Crouch

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
While probably no gamer is against this option I do wonder how it would look in term of prediction.

The system has a hard time handling people looking up and down and spinning. So I think if a crouch is added is needs to be super slow so it won´t be abused in combat situations.
3 second immobile animation to get down and 5-6 seconds on getting back up. Do it in combat and your dead. You would atleast get rid of people abusing it by getting down and up all the time.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
It could be non combat feature
But how to restrict players from using it in combat situations like running into high grass and crouching ? Imo its solved if animation takes time instead of being instant like many games have.

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
There are many ways how to implement it. I just feel the lack of it back from the old game and I think that an fpp game should have crouching

MyrmexThraxvágr

May 28, 2020
France
discord.gg
I would love to have Crouch! We used it sometimes for identity checks in large pvp of Darkfall.
Also would add some neat mechanic for thieves and assassins to play around with. I think this would add alot to the immersion of the game.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
How about adding crouch?
You can jump in your heavy armor but you can't crouch with it. It could be useful in some situations, like sneaking on someone or hiding before group of bad guys. And it might be good for immersion.
What are your opinions?
obviusly yes, also something like if you crouch with a bow you have more accurancy.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
There are many ways how to implement it. I just feel the lack of it back from the old game and I think that an fpp game should have crouching
Yes people have been asking for it since before the game was a thing, the animation is there and ready aswell.

I do think I remember Henrik explained why it didnt get into MO at some point.

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
So the last patch gave us squat emote (which I love) but I'm not sure that will work for the purposes mentioned above at a bit longer distances - the animation is just not rendering. Classic crouch wont also work, so now the only problem to work it properly is to change that distance to satisfy our needs.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Crouch is so needed in a game like this, now that MO2 is powered by Unreal Engine 4 I think SV should have a serious crack at it and give stealth players the stance that would enable them to lower their visible profile.

While we're at it, I think prone is another stance the community has asked for from time to time over the years. A way for players to essentially sneak past an entire army if there is sufficient cover and they are appropriately geared (wearing leather armour) and time their movements precisely such that no one actually catches them sneaking past.

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
Im not enough good in that kinda things- is it hard to do it? Is it related with probability of desync?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
iirc Henrik said it was due to something related to hit boxes.
I do wonder how they can have a player in mercy mode getting hit if the issue is with hitboxes making it not possible to have crouch... or when players are in a sitting or sleeping position. We could hit players properly in these various non-standing stances, but crouch seems impossible which doesn't make a lot of sense.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I do wonder how they can have a player in mercy mode getting hit if the issue is with hitboxes making it not possible to have crouch... or when players are in a sitting or sleeping position. We could hit players properly in these various non-standing stances, but crouch seems impossible which doesn't make a lot of sense.
Might be the addition of moving. But I have no idea.