Feedback/Discussion regarding the latest stream about TC Towers and how they work. I think it needs two different systems. TC Tower and Faction tower.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020

1. TC Towers should be a feature for large Kingdoms and and their alliance to generate TC points, to make their territory more interesting and profitable, which of course attracts more players, justifies higher property taxes and generates more tax revenue to fund the fight against the other kingdoms.​

I personally think that TC Towers should be a feature for large Guilds that are owning a keep and their Alliance and not for small groups.
For small groups we need Faction warfare, Faction Warfare Points/Spots to gain prominence and glory and now i want to explain why i think that we need two seperate features. TC towers for large groups and faction war towers or objectives for the small groups.

TC Towers should trigger a large battle. Preferably every hour, so that the big guilds and alliances can smash each other's heads in certain hotspots in the open world. Keeping PVP players busy frees up dungeons for PVE players and smaller groups. In this game, the big battles are the most fun. In the first game there was a global message when a control tower was attacked and all the big guilds went out to fight each other.
I think the TC tower should also fulfill this task in the second game.
I don't think it's a good idea to turn this into a mishmash of content for large guilds and small groups. This does not work !
The biggest problem with MO1 was that the TC Towers were too easy to destroy. Before the armies arrived, the tower was very often already destroyed. So I don't think it's a good idea that capturing such a tower should be manageable by small groups and that SV try to make the TC Towers a mishmash content for small and large guilds. In my opinion, this is the completely wrong approach and does not work.
The second problem was that the attacks on the towers were sometimes just faked. When a tower was attacked, there was a global message in the global chat that eg the KOTO control tower in Spider Valley was under attack, then everyone ran to it, but nobody was there. Some weirdo only hammered the tower once to waste other players' time.
Therefore it would be important that this message only appears when the tower has already suffered 1% damage and then further follow-up messages appear if it continues to take damage.

Henrick said in his stream that Siege weapons could destroy these towers in no time so that small groups can also take a tower. I don't think that's a good idea!

For small groups we need different content to generate Prominent Points, which I would like to go into in point 3. I have a whole host of interesting ideas for this.

But before I explain the ideas for faction warfare I would like to go into the TC tower and the different ways to generate Prominent Points in Point 2 and the possible advantages and buffs that a growing kingdom could make your Kingdom stand out from the other kingdoms.

2. What mechanics could be used to generate Prominent Points and what buffs could make the zones of a growing kingdom depending on the prominence Points more lucrative and interesting.​

Depending on how many Promenent Points a keep owning guild and its alliance generate should have an impact on the area.
Capturing and holding TC towers should involve a fight for resources and spawns and have an impact on the zone's lucrativeness.

A growing kingdom could increase the loot drop chance for all players in that zone. E.g. from 1-6% higher loot drop chance, 1-6% higher rare trinket Gem Luck, up to 10% higher gathering yield etc. These buffs could be displayed in the top left corner of the screen.
In addition, this could have an impact on mob density or spawntime.

Players who played MO1 will surely know that MO1 had an expanding camp mechanic. If bandits or risar camps were not farmed for 10 minutes, that camp would expand into a tier 2 and later into a tier 3 camp. Every 10 minutes more tents, mobs and bosses spawned and the camp got bigger.

Generating Prominence Points from capturing towers may affect how quickly mobs spawn and how quickly the camps expand to tier 2 and 3. Also the number of players that are on a single node and walk from camp to camp or cause damage to NPCs should have an impact on the spawn rate.

A growing kingdom might attract more bandit bosses, outlaws, trolls or Risar bosses, as the chances of getting loot are higher in a prosperous and growing kingdom.

*** Hotspot dungeons to create Hotspots for PVP to gather prominent points, and further relieve the other dungeons for PVE Players.​

This Idea would require a Town crier who declares one of the dungeons to be a hotspot for the next week and that this NPC should demand specific items for certain rewards that can only be found inside the selected dungeon at that time and delivering them should generate TC Points (Prominent Points).

This prevent players to only farm the most lucrative dungeons. This way the luncrativity of the dungeons would change and these dungeons would then become a PVP hotspot for a specific time. The other dungeons would be relieved. Some players want hotspots for PVP and enjoy to fight each other all day and the pure PVE players want to farm their dungeons on the weekend without getting involved in major conflicts. The Hotspot Dungeons should be the only Dungeons that give Prominence Points for delivering the specific Items out of the Hotspot dungeon to the Town Crier, so that the other dungeons get relieved. During the specific Time the Hotspot dungeon could spawn specific Loot that can be traded for prominence Points, rare Mobs for Dominating, much harder Elite Mobs (for bigger Groups) a bit higher loot chance, the Boss could drop legendary trinkets (with the chance to roll a clade Gift on it) or be able to increase a skill over the lvl 100 cap (maybe 105) or whatever. I loved this raids in UO and ther skill scrolls you could find. This would be a great addition for TC and a nice way to farm prominent Points !

3. Faction System counterpart to TC Towers for small Groups and solo players !

Prolog​

What I liked about Albion Online was that all the TC mechanics in the Blackzone were designed towards
highly coordinated guild PVP and territory control for large groups. To take over keeps and cities you needed a lot of players.

The FactionTerretory control system in the Royal Zone was the counterpart to the TC and designed for solo and random players. You randomly noticed that another city faction is attacking your town or taking the faction points, so you flagged yourself quickly in the city and just joined in, although you weren't in the discord with the other players or had anything else to do with them. You felt connected to each other through the faction flag and did PVP together and took the points to earn the points for the rewards. Killing opponents of the other faction rewarded you.

Here is a Video about Faction Warfare in Albion (content for smaller uncoordinated groups)

Each city had its own faction that a player could join. All faction flagged players from other cities were shown as opponents to these players. This could be the counterpart to the TC system. Farming mobs as a faction flagged player might be more lucrative since that player is taking a higher risk.
Some camps or faction towers could be introduced that increase the lucrativeness of a zone for the faction flagged players of a certain city faction. These could generate the same buffs as the TC Tower without the impact on mob density or spawntime..

A growing Faction could increase the loot drop chance for all faction flagged players in that zone. E.g. from 1-6% higher loot drop chance, 1-6% higher rare trinket Gem Luck, up to 10% higher gathering yield etc. These buffs could be displayed in the top left corner of the screen.

Farming mobs or dungeons in the area of another city faction could generate much more prominent points, claide XP , Veteran Points XP or currency for Faction rewards. In Albion, these were specific mounts. Many things would be conceivable such as special gear for mounts or special skins for Shields or whatever the players like.

Another activity for small groups were the treasure chests. The loot filled up every full hour. You always checked the time and if it was 7.50 am you were sure that the chest would spawn with full loot in the next 10 minutes. The idea of the boxes filling up every hour was great. This created a hotspot for PVP every hour, and small groups would head there a few minutes before respawn.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Now some Feedback to the Siege Tents.

Download.jpg

I like the idea of Siege Tents and that you have to build one in order to siege a base. The building produces Siege Ammo over time. The only problem I see with this is that the Siege camp can be set up anywhere in the world and the ammunition can be transported with Molvas to the siege.

In my opinion the boulders should be deleted when Siege Camp is destroyed or you shouldn't be able to store them in houses and chests.
I think that being able to store Boulders in houses was the biggest design flaws in MO1.
Each home was deemed a potential threat by the Keep's owners and often destroyed rather than benefiting from taxes. I hope this change in Mo2

Symbol „Von der Community überprüft“

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
It's a pity that no one participates in such an important discussion :( According to SV Feedback would be welcome !