Forced titles

Callenmore

Feb 7, 2023
Let me preface by saying I love the game and I'm all for full loot pvp.
That being said, I see the behavior of some players as particularly silly (killing new players with nothing, killing horses in/near towns, etc), even goblin-like, so I might suggest certain titles like: the Mischievous or the Nasty or the Cutthroat, or some such names, to be be forced as a title to bear upon reaching a certain amount of these type of kills. Of course, the title can be removed via rep gain - but who knows? - maybe some players would like this, and would actually Encourage them to attack more ~ which, might not be a bad thing: if a player had a forced title, it could also encourage murderer killings, which I know to have earned titles themselves.

Anyways, I just like the idea of affixing orc or goblin like behaviors to players who behave like orc and goblins - not that there's anything wrong with that playstyle per se (I don't Personally like it but to each theirs..) - I'm just looking to have some kind of accountability for those naughty players out there while still being playful in a fantasy setting, role playing, kind of way.

Thoughts? is this too much like the old "red" players outline, but with cool titles?

Like for example, if a player killer had, say, 5 or 10 more clade gifts worth... That would be goblin like behavior and worthy of a title like I mentioned.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Its difficult because just getting murder count doesnt always mean that you're a shitter. If you pvp a lot, even if its against enemy guilds, you will rack up a lot of murder count.
Its really hard to know which MC were legit pvp and which were just ganking and greefing.

TruthGlass

Mar 24, 2023
I find it pretty easy to sniff out troublemakers by their actions, like if someone is stalking you especially with a friend they are probably going to try to kill you. The problem with indicators is that it's saying hey this guys is probably a free kill... That being said if there was a cutthroat title I would wear it proudly at least until it messed up a couple of robberies. They would have to do it in a way that you couldn't cheese for it to have any meaning though. Like how they added the horsekiller title after adding lictors the title had no value and pvers just farmed horse spawns turning it into a complete joke.

Reactions: Callenmore

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
This is a good idea. In MO1 we had titles for numbers of blue kills, but SV went care bear in MO2, I think because they thought it caused more blues to be killed, and that blues being killed is what limited the population of MO1, (an idea that I think is false.)

Callenmore

Feb 7, 2023
Coward, Weakling yes - Care Bear lol, no way, that was a 1980's cartoon character and would be immersion breaking in this game which is gritty fantasy. And I'm talking temporary titles, so people who run away a lot, or people who fight unfairly, would get these titles. Although, as another user pointed out, I'm not sure any of this would be possible; but I like the idea of it.

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
This is a good idea. In MO1 we had titles for numbers of blue kills, but SV went care bear in MO2, I think because they thought it caused more blues to be killed, and that blues being killed is what limited the population of MO1, (an idea that I think is false.)
It should be pretty easy for SV to verify the following logic, from their database: Person leaves haven, person gets murdered, person never logs back in.

I assume they have done this, and is why they are pushing the eve-style zone rules, etc.

Reactions: Rahz

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
It should be pretty easy for SV to verify the following logic, from their database: Person leaves haven, person gets murdered, person never logs back in.

I assume they have done this, and is why they are pushing the eve-style zone rules, etc.
Those people would never have found a place in this or any hard core game (they aren't going to play eve, either.) They lost long time players from things we are forbidden to talk about, and from overpowered things like death knights. That is what I meant.

TruthGlass

Mar 24, 2023
Those people would never have found a place in this or any hard core game (they aren't going to play eve, either.) They lost long time players from things we are forbidden to talk about, and from overpowered things like death knights. That is what I meant.
I do think SV could do more to treat death as a expectation which would save everyone a great deal of trouble. Like with a mission to teach people that death and loss is a part of the game instead of deadening the experience more and more. Like with a leave haven mission that tells people to pack for nave and then murders them with all their stuff that leads into a cut scene where a old man laughs and gives them specific useful items and 3g with a dark souls vibe.

Reactions: Rorry