Every friday or every other friday turn off the guards in a certain town

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
We have seen todays fights at Fabernum, it would be nice if this was something that happened consistently. Could cycle between different towns, would bring tons of fun pvp and content.

Reactions: Slyy and Tzone

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I missed what ever happened.

But, what would be the reason that a city would choose not to have guards for a day?

I can see the old way where guilds took over a town and choose not to have guards.

But I do not see how it would be logical in normal circumstances.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021

But, what would be the reason that a city would choose not to have guards for a day?

I can see the old way where guilds took over a town and choose not to have guards.

guards were bugged out in fabernum for like a day or two and PvP was happening in town. Great times.

Reactions: Amadman

Glitch

Mar 27, 2021
I agree with this. This shit was FUN AF. Make the event called "The Purge" or some shit.

The thing is.... depending on who controls the territory if they decide to turn guards off or whatever if they implement that in the game at all.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
We have seen todays fights at Fabernum, it would be nice if this was something that happened consistently. Could cycle between different towns, would bring tons of fun pvp and content.

I like the idea in theory, and I like 'gm event' level action. I dunno if this is the best possible way to do it, but yeah, I don't disagree with it if it happens.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021

Well if you really want to role play it, then one can argue that the mayor wants the guilds to sort themselves out, in fear of them turning on the town itself.

Make sense to me.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
There should be more to it.

Disabling guards would be cool as I enjoyed some of that Fab PvP, but the problem is that people living there who are trying to avoid PvP now are unable to happily play for a day as their town is now devoid of guards (or working ones).

Instead, I think they should take a note from their meteor system or the invasion system.

If an invasion happens near a town the guards could be submissive or not respawn whilst the invasion spawners are active (they would need to be destroyed).

When they are, the guards go back to being normal. Everyone gets what they want.

The blues who want safety can solve the problem of the guards not respawning, the PvP players can utilize the chaos to get their fun; and those inbetween can go do a spontaneous event and get some PvP.

Would also be neat to see the return of objects like the demon pillars.

Perhaps NPC's have a very low chance of dropping pieces of a banner and after you have all the pieces, you can assemble it and place it.

The banner would generate the spawners. So until the banner was gone, and the spawners destroyed; the location wouldn't disappear and if near the town the guards wouldn't respawn.