Extraction message

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I think there should be some kind of message posted to the center of the screen when a player starts extracting.

Possibly the amount of time it will take to finish or something simular.

When first trying the crusher in fab the animation started and ended without giving me any results. It left me confused for a few but in time I realized the timer was going as usuall.

Sure I am old and forgetful, but if this left me as a returning player a bit confused then I am sure many new players will walk away after the animation stops and just think it did not work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Svaar

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
The message is displayed below your statistics bar. Same place where bandages timers, rest timers etc. are located.

But having it display somewhere else might help new players.
Yeah, I did see the timer myself after a few.

But the animations stopping will suggest that these process have completed when they have not.

So I think there should be a clear message front and center that lets players know directly that it will take more time.

Not the timer itself posted in the center. Just an initial time to finish. They can find the timer after.

Reactions: Eldrath

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
you also need a message in the middle of the screen when you do not have enough resources for crafting. I didn't realize the first time that I didn't have enough resources until I paid attention to the chat.

Reactions: Amadman