Destroy items right b4 u get pkd'

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
I heard back in MO1, deleted items stayed in lootbag inventory for around 2 minutes after beiing deleted in inventory by the owner. If that was a thing, they definetly should add it again.

rgarrett

Apr 23, 2022
not like that here
ive been able to delete all my shit everytime ive attempted too its not a good mechanic..

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I think you shouldn't be able to destroy items ever, they should just be dropped. But they dont have this functionality and likely never will. Welcome to the party

That kind of reminds me of Wurm. When you drop an item on the ground it stays around for a few days minimum. They had specially designed trash heaps you could throw things into to hide the items and speed up the decay. And you could also dispose of items with no decay if you sacrificed them to your diety at an altar. (30 second timer with some benefits depending on the item / if you were a priest)

Obviously, THAT is a bit extreme for MO2 but it kind of highlights the idea you don't even need to make item deletion a thing. Drop only with 5-10 minute decay times on bags would be perfectly sufficient. Just make a certain range on it where if players drop items with an existing bag down it will drop it to the nearest bag within X meters. That way you can't drop 50 units of water one at a time in the bank to make people lag/crash.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
In MO1 eventually they put a 2min timer after you got hit by a player before you could delete anything in your inventory.

You could still preemptively delete stuff if you saw them coming, but once you got hit, you basically had to get out of combat and wait before deleting stuff.

A good system that im sure will eventually come to MO2. Just a lot of other stuff to fix first.

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
I think almost everyone agrees you shouldn't be able to delete stuff when someone attacks you.

The problem is, there are legitimate reasons to delete things mid-combat. For example, if you fell into water and are drowning.

Seems like the mo1 method previously mentioned is a great compromise, but this might be really difficult depending on how the inventory system is implemented on the back end.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Deleting items to avoid that some naughty villain loot them... thats just bad sportsmanship imo. I would never do that.
But it do sound like a timer is needed. Sure its a problem when drowning, but.. well disintegrating items midcombat is a larger problem I think.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
And horse hits don't even count for the 6 second timer. Pathetic.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
In MO1 eventually they put a 2min timer after you got hit by a player before you could delete anything in your inventory.

You could still preemptively delete stuff if you saw them coming, but once you got hit, you basically had to get out of combat and wait before deleting stuff.

A good system that im sure will eventually come to MO2. Just a lot of other stuff to fix first.

lol yea unless you're holding a stack or something. LET ME DROP THIS HUGE PILE OF ROCKS PLZ. They all have downsides. The smartest thing would be just to let everything continue to exist. Unfort MO ain't ready. If they could do something about all the lootbags in the GY they might be able to add this in, but there would always be people trolling the server by dropping stuff, but I don't care if you stole it or if you got hit, you should def be able to drop stuff once.

Edit: I know a lot of loot is valuable in general, but what about... at the very least you can't unequip your gear and delete it. As for inv items, like I said, that's wack because who knows, you could be picking water or something (don't judge!) and someone comes up and taps you and is just like hehehe lemme move back a little and kill u with a 20s bow.

Actually having a memory system would be smartest. lol if you die within x amount of time of deleting something it still appears on your corpse. gg.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
I was once chased by a group of players while transporting valuable cargo. My horse died amd i ran i to the bushes..knowing where i was i typed /droploot and distracted them by jumping into water...thry killed me.. i ran back and got my loot....

I dont feelvlike this isnt sonething i shouldnt be able to do..think if it more as..im tossing the goods aside to be picked up later. Was risky either way.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I think almost everyone agrees you shouldn't be able to delete stuff when someone attacks you.

The problem is, there are legitimate reasons to delete things mid-combat. For example, if you fell into water and are drowning.

Seems like the mo1 method previously mentioned is a great compromise, but this might be really difficult depending on how the inventory system is implemented on the back end.

This would also work with something like I suggested. Remove delete and replace it with an option to drop individual items unlike a /lootdrop that throws out your entire inventory and all your equipment. Make these items last 5-10 minutes in the game world.

Then just implement something were say, if you have a bag down dropping items within 30 meters of that bag put it into that bag. That way when someone goes into the bank and starts running around in circles dropping water 1 unit at a time they're just slowly transferring water to 1 or 2 bags rather than putting down 500 bags to cause lag and make people crash. Is this abusable? Sure you could abuse this to say, leapfrog some granum to the bank. But said abuses actually sound harder than using a horse in most instances and are a smaller problem than the original problem of "I see 5 guys riding up on me. Let's delete everything to make sure they don't get it.

Or worse: "Those guys just told me to /droploot and they'll let me live! Let's delete this 3000 gold I have on me first, they'll never know the difference!"

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
The worst part is you can't drop items while in combat so if you get attacked while you just picked up a carcass you're screwed. Should just make it so that you can drop items but they still show up on death or w/e or on the ground idk

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I honestly dont care about the stuff. But I also dont gank people randomly in this game. It is odd... in another game I pirate all the time and I complain about the loot mechanics being trash, yet in this game I feel I dont care as much.

I do feel there needs to be better information when looking in a loot bag. And I also dont think you should be able to delete items, but just drop them instead.

Reactions: grendel

alabugin

Apr 10, 2022

Thats what /dropall is for, but its fucked that it drops your inventory as well. /dropbag should be added and only drop your inventory.

Last edited:
Reactions: grendel