CONFLUX, THE ADVENT OF THE QUEUE GOD

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
You saw a Goddess in GK?

You do realize they huff Ichor up there, right? You sure you didn't get that plus a couple sulfur fumes up your nose to get you hallucinating?

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
You saw a Goddess in GK?

You do realize they huff Ichor up there, right? You sure you didn't get that plus a couple sulfur fumes up your nose to get you hallucinating?

Well, I understand that it could be so, but I remember the incident well. It was many years ago. I was mining my materials in Gaulkor and two ruffians tried to rob me. I ran to save my life and in the middle of the darkness I got lost.
When everything seemed lost I saw a strange light and from that light a flying deer came out, that certain one spoke to me. It was Soldeus reincarnated, I followed him in the dark and he saved me, showing me a safe path.
Since that day never abandon your faith

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I believe that Emperor Henry lacks authority over religious matters,
If you're not careful, emperors end up being deified.
Where is your proof that they exist..?
That's not how any of religion works.
Faith is required for religion, not proof.
If it requires proof, it's science.

• In fact, among some folks, religious faith seems to thrive on
    • absence of proof, and
    • contrariness to observed fact.
His works are everywhere.
If we're talking about the Queue God(dess), then that deity's presence means nothing works, anywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: Ibarruri

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
You saw a Goddess in GK?

Technically, it (Ichor) is a sacrament. It's not even illegal to possess in the Tindremic Empire, unlike Nahuat and Somniferum.
...and from that light a flying deer came out, that certain one spoke to me. It was Soldeus reincarnated, I followed him in the dark and he saved me, showing me a safe path.
Oh, deer god...
(I never heard this story before, and in retrospect I really wonder why not.)

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
I think it's time for the church of Soldeus to intervene to get our mighty god to bring this mischievous satyr to heel.
It should certainly do all it can.

There's a cosmological, maybe existential, theogenetic (?) problem with the proposed solution vs the problem itself.

Soldeus is unarguably a god in the game-world or universe of Mortal Online games.

The Queue is the (abominable) phenomenon in that universe, an extension of a force outside of it; it is the creation (by accident) of Star Vault. It is extra-dimensional. To explain it fully, I'd have to use the Lovecraft Mythos as metaphor and analogy, without dragging the Lovecraft Mythos directly into the Pantheon of Nave. (I'd probably do well to invite @grendel to comment on it in an OOC sense. Putting any part of it in tangent with the game-world seems to be his job.)

According to the expanded Lovecraft Mythos, life, the universe, & everything are the creation of the Ultimate Reality, personified (if 'pserson' is the word) as Azathoth, sometimes called 'the Ultimate Reality', or 'the Demon Sultan', or 'the Blind Idiot God'. At the center of all things that lesser beings know of, and at the same time outside of them all, IT is asleep, and dreaming. Everything else is part of its dream, and most of those things who know of its existence try to keep it asleep — for when it wakes, the dream and everything in it will disappear.

This would be analogous to Henrik (though note I am calling him by none of those titles). When he abandons his Vision of this game-universe, the server goes down and MO(x) is gone.

Penultimate in power are The Outer Gods; the most powerful beings in or impinging upon the Lovecraft Universe; much more powerful than the Great Old Ones or the Elder Gods. The most notable example of this kind of unfathomable entity is probably Nyarlathotep, also known by as The Crawling Chaos], who is the main conscious antagonist of the Mythos. It would be fair to regard him as an avatar of Azathoth, as in 'who Azathoth thinks it is while it is dreaming'.

This is approximately analogous to the Devs who aren't Henrik. The Queue is somewhere around this level of power at the moment, since the Devs haven't defeated it or tamed it, yet.

Only below this level in the Lovecraft Mythos do we see the terrible but somewhat familiar Great Old Ones, like Cthulhu, and their rivals & opponents, the Guardians of Earth, like Nodens. They can really do very little if anything against the The Outer Gods.

The metaphoric equation of LGM Discord (dreaming in His House Under The Sea off the shore of Meduli, according to MO legend) is well-known to many vets. Continuing the analogies, the GMs can really do little or nothing about The Devs, or The Queue, and neither could Soldeus, though He is (we believe) the Best & Brightest God of the solar system of which Nave is a part. Nor could Hodor, Pandeus, Umbra, Seth, and the (LOL) Bridge Gods, not even if they all worked together.

(This is not canan for any of these religions, you understand; it's just how things actually work, which as I've indicated elsewhere, faith is free to ignore.)

Summary: All Navian things, all creatures great & small, are in the Hands of Soldeus (or the Moirae, or the Twins, or <insert your Deity here>. But The Queue comes from...
/shudders
... Outside.

Queue must surrender to the power of the god Soldeus and submit to his infinite authority.
At this time many texts on the liturgy and history of the church of Soldeus have been lost. Is there any chance that some new prophet will arise to guide his believers?
Prophets are like buses; there might be another one along every five minutes.

I don't seriously think many texts you saw before from the liturgy and history of the Church of Soldeus in Nave (as distinct, as you will recall, from the Ordo Lucius) are actually missing, but we can discuss that in Conversation if you have specific questions.

Just beware of false prophets who come to you in cheap clothing, for inwardly that stuff is raveling wool.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: grendel

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
It should certainly do all it can.

There's a cosmological, maybe existential, theogenetic (?) problem with the proposed solution vs the problem itself.

Soldeus is unarguably a god in the game-world or universe of Mortal Online games.

The Queue is the (abominable) phenomenon in that universe, an extension of a force outside of it; it is the creation (by accident) of Star Vault. It is extra-dimensional. To explain it fully, I'd have to use the Lovecraft Mythos as metaphor and analogy, without dragging the Lovecraft Mythos directly into the Pantheon of Nave. (I'd probably do well to invite @grendel to comment on it in an OOC sense. Putting any part of it in tangent with the game-world seems to be his job.)

According to the expanded Lovecraft Mythos, life, the universe, & everything are the creation of the Ultimate Reality, personified (if 'pserson' is the word) as Azathoth, sometimes called 'the Ultimate Reality', or 'the Demon Sultan', or 'the Blind Idiot God'. At the center of all things that lesser beings know of, and at the same time outside of them all, IT is asleep, and dreaming. Everything else is part of its dream, and most of those things who know of its existence try to keep it asleep — for when it wakes, the dream and everything in it will disappear.

This would be analogous to Henrik (though note I am calling him by none of those titles). When he abandons his Vision of this game-universe, the server goes down and MO(x) is gone.

Penultimate in power are The Outer Gods; the most powerful beings in or impinging upon the Lovecraft Universe; much more powerful than the Great Old Ones or the Elder Gods. The most notable example of this kind of unfathomable entity is probably Nyarlathotep, also known by as The Crawling Chaos], who is the main conscious antagonist of the Mythos. It would be fair to regard him as an avatar of Azathoth, as in 'who Azathoth thinks it is while it is dreaming'.

This is approximately analogous to the Devs who aren't Henrik. The Queue is somewhere around this level of power at the moment, since the Devs haven't defeated it or tamed it, yet.

Only below this level in the Lovecraft Mythos do we see the terrible but somewhat familiar Great Old Ones, like Cthulhu, and their rivals & opponents, the Guardians of Earth, like Nodens. They can really do very little if anything against the The Outer Gods.

The metaphoric equation of LGM Discord (dreaming in His House Under The Sea off the shore of Meduli, according to MO legend) is well-known to many vets. Continuing the analogies, the GMs can really do little or nothing about The Devs, or The Queue, and neither could Soldeus, though He is (we believe) the Best & Brightest God of the solar system of which Nave is a part. Nor could Hodor, Pandeus, Umbra, Seth, and the (LOL) Bridge Gods, not even if they all worked together.

(This is not canan for any of these religions, you understand; it's just how things actually work, which as I've indicated elsewhere, faith is free to ignore.)

Summary: All Navian things, all creatures great & small, are in the Hands of Soldeus (or the Moirae, or the Twins, or <insert your Deity here>. But The Queue comes from...
/shudders
... Outside.

Prophets are like buses; there might be another one along every five minutes.

I don't seriously think many texts you saw before from the liturgy and history of the Church of Soldeus in Nave (as distinct, as you will recall, from the Ordo Lucius) are actually missing, but we can discuss that in Conversation if you have specific questions.

Just beware of false prophets who come to you in cheap clothing, for inwardly that stuff is raveling wool.

It is very interesting. I have read with delight your reflection. On the other hand, in the same way that Queue emerged from nothing, the result of wrong actions and took on a life of his own, could not Soldeus transcend the borders of the world in which he reigns as a powerful god, and find his own purpose outside those borders?

On the other hand, in the same way that Queue emerged from nothing, the result of wrong actions and took on a life of his own, could not Soldeus transcend the borders of the world in which he reigns as a powerful god, and find his own purpose outside those borders?

On the other hand, just as Queue came out of nowhere, the fruit of evil deeds, and took on a life of its own, Soldeus would not be able to transcend the borders of the world he reigns over as a mighty god, and find his own purpose outside of those. borders?

On the other hand, in the same way that Queue came out of nowhere, the result of wrong actions and took on a life of his own, could not Soldeus transcend the borders of the world in which he reigns as a powerful god, and find his own purpose outside those borders?

On the other hand, in the same way that Queue came out of nowhere, the result of evil deeds, and took on a life of its own, Soldeus would not be able to transcend the borders of the world he reigns over as a mighty god, and find his own purpose outside those borders. ?
?

Couldn't soldeus, too, end up being something of an extra-dimensional entity, with a constantly changing and evolving identity?

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
It is very interesting. I have read with delight your reflection. On the other hand, in the same way that Queue emerged from nothing, the result of wrong actions and took on a life of his own, could not Soldeus transcend the borders of the world in which he reigns as a powerful god, and find his own purpose outside those borders?
I can't say "no" to that.
On the other hand, in the same way that Queue emerged from nothing, the result of wrong actions and took on a life of his own, could not Soldeus transcend the borders of the world in which he reigns as a powerful god, and find his own purpose outside those borders?
But I will say I'm getting a strange feeling of déjà vu, reading this.
On the other hand, in the same way that Queue came out of nowhere, the result of wrong actions and took on a life of his own, could not Soldeus transcend the borders of the world in which he reigns as a powerful god, and find his own purpose outside those borders?
What sorcery is this, anyway?
On the other hand, in the same way that Queue came out of nowhere, the result of evil deeds, and took on a life of its own, Soldeus would not be able to transcend the borders of the world he reigns over as a mighty god, and find his own purpose outside those borders. ?
?
... OMG. She's GOT to you. Queue has got to you and you're endlessly cycleing in her clutches. Evne the forums are not safe!
See? She exists outside the game, and is looking more and more like a Crawling Chaos.

Couldn't Soldeus, too, end up being something of an extra-dimensional entity, with a constantly changing and evolving identity?
Do you want to be a hereic? Because this is how heresies happen.

Bu if, in times of need that are the future of the faith I knew as Casilda, Soldeus transcends His Place at the Center of Things, if his Place in the hearts of men sustains them & Him in other worlds and spaces (for we knew, indeed, that there were other worlds than these), then who but the Darkness would think evil of it?

I am confident that interpretations will change. Men (of all kinds) are prone to salve their consciences & soothe their fears by many means, even in devout belief. But I must also say that Soldeus would always be what Umbra is not, that truly merciful acts done in his name would always be blameless, and that He would always seek to reunite with the Sparks of Himself that are the Consciences of men — when their trials in the world of Nave are done.

Now, go and get some exorcise.

Last edited:
  • Haha
There are no God's of this world.
There are no God's in Nave.
You are correct. There are no gods on the corpse of Nave, and beyond it there is only One.
Yes. If there were such a thing, you'd see the works of them. But yet you do not.

Where is your proof that they exist..?
Look above and below as you live, listen with your ears when you die. The followers of "Soldeus" have attributed divinity to the proof you ask for, and while this is misguided, they are closer to the truth than most outside of the Temple's orders.

Similarly, despite their affinity for logic and law, adherents of "Oghma" attribute divinity to the rotting flesh they live in and on, but there is there any wisdom in worshipping a fragment which lives no longer and has already become One? Are not the diseases they bear after consuming the fetid blood of Nave for so long proof of their folly?

Are not all of these and more the proofs which you seek?

Last edited:

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
You are correct. There are no gods on the corpse of Nave, and beyond it there is only One.

Look above and below as you live, listen with your ears when you die. The followers of "Soldeus" have attributed divinity to the proof you ask for, and while this is misguided, they are closer to the truth than most outside of the Temple's orders.

Similarly, despite their affinity for logic and law, adherents of "Oghma" attribute divinity to the rotting flesh they live in and on, but there is there any wisdom in worshipping a fragment which lives no longer and has already become One? Are not the diseases they bear after consuming the fetid blood of Nave for so long proof of their folly?

Are not all of these and more the proofs which you seek?

The only God I'd worship is the one of tits and wine.

• Haha