Daily Log in Bonus?✔️ Friend Referral?✔️ Spin the Wheel?✔️🎡 Ways to keep players coming back, day after day! 💰💰💰

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Daily Log in Bonus Day1-Day7: 10gold, 15gold, 20gold, 25gold, 30gold, 40gold, 45gold. (It rewards the player more everyday, getting them more excited for the next log in, and giving new players the ability to buy and trade on broker as well, which helps game economy)

Daily Log in Bonus Day8-Day14: 50Gold and 10k Randomized Carcass, 55gold and 10k Randomized Carcass, 60Gold and 10k Randomized Carcass, 65Gold and 10k Randomized Carcass, 70Gold and 10k Randomized Carcass, 75Gold and 10k Randomized Carcass, 80Gold and 10k Randomized Carcass. (Carcasses Help Players Lore up many different skills, also has trade value to cooks, beast masters, and alchemist)

Daily Log in Bonus Day15-21 80Gold and 1k Randomized Ore, 85Gold and 1k Randomized Ore, 90Gold and 1k Randomized Ore, 95Gold and 1k Randomized Ore, 100Gold and 1k Randomized Ore. 105Gold and 1k Randomized Ore, 110Gold and 2k Randomized Ore. (Ore is used in refining and many other skills to create bars capable of making weapons and armor)

Daily Log in Bonus Day22-29 Randomized 1k WaterStones, 1k Gem Metal, 1k Lupium, 1k Sanguinite, 1k Pyroxene (The Next Stage materials of Ore becoming Bars)

Last Day of Every Month Day 30 Or 31. 3 Randomized Skill Books, 1 Randomized Spell Book, 100k Randomized Carcass, 100k Randomized Ore, 10k Random of Any Metal Bar, 1x Random Metal Tier Weapons, 1x Random Metal Tier Set of Armor, 500gold. (You had to have logged in everyday and played a minimal of 60 hours a month to get this log in reward) Afking does not count towards total hours played,

SPIN THE WHEEL: 🎡
You Insert a Token, and you Spin and you win a Random Prize.

At the start of each month (The 1st) Players get 1 Spin The Wheel Token.

Tokens can be traded on the Broker or used in the Spin the Wheel Mini Game.

Prizes that appear on the Spin the Wheel will only be High Tier Prizes.

Players needed to play every day of the month to receive a Spin the Wheel Token (Some Rewards Require you to live in Specific Region, as to not devalue them)

Possible Prizes:
10k Gold, 10k Cronite, 10k Tungsteel, 10kOghmium, 10k Steel, 10k Tindremic Messing, 10k IronSilk, 10k Cosmoid, 10k Ivory, 100k IronWood, 100kCrepite, 10k Pansar Scale, 1x Randomized Armor Book, 1x Randomized Spell Book, 1x Randomized Weapon Book, 10x Randomized Skill Book, 10x Randomized Staffs for Staff magic, 1x House, 1k Topaz, 1kDiamond, 1kRuby, 1kSapphire, 10kGold Bars, 10k Silver Bars, 10k Skaddite Bars, 10k Nyx Bars, 25k Messing bars, 100k Jadeite Bars, 100k Cuprum bars, 10x Hired Guard, 10x Town Teleport, x1 Siege Equipment, x10 Randomized Portable Crafting Table, x10 Randomized Weapon made out of any of the above materials. x10Randomized Armor Sets, made out of the above materials.

REFER A FRIEND: Get +1 Spin The Wheel Token for you and your friend, and a boost to experience for 5 skills, and 2 attributes making leveling them up easier. Get +1 Noob Package a bag containing x3 Ironbone Armor made with guardfur, x3 Hornscales Armor made with Silk, and a few melee weapons and bows of mid tier material quality. Access to Yellow Border around name. Giving you each 7 days of freedom from players killing you. (Disabled if you attack another player)

Last edited:

ChonoKhan

Nov 17, 2020
A good game will bring them back, we just need to see if that is here, or in Myth of Empires.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
I understand what you're saying and what you want to accomplish.

I feel like a better way to do this would be tying it to the Faction system. You could have Loyalist npc (or whatever you deem fit for the proper role title) in each town, and by checking in with them each day, IF you are in good standing, you could receive some sort of reward.

At least, if the Log In Rewards were implemented via an interface, the rewards could be collected from such an NPC.

Whether or not I think this is a good idea in general - I am not sure. Things like this often end up breaking economy, or making people feel like it's a chore to need to log in every day. At the same time, I personally enjoy the log in reward system in most games.

So honestly, I don't know. If it were added, the rewards would need to be minor.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Some or all of these ideas might work to bring players back day after day, et cetera.

Some or all of these ideas might work to make the game deliberately more addictive.

Making the game deliberately more addictive might get Star Vault in trouble depending on how far that goes.

If folks really like it, they'll play it regardless of gimmicks.
alaylah_sig_wide_zps90b85aae.JPG

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Im for quest you can do daily to get people to log in and leave town. But most of this is just a no.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Some or all of these ideas might work to bring players back day after day, et cetera.

Some or all of these ideas might work to make the game deliberately more addictive.

Making the game deliberately more addictive might get Star Vault in trouble depending on how far that goes.

If folks really like it, they'll play it regardless of gimmicks.
aView attachment 2013
I don't think SV can get in any sort of trouble for making a game more addictive lots of games have rewards like this and even loyalty rewards programs. (Like Runescape) I even played a game once that gave rewards for coming back and reward depended on how long you were gone. It was called King Of Kings3 lol god that game was a grind fest, but they had some cool idea's like character transformations and you could rule over a entire server as it's king by winning the PvP kingdom wars.

Sneeze

Mar 24, 2021
Hell no. This is incredibly incredibly stupid. Not only does this devalue all action out in the world or any sense of regional value.

Think of how badly this would inflate the ingame economy

Edit: typed this before even reading the rest of it. This is actually just a bad idea all around. There is literally nothing good about this. The spin the wheel part is even stupider than daily log in and that is hard to beat. But then the refer a friend is literally beating both 7 days of immunity. Really even just normally this would be dumb. If it's just happening naturally any safety out in the world would be really stupid. But imagine doing it 4 times for yourself spending the 160 bucks and then having one month of completely safe farming. With alts that are completely safe mining or whatever

Every part of this post is stupid and bad. This doesn't even need like detailed criticism this is literally just all around horrible ideas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokolo and Speznat

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I understand what you're saying and what you want to accomplish.

I feel like a better way to do this would be tying it to the Faction system. You could have Loyalist npc (or whatever you deem fit for the proper role title) in each town, and by checking in with them each day, IF you are in good standing, you could receive some sort of reward.

At least, if the Log In Rewards were implemented via an interface, the rewards could be collected from such an NPC.

Whether or not I think this is a good idea in general - I am not sure. Things like this often end up breaking economy, or making people feel like it's a chore to need to log in every day. At the same time, I personally enjoy the log in reward system in most games.

So honestly, I don't know. If it were added, the rewards would need to be minor.
Well I got a post coming about the Faction System soon. And i think that should be a separate system not related to simply logging in. I would like the factions to be more in depth with more specific rewards where you must be part of that faction to receive them.

As for it breaking the economy, that is why the idea behind it was rewarding players logging in everyday but for the big rewards like tokens and stuff you had to log in every day and play a certain amount of time. If a player was to dedicate the required time everyday to begin with, then suffice to say they could get whatever items was on the list simply by playing for a whole month. And to that end I believe this idea would reward loyal players as well as taking some of the Chore out of the game. It would also boost the economy with more trade.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Hell no. This is incredibly incredibly stupid. Not only does this devalue all action out in the world or any sense of regional value.

I mean after 30 days of playing i could get a lot of items and that is playing solo. As for regional, i think you might not have read the entire paragraph. I put some rewards could only be acquired if you lived in the region. So if you live in Gk and played in that region for 30 days, you have a chance of Ogh or Cronite, if not it doesn't appear in your Chance of Spin wheel. Even then, if you are waiting on your hands and knees month after month to get lucky, if you waited a year for a stack of Ogh for example... then couldn't you have done it 10x faster just mining it yourself or getting friends to help? How does that break economy if they are 30 day intervals, you can't bank on a idea of luck. And other games already do things like this, so why can't Mortal? Also i don't think you have considered the economy of the Tokens themselves and their value on the broker. On a game called Runescape people sell Subscription Tokens for literal Millions of Gold, and it boosted their economy. Player Economy is usually about what items are newest to the game. If a item is old it loses value. But certain items retain value if they have top of the line stats compared to others.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

Edit: typed this before even reading the rest of it. This is actually just a bad idea all around. There is literally nothing good about this. The spin the wheel part is even stupider than daily log in and that is hard to beat. But then the refer a friend is literally beating both 7 days of immunity. Really even just normally this would be dumb. If it's just happening naturally any safety out in the world would be really stupid. But imagine doing it 4 times for yourself spending the 160 bucks and then having one month of completely safe farming. With alts that are completely safe mining or whatever

Every part of this post is stupid and bad. This doesn't even need like detailed criticism this is literally just all around horrible ideas.
In Mortal Online1 the Yellow Border already existed and players couldn't be attacked for a period of time. And they will probably bring it back in Mo2.

Sneeze

Mar 24, 2021
I mean after 30 days of playing i could get a lot of items and that is playing solo. As for regional, i think you might not have read the entire paragraph. I put some rewards could only be acquired if you lived in the region. So if you live in Gk and played in that region for 30 days, you have a chance of Ogh or Cronite, if not it doesn't appear in your Chance of Spin wheel. Even then, if you are waiting on your hands and knees month after month to get lucky, if you waited a year for a stack of Ogh for example... then couldn't you have done it 10x faster just mining it yourself or getting friends to help? How does that break economy if they are 30 day intervals, you can't bank on a idea of luck. And other games already do things like this, so why can't Mortal? Also i don't think you have considered the economy of the Tokens themselves and their value on the broker. On a game called Runescape people sell Subscription Tokens for literal Millions of Gold, and it boosted their economy. Player Economy is usually about what items are newest to the game. If a item is old it loses value. But certain items retain value if they have top of the line stats compared to others.
firstly wouldnt you go to that town just to get the reward you want. secondly you playing and getting items is fine literally everyone getting items for doing nothing more than logging in is not. the gold itself is enough to make it really bad for the economy, mortal is a different game. also sub tokens are completely different than anything you suggested as sub tokens add no money into the game. they purely move money/mats around they do not create them.
In Mortal Online1 the Yellow Border already existed and players couldn't be attacked for a period of time. And they will probably bring it back in Mo2.
this is completely different as it was purely for new players had major limits and lasted 8 hours. when it did last longer it was a huge problem and ended up being changed. also haven removes the point of this fully addressing the remaining problems the yellow flag had and so there is no point for it to come back.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

The Yellow Border out in the wild idea is pretty easy to fix. The devs just got to make it so if you leave your player town you aren't safe anymore. And i really doubt that anyone has multiple 160$ laying around. I mean bro most Refer friends are the same price as normal, it's just designed to get new players in the game with starter to medium level gear for a slight edge to get them to want to sign up.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
firstly wouldnt you go to that town just to get the reward you want. secondly you playing and getting items is fine literally everyone getting items for doing nothing more than logging in is not. the gold itself is enough to make it really bad for the economy, mortal is a different game. also sub tokens are completely different than anything you suggested as sub tokens add no money into the game. they purely move money/mats around they do not create them.

this is completely different as it was purely for new players had major limits and lasted 8 hours. when it did last longer it was a huge problem and ended up being changed. also haven removes the point of this fully addressing the remaining problems the yellow flag had and so there is no point for it to come back.
No you gotta play in that region/town/city for 30 days to get region locked rewards. Like a specified loot table of good items could show anywhere, but if your area doesn't have Tephra for example then Oghmium Bars wouldn't appear in your loot wheel. This would keep the value of the items in different regions, additionally just because a stack of ogh can appear doesn't mean it will. I mean I've seen video games do this same spin the wheel thing before and you could hit it 10x and not get the item you want. So if it's only once a month that doesn't even give you a guarantee at Ogh for the entire year. If there is 12 items in the Wheel that means you would have a 1 in 12 chance of hitting that Lucky Ogh. Or 1 out of 12 players, so you would need 12 toons for this example, and even that doesn't beat the odds because probability is a complicated thing. And there is more then 12 good items in the game making these numbers even more rare, there is 35 items just in the list i made. The idea would also add another incentive for players to spread out to the different areas. Also since everyone would get access to the token system and log in system, I fail to see how it would give anyone more of a advantage over another player when the playing field is even. It's the same as arguing about the game in it's current state as the player base is even across the board there too. But saying that people can abuse it with other toons/accounts is a different argument as they can/already are abusing the game in it's current state as well. There's always going to be cheaters or people trying to exploit something, More content doesn't make it more so... Because people will do it with or without this idea.

Last edited:

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I am with Sneeze that the daily login gold would be bad for the economy.

This would basically be like printing new money all the time.

Not only would this constantly be pumping in new money and making it less valuable.

It would also be less worth it for someone to produce and sell things when they already have money coming for free.

Same goes for carcasses and other resources.

If you are pumping those into the game then you are basically taking away the need for players to do these types of things.

Which would make it harder for those that do those types of things to profit off of them in the markets.

Last edited:

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I am with Sneeze that the daily login gold would be bad for the economy.

This would basically be like constantly printing new money.

Not only would this constantly be pumping in new money and making it less valuable.

It would also be less worth it for someone to produce and sell things when they already have money coming for free.

Same goes for carcasses and other resources.

If you are pumping those into the game then you are basically taking away the need for players to do these types of things.

Which would make it harder for those that do those types of things to profit off of them in the markets.
I understand where you are coming from, but you are both mathematically incorrect, Let me explain: The math we are dealing with here has to do with probability, in the example I gave when writing this idea, I gave 35 examples of high end items for the Spin Wheel. 🎡
What this breaks down to is a theoretical 1 in 35 best chance for whatever item to be gained by a single player, or a 1 in 35 players will obtain whatever item. Example 10k Ogh.

However because Spin the Wheel Tokens would require a player to play the game everyday for 30 days, plus a requirement of time. We can essentially take that number of 1 and 35 and change it to 1 in 70. This is a hypothetical rough guess, based upon Steam Data of other games of the Percentage of a player base that will play a game and log in every single day for 30 days.

If you region lock specific items from the Spin the Wheel Loot Table, the items become more rare because the 75 players now have to scatter to each individual region. Because there is no way of accurately calculating that I will skip any attempt at math or probability and move onto my main point.

So what it all boils down to is this: With our rough math we can slightly determine 1 player out of 75 would obtain 10k Oghmium for example at the end of the 30 day period. If you take 1000 players and you divide that number up by 75 you get 13 stacks of Oghmium on the broker at the end of each month.

Now that we have laid the ground work for the probability of hitting a certain item, we can discuss player numbers.
If you separate players into 2 groups the casuals 1000 randoms, and the Elites: 16 Player Keeps +20 or so Strongholds from weaker guilds, + All associated players in said guilds. Then you still come out with a theoretical higher number of Elite Players who would buy those 13 Elite Items.

This is where things get hairy, If you multiply the rough math we have based off of 1 item being produced 13 times a month, we can multiple that same amount x35 to get 455. But if you take the same number of players let's say 1000 randoms that would mean 1000 items being produced each month. And that is probability in a nut shell, without all the extra math on who stays logged in for the full 30 days and all the rest ect....

It's a complicated piece of material, but strangely one that continues to work in the long haul, if you lose the player base the probability still remains a relevant piece. 500 ÷ 75=6 6 Stacks of Ogh for 500 players. 250 ÷ 75=3 3 stacks of Ogh for 250 players.

And Lastly even if we take the original 250 number and presume they each hit that 30 day mark to receive a Spin Token, it isn't equal out to 250 stacks of Ogh, because of probability you could have 249 players who get Steel and 1 in Full Ogh, or 150 in Messing, 150 in Cronite. With probability you never know, but one can rest assured that it wouldn't ever be 250 players who hit Ogh. The Odds of that would be Astronomical, nigh inconceivable and so we reach the end of our discussion where we can rest easy knowing that this would never collapse the economy but the economy would stay the same. As there is probably only 13 or so players out of every 1000 crazy enough to mine Tephra for a full 30 days to begin with.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
What? Youre not seriously suggesting we try to solve a non-issue with what, a mobile game login feature? You realise these systems exist in those games because of their hyper saturated market where DAUs are worth every dollar. Furthermore their business models revolve around trying to draw people in as often as possible so that they can then shove their microtransactions down the throats of their audience.

We pay a sub to avoid these garbage game mechanics.

Sneeze

Mar 24, 2021
I understand where you are coming from, but you are both mathematically incorrect, Let me explain: The math we are dealing with here has to do with probability, in the example I gave when writing this idea, I gave 35 examples of high end items for the Spin Wheel. 🎡
What this breaks down to is a theoretical 1 in 35 best chance for whatever item to be gained by a single player, or a 1 in 35 players will obtain whatever item. Example 10k Ogh.

However because Spin the Wheel Tokens would require a player to play the game everyday for 30 days, plus a requirement of time. We can essentially take that number of 1 and 35 and change it to 1 in 70. This is a hypothetical rough guess, based upon Steam Data of other games of the Percentage of a player base that will play a game and log in every single day for 30 days.

If you region lock specific items from the Spin the Wheel Loot Table, the items become more rare because the 75 players now have to scatter to each individual region. Because there is no way of accurately calculating that I will skip any attempt at math or probability and move onto my main point.

So what it all boils down to is this: With our rough math we can slightly determine 1 player out of 75 would obtain 10k Oghmium for example at the end of the 30 day period. If you take 1000 players and you divide that number up by 75 you get 13 stacks of Oghmium on the broker at the end of each month.

Now that we have laid the ground work for the probability of hitting a certain item, we can discuss player numbers.
If you separate players into 2 groups the casuals 1000 randoms, and the Elites: 16 Player Keeps +20 or so Strongholds from weaker guilds, + All associated players in said guilds. Then you still come out with a theoretical higher number of Elite Players who would buy those 13 Elite Items.

This is where things get hairy, If you multiply the rough math we have based off of 1 item being produced 13 times a month, we can multiple that same amount x35 to get 455. But if you take the same number of players let's say 1000 randoms that would mean 1000 items being produced each month. And that is probability in a nut shell, without all the extra math on who stays logged in for the full 30 days and all the rest ect....

It's a complicated piece of material, but strangely one that continues to work in the long haul, if you lose the player base the probability still remains a relevant piece. 500 ÷ 75=6 6 Stacks of Ogh for 500 players. 250 ÷ 75=3 3 stacks of Ogh for 250 players.

And Lastly even if we take the original 250 number and presume they each hit that 30 day mark to receive a Spin Token, it isn't equal out to 250 stacks of Ogh, because of probability you could have 249 players who get Steel and 1 in Full Ogh, or 150 in Messing, 150 in Cronite. With probability you never know, but one can rest assured that it wouldn't ever be 250 players who hit Ogh. The Odds of that would be Astronomical, nigh inconceivable and so we reach the end of our discussion where we can rest easy knowing that this would never collapse the economy but the economy would stay the same. As there is probably only 13 or so players out of every 1000 crazy enough to mine Tephra for a full 30 days to begin with.
that is not the math that is a problem, the math that is a problem is quite simple . the amount of subbed players multiplied by the daily reward. that is what is created everyday with this nevermind the other stuff

Reactions: Kokolo and Amadman