you are not ment to be fully safe anywhere... even in towns... and dont get me wrong i strongly dislike people like OP... but its definitely part of the game that you can be killed anywhere at any time if people really want you dead and make appropriate effort... the details what comes after are what i would say should be looked more carefully and controlled properly... like if you are somehow able to steal the killed persons stuff without becoming criminal, etc...
Should have marked it as sarcasm...

Reactions: Burni

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
the problem was always equivalent exchange , probably less true in mo2 , but in mo1 you could kill a hundres gold horse with a 1 gold weapon , and be punished for 2 minutes ^^" , at least in mo2 you have to farm rep i guess

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Hey kids. It's Sunday morning! - big bird voice. -

Uh, yeah, but that's essential game play loop stuff. You can avoid it, but it all can't be avoided. The idea that it can or should be avoided is a flaw in the game design that is new to MO. Sure, shit was wild in mo1, but... it was popping. All of this strife actually brings people together: you got people making more strife, people huddling together, people trying to lead, people trying to manipulate. It's quite complex.

If you exclusively stay in town you better learn how to talk shit and take some Ls. haha. I am always like... 'lol' in a sort of Western movie "ya got me" when someone would blow up my horses or w/e. Like I prol told before, I had a horse in duli and it was 100+. Don't care that much about it, but dudes came in w/ the 4 man attack and 3 ALMOST killed my horse, and I was like lol nice try and this other dude comes in and charges a spell and finishes it. It's like yikes! WP I guess? They can't sustain that energy.

This game will reveal your true nature. Doesn't mean what you're doing isn't wrong or 'an exploit' though. I would have to actually see what was going on to give my PoV and the proper job of a moderation team in a game is to be the judge and jury about stuff like that. That's what I've been asking for... but with loosened guards. You shouldn't have to have some bnb way to kill guards to get town kills. That's just some people's play style. The thing is, you gotta will thru it.

The actual game play cycle of MO, disregarding fun, is to intake more than you lose lol. If you take mental Ls over some town BS, they are throwing a curve ball at you, and that's it. But no reason to stick around if people are killing you all the time. It's a big map. GET OUT OF TOXAI Mr. Streamer.

Should prol not be able to fish in town. THIS AIN'T BDO. lol posts a screenshot of BDO fishers in any city back when people played. Dudes who know, know.

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
Hey kids. It's Sunday morning! - big bird voice. -

Uh, yeah, but that's essential game play loop stuff. You can avoid it, but it all can't be avoided. The idea that it can or should be avoided is a flaw in the game design that is new to MO. Sure, shit was wild in mo1, but... it was popping. All of this strife actually brings people together: you got people making more strife, people huddling together, people trying to lead, people trying to manipulate. It's quite complex.

If you exclusively stay in town you better learn how to talk shit and take some Ls. haha. I am always like... 'lol' in a sort of Western movie "ya got me" when someone would blow up my horses or w/e. Like I prol told before, I had a horse in duli and it was 100+. Don't care that much about it, but dudes came in w/ the 4 man attack and 3 ALMOST killed my horse, and I was like lol nice try and this other dude comes in and charges a spell and finishes it. It's like yikes! WP I guess? They can't sustain that energy.

This game will reveal your true nature. Doesn't mean what you're doing isn't wrong or 'an exploit' though. I would have to actually see what was going on to give my PoV and the proper job of a moderation team in a game is to be the judge and jury about stuff like that. That's what I've been asking for... but with loosened guards. You shouldn't have to have some bnb way to kill guards to get town kills. That's just some people's play style. The thing is, you gotta will thru it.

The actual game play cycle of MO, disregarding fun, is to intake more than you lose lol. If you take mental Ls over some town BS, they are throwing a curve ball at you, and that's it. But no reason to stick around if people are killing you all the time. It's a big map. GET OUT OF TOXAI Mr. Streamer.

Should prol not be able to fish in town. THIS AIN'T BDO. lol posts a screenshot of BDO fishers in any city back when people played. Dudes who know, know.
"mr. streamer" and others like him make the game more colorful and attractive, enrich this game, but all sorts of shmuckriks and other griefers repel most players from the game.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
"mr. streamer" and others like him make the game more colorful and attractive, enrich this game, but all sorts of shmuckriks and other griefers repel most players from the game.

I disagree with streaming. They need to show people the actual game tho. If your game play loop is fishing and you get killed on stream, that's content lool, unless people are sniping you constantly, then, again, I would argue GM intervention (true GM intervention, not passive aggressively making more guards,) is the key. Let the GM be like hey diz guy a streamer, and you are killing him way too much. Try to ease up on it.

I know to MO players it's like MYYYY FREEEEEDDOMMM... but c'mon. That's the most sensible way, to me. Then remove a lot of guards so people can do stuff. Tox used to be a madhouse haha. I remember mining so much gran in town there cuz it was so dead.

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
I disagree with streaming. They need to show people the actual game tho. If your game play loop is fishing and you get killed on stream, that's content lool, unless people are sniping you constantly, then, again, I would argue GM intervention (true GM intervention, not passive aggressively making more guards,) is the key. Let the GM be like hey diz guy a streamer, and you are killing him way too much. Try to ease up on it.

I know to MO players it's like MYYYY FREEEEEDDOMMM... but c'mon. That's the most sensible way, to me. Then remove a lot of guards so people can do stuff. Tox used to be a madhouse haha. I remember mining so much gran in town there cuz it was so dead.
Toxai that was why the city was dead, that no one wanted to go there, there was a haven for mentally retarded ambushers who sat there for hours and days in the same places and shot at everyone passing by.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Toxai that was why the city was dead, that no one wanted to go there, there was a haven for mentally retarded ambushers who sat there for hours and days in the same places and shot at everyone passing by.

Not an RPK fan? I used to diislike them as a nub, but they warmed up to me. Even RPK likes good food! Some of the most toxic people were pretty cool to me. Dudes are just bored. I dunno what to say. I mean, I dunno why they left me alone. Thank God, but it be how it be. It is a good place for me. That's how I see it: if a place is camped out and I can go there then I don't even need to pvp :p

^ that's also an essential game mechanic imo, people are so focused on back stabbing each other or doing whatever high tier shit they think they are in politics, but the simple hmm I can go somewhere other people can't or are afraid to... gg... that's Mo, too.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Actually ingerations of GM's is ok as long as it fits the lore and they help NPC's do they role representing law in high security areas.

NYOCHTAR

Sep 21, 2022
Sounds like your elite PVP against fishermen is going rough.

Maybe you want to try your PvP against naked wood choppers? Over encumbered miners? Pets on the dummy?
Make sure to let us know how that goes. 😆
Comments Ike this add nothing to the discussion. In town PVP is part of MO2s core gameplay.

• Haha
Reactions: Jackdstripper
Status
Not open for further replies.