Full trindremene build for mage

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
Hi all,
Firstly i was thinking about going paladin but i think i wanna dabble more as magery and try to squizz some ma for pve but my question is how viable is human rn for mage?

i know veela speed and clades but i think that most of FF will evantually catch the veela since thur and ogh have almost 400stamina. Veela will get a head start but eventually will get caught.
Despite the human bonus for profession skills, it also gets more health and more mana as the veela aswell with superior armor weight and mana regen.

Is it really that bad and veela only the only possibility for magery?

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
So in a nutshell a dex veela foot fighter or foot archer will always be able to keep distance on you as a human tindrem. You will have more stamina but not enough to cover the distance and be able to swing at them. They on average will have a 5-10% advantage in foot speed. Especially as a Tind, a Khurite has a pretty good chance at catching a Alvarin on foot but so does a Thur-Khur. The strength of the human is the fact they can pretty much do anything... just nothing great.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
Hi all,
Firstly i was thinking about going paladin but i think i wanna dabble more as magery and try to squizz some ma for pve but my question is how viable is human rn for mage?

i know veela speed and clades but i think that most of FF will evantually catch the veela since thur and ogh have almost 400stamina. Veela will get a head start but eventually will get caught.
Despite the human bonus for profession skills, it also gets more health and more mana as the veela aswell with superior armor weight and mana regen.

Magery as a whole is not viable so, if want to go human to have more defense and hold a sword is ok, if you want to go full DEX velaa is ok, if you want to go fat ogmir is ok, you will have less chance to survive in any circumstances and not be able to solo PVE in anyway so why bother with build

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Magery as a whole is not viable so, if want to go human to have more defense and hold a sword is ok, if you want to go full DEX velaa is ok, if you want to go fat ogmir is ok, you will have less chance to survive in any circumstances and not be able to solo PVE in anyway so why bother with build
Mage is very good and plenty viable with the right build. Mounted Fat mage human is possible but outside of that you are memeing if you play a human full mage. Veela/Sheevas are what you need to play full mage.

Foot mage would actually need some nerfs, people cant seem to get it though there head how to play the class but its pretty simple to kite and position your self.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Mage is very good and plenty viable with the right build. Mounted Fat mage human is possible but outside of that you are memeing if you play a human full mage. Veela/Sheevas are what you need to play full mage.

Foot mage would actually need some nerfs, people cant seem to get it though there head how to play the class but its pretty simple to kite and position your self.

Never have I seen anyone suggest foot mages get a nerf. Maybe I am reading what you said wrong, are you suggesting that foot mages get a nerf? If so what is your reasoning?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Never have I seen anyone suggest foot mages get a nerf. Maybe I am reading what you said wrong, are you suggesting that foot mages get a nerf? If so what is your reasoning?
Unblockable, hitscan, uncounterable, high damage.

Its a lot harder to play melee then mage and a lot more skill is needed. All you need to win on mage is positioning and aim. Aim any FPS player would have.

People have been suggesting mage nerf from the higher skilled player groups most of the beta. But instead they kept buffing them and they are pretty broken if you just play a proper build.

Outburst used to be 12 damage, now its about 30. Its name range plus two steps forward to hit a player for free uncounterable damage every two seconds while you can jump cast it to get some distance on a enemy. By the second jump cast you can Tlash and they should almost be dead at that time. Now you just kite while periodically looking back to see if they turned or if you have enough distance. Can also corrupt to stop them from healing. And if they bandage then you just gain distance on them. If they purify then they stand still and you can outburst or recorupt or use some other dps output or gain distance. If you find a jump then they need to put weapon away which slows them down so you gain distance.

If they at any point run from you, they are dead. They will stam out or take outburst in the back. If they re engage then you kite again. When ever you are attacking, you gain stamina from standing still. If they reach you, you just block. If there are two of them you kite till you can kill one then you stam up and reset the fight to kill the remaining fighter.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Its a lot harder to play melee then mage and a lot more skill is needed. All you need to win on mage is positioning and aim. Aim any FPS player would have.

People have been suggesting mage nerf from the higher skilled player groups most of the beta. But instead they kept buffing them and they are pretty broken if you just play a proper build.

Outburst used to be 12 damage, now its about 30. Its name range plus two steps forward to hit a player for free uncounterable damage every two seconds while you can jump cast it to get some distance on a enemy. By the second jump cast you can Tlash and they should almost be dead at that time. Now you just kite while periodically looking back to see if they turned or if you have enough distance. Can also corrupt to stop them from healing. And if they bandage then you just gain distance on them. If they purify then they stand still and you can outburst or recorupt or use some other dps output or gain distance. If you find a jump then they need to put weapon away which slows them down so you gain distance.

If they at any point run from you, they are dead. They will stam out or take outburst in the back. If they re engage then you kite again. When ever you are attacking, you gain stamina from standing still. If they reach you, you just block. If there are two of them you kite till you can kill one then you stam up and reset the fight to kill the remaining fighter.

Ok that sounds cool, but seeing as psy pretty much negates half if not more of the damage from magic. The range is laughable when compared to a bow. I dont even need to see your name, hell I dont even need to really see you. A longbow can reach out and touch you in game at an easy 200m, Outburst has a 45m range. Outburst hits for 30-40 at best. Longbows hit for 70-90 with slightly longer "cast" time, 3 seconds vs 2. Shortbows have a 33% longer range than Outburst and hit just as hard, and fire faster.

Magic is not broken.

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022

As i see dagger mage is a support build that can do some dmg on melee but majority be able to defend themself and heal/magic dmg when needed.
With full trind i can have 51 Str which enables me to have the second best dagger in the game while having 95 dext.
Thats with 300 stamina,186 health and 186 mana.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
As i see dagger mage is a support build that can do some dmg on melee but majority be able to defend themself and heal/magic dmg when needed.
With full trind i can have 51 Str which enables me to have the second best dagger in the game while having 95 dext.
Uh.. I think the best actual daggers in the game require around 30-40 str though. A dagger that can't weakspot is NOT a good dagger, definitely not when fighting people with any kind of armor. I'm almost intrigued to know about this clunky monstrosity you have come up with.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
dagger mage is just a meme build. Not as good as a full mage.

You only need 28 str for a tung risar risar dagger which is the best dagger you can get. Also the heaviest.

There is some theorycrafting about using a dagger mage now untill you get necro death hands when ever necro comes out.

Most top mages will say mage is a support class but that doesnt mean in smaller scale or solo a mage cant kill. Mages win the group fights as well if both sides are competent.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Ok that sounds cool, but seeing as psy pretty much negates half if not more of the damage from magic. The range is laughable when compared to a bow. I dont even need to see your name, hell I dont even need to really see you. A longbow can reach out and touch you in game at an easy 200m, Outburst has a 45m range. Outburst hits for 30-40 at best. Longbows hit for 70-90 with slightly longer "cast" time, 3 seconds vs 2. Shortbows have a 33% longer range than Outburst and hit just as hard, and fire faster.

Magic is not broken.
psy is a meme. It bearly works untill you get to 60 and then its only a minor improvment. You need to get to at least 80psy which gimps your character even then its not really good. 80 is just the next cut off after 60 which is when you start to see psy do something. When psy gets to 100 thats when you see it be usefull.

If you want 80 or 100 psy then you have to gimp your build to get that outside of being a mage in the first place.

Even then Psy is less effective against the higher lever spells and and really in the situation of a kiting mage would only increase the amount of mana they used to kill each player.

Yes magic is broken.

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
dagger mage is just a meme build. Not as good as a full mage.

You only need 28 str for a tung risar risar dagger which is the best dagger you can get. Also the heaviest.

There is some theorycrafting about using a dagger mage now untill you get necro death hands when ever necro comes out.

Most top mages will say mage is a support class but that doesnt mean in smaller scale or solo a mage cant kill. Mages win the group fights as well if both sides are competent.
So even with lean body type an human cannot ever use daggers is that it?
I really like the human aspect , kinda dont wnat to reroll alvarin lol also in TF armor seems to be king to me..ofc alvarin is master escape but you just cannot run away and jump off a cliff in TC situation.

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022

More troll comments about mage, there is no hit scan, magic is not a projectile but u need aim and with ppl kiting having 3-2s to throw magic is quite easy to miss, you also have interruption while casting time, shitty armor, mana and need reagents to throw magic

if the mage was OP and need a NERF nobody would play Mounted archer or melee so stop post bullshit. even the devs think mage needs a buff but they want to do this adding schools instead of change mechanics

Reactions: Thumos and Hodo

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
Hi all,

i know veela speed and clades but i think that most of FF will eventually catch the veela since thur and ogh have almost 400stamina. Veela will get a head start but eventually will get caught.

Bro stick to Human , you can opt for hybrid or full mage, you have more Profession points, can wear better armor, 100 int and 90-100 psy is already good enough, damage bonus even material lore if you want risk as alchemist

Dastardly

May 29, 2020
The misconception that a veela wont get away is odd. Yeah they have more stam but if the veela manages his stam properly he has much better regen. He just needs to get away just long enough to regen a bit of stam then keep kiting.

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
The misconception that a veela wont get away is odd. Yeah they have more stam but if the veela manages his stam properly he has much better regen. He just needs to get away just long enough to regen a bit of stam then keep kiting.
war or pvp you can survive by running but how you will deal if you won't kill mobs? will you de aggro or cheese it by jumping in a rock? For a solo player human is better

mrm1lli

Mar 21, 2022
khurite human with max dex is good foot mage. human vs veela is trading a bit of defense for a bit of speed. either way you cant 1v1 worth shit and are a support character or strength in numbers build. LONG LIVE HENRIKS VISION. lol.

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
So even with lean body type an human cannot ever use daggers is that it?
I really like the human aspect , kinda dont wnat to reroll alvarin lol also in TF armor seems to be king to me..ofc alvarin is master escape but you just cannot run away and jump off a cliff in TC situation.

Humans can be decent dagger fighters, but so can Oghmir or Thursar. If you want to actually use daggers for their unique utility (weak spot), your only real choices are Alvarin or full khurite (which is still inferior to alvarin). I tried a Thurkhur 110 dex underweight for a while, and the weakspot chance wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either. I would have been better off just prioritizing strength and damage bonus.

Reactions: Thumos

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
Humans can be decent dagger fighters, but so can Oghmir or Thursar. If you want to actually use daggers for their unique utility (weak spot), your only real choices are Alvarin or full khurite (which is still inferior to alvarin). I tried a Thurkhur 110 dex underweight for a while, and the weakspot chance wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either. I would have been better off just prioritizing strength and damage bonus.
I just want to be a mage and use MM for pve really.
Still unsure of what to do lol.
Ive talked with some mages and they say that they get caught by footies all the time. That the speed boost is not THAT realy noticable..any thought on that?

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I just want to be a mage and use MM for pve really.
Still unsure of what to do lol.
Ive talked with some mages and they say that they get caught by footies all the time. That the speed boost is not THAT realy noticable..any thought on that?

Unless you have a 10% speed advantage over most foot fighters you arent getting away before they can beat you to death.