Fastest way to start crafting 2h axes

andreyss

Dec 29, 2021
What is the fastest way to start crafting 2h axes at release?
Can i get just the books, let them get me to lvl 10 and then craft axes to lvl faster ?
What is the order of books needed ?

D

Deleted member 44

I'm having this issue too. Axe crafting takes an excessive amount of materials to level effectively. I think the best thing to do come release is to read the books while you stock pile resources to level the remainder of the skills. You can always level your other weapon crafting lore while you read the book. Most other weapon crafting skills can be grinded out rather easily.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I did it. If I did it again, this is what I would/will do. Go to GY and harvest a stack of bone tissue+, walk back, bank it, you're gonna need legit like... 20+ stacks lol. Don't need to get them all at once, but starting w/ like 5 or so would be NICE. Then go get cotton, try to get a half stack at a time. Spam drop loot spam. The last thing to level for me was axe head. I got 2h handle and axe crafting to 100, but axe head was still at 85 or something so I just spammed out on 1h, but still took forever.

I imagine this is gonna be a similar issue w/ pole swords to get adv blade though, but maybe not. Axe Head book is a long read, too. I would prefer SV ease up the gains thru crafting. Should we really have to make more than a 100 weps to level a craft skill, makes you wonder.

Also re: books, I would read the books that are 5h or less only, other ones just pop. There are a ton of books that are rather fast reads that you'd wanna read while you are killing your life spamming weapons... like... ore extraction, crusher, furn, mining, woodcut( if you do that) all fast books but painfully ASS to level manually. Some of the craft books are short, too, and it's worth to get the levels you can while you gather, as dude said, but in general, a lot of them aren't gonna get your a noticeable gain so should focus on other stuff (imo!)

Reactions: Timothias