Farmer in MO2

Callenmore

Feb 7, 2023
I would love to see farming brought in. I can totally see it happening down the road. I never played MO, but this game is awesome - I'd love to have little plots of gardens (maybe little garden deeds purchasable from a town NPC?) next to houses. From what I've seen there's no shortage of plants that could be grown, and it could be quite the time sink, an enjoyable one, producing food to maintain weight, ingredients for alchemy, items to sell on market.... yeah, I would love to have farming added. I'm a bit of a role-player (I enjoy a slower paced game), so I actually like chopping wood, mining etc., so farming would be great in my opinion.

• Love
Reactions: Paganel and Jybwee

Melhisedek

Dec 3, 2021
Tindrem
I would love to see farming brought in. I can totally see it happening down the road. I never played MO, but this game is awesome - I'd love to have little plots of gardens (maybe little garden deeds purchasable from a town NPC?) next to houses. From what I've seen there's no shortage of plants that could be grown, and it could be quite the time sink, an enjoyable one, producing food to maintain weight, ingredients for alchemy, items to sell on market.... yeah, I would love to have farming added. I'm a bit of a role-player (I enjoy a slower paced game), so I actually like chopping wood, mining etc., so farming would be great in my opinion.
even if it is introduced into the game, it will be available only inside the fortresses, you will not be allowed to live in peace on your personal garden plot, lazy and greedy orcs will regularly devour your crops

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I want to be a farmer in MO2. Plant something

This would be awesome, but not like MO1. Not just something that people spam salvia everywhere. You should have to take into account climate and such, and you should have to tend to your stuff. The currency of sandboxes is time, supposedly, but MO has a kind of curve where if you are more skilled at doing certain things, you can do it in less time or more efficiently, I'd like to see many systems develop, including farming.

I would also like there to be rentable (dunno how they could go, maybe like per week, based on lottery? haha) plots of land to grow some pickables in each town so you can spice it up. Maybe be able to have one exotic import, just something requiring thought and allowing for a different type of equity to be put into the game. I'm all for it.

Reactions: Paganel