Dedicated afk training areas.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I would like for afk macro skilling to not be a thing at all. And hope SV is trying to design systems that do not lead to many players doing such.

However, if that is how things go again then I think it would be a good idea to have dedicated ingame areas to do so. Possibly with some bonuses for doing it in this location or something.

As it is players seem to want to do these types of activities where they are safest. Which often meant in the areas where guards have a heavy presence. Like banks and town centers. Basically the areas with a lot of traffic and other players to see these unnatural immersion breaking activities going on.

If there was dedicated places for such things then sv could design them in a way that makes more sense for the activities to be happening. And it would make it where the populated areas are not the most advantages place to do such activities.

Additionally such things should be available for players to make themselves in keeps and player made towns. Again to get players to use these dedicated areas more than banks and town centers.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I would like for afk macro skilling to not be a thing at all.

Lets go with that option. Cut and paste the clade bonus system to give "Active experience" you can then allocate into any active skill to level it. Given they apparently said all mobs will eventually give clade XP that's literally all that needs to be done to kill macroing and allow people to reasonably level in a more engaging manner.

If they leave macroing in I'm fine finding some hidden corner of the map or a locked house to do it in. I mean it's going to be over in a day or two anyway. Sounds like we might be able to do all our macroing before we even leave Haven. I'd just rather not waste my time with it at all.

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
I agree, they should have a small area in most towns for auto practice. Archery targets, training dummies ect. I'd even argue for an automated system rather than getting a click macro so that atleast the player goes into a cool animation that gives life to the town in an immersion sense rather than someone stabbing a dummy with a wooden sword for hours.

Reactions: Amadman

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
I agree, they should have a small area in most towns for auto practice. Archery targets, training dummies ect. I'd even argue for an automated system rather than getting a click macro so that atleast the player goes into a cool animation that gives life to the town in an immersion sense rather than someone stabbing a dummy with a wooden sword for hours.

See Black Desert Online's training areas for reference ;)

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I understand the thought process here, but this falls under the category of managing symptoms instead of curing the disease. As far back as I can remember there have been 0 attempts by SV to even address the disease and it's long overdue