Compass Feedback

D

Dracu

Hey everyone, would like to give some Feedback on the compass.
The new compass Design is pretty modern and one can see the inspiration. But tbh i hated this design in other games too.
In MO1 i had my compass not at the top but closer to the middle right, this was so i didnt have to look to far away from what was going on.

In MO2 this is not really a valid option - see images below. It requires concentration to actually see what direction iam currently looking and then i have to think which direction is behind me. For ppl like me this is to much... yeah yeah call me dumb but thats the reason i need a good readable compass.
When somebody tells me a direction i will have to look around me to find the right direction since its a scrollable one.

100_size.png200_size.png100_size2.png
TL:DR -
I dont like it as much as the mo1 compass
- colors are to 'weak'
- Font to 'Thin'
- The fading to the sides makes it harder
- When in combat its impossible to focus on it

Would be great to have a 'legacy compass' option to switch for ppl like me with shit direction sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
Hey everyone, would like to give some Feedback on the compass.
The new compass Design is pretty modern and one can see the inspiration. But tbh i hated this design in other games too.
In MO1 i had my compass not at the top but closer to the middle right, this was so i didnt have to look to far away from what was going on.

In MO2 this is not really a valid option - see images below. It requires concentration to actually see what direction iam currently looking and then i have to think which direction is behind me. For ppl like me this is to much... yeah yeah call me dumb but thats the reason i need a good readable compass.
When somebody tells me a direction i will have to look around me to find the right direction since its a scrollable one.

View attachment 190View attachment 191View attachment 192
TL:DR -
I dont like it as much as the mo1 compass
- colors are to 'weak'
- Font to 'Thin'
- The fading to the sides makes it harder
- When in combat its impossible to focus on it

Would be great to have a 'legacy compass' option to switch for ppl like me with shit direction sense.
In medieval times, the lack of sophisticated craftsmanship lead to crude compass markings made with smearable/faint markings or even more difficult to see etchings and carvings. The difficult visibility for compasses in MO2 is intentional as MO1's compasses was deemed too unrealistic for the technology and craftsmanship of that era. In other words, if you can't handle the historical accuracy of these low visibility compasses go play ATLAS, this game's too hardcore for you.

Reactions: Dracu
D

Dracu

In medieval times, the lack of sophisticated craftsmanship lead to crude compass markings made with smearable/faint markings or even more difficult to see etchings and carvings. The difficult visibility for compasses in MO2 is intentional as MO1's compasses was deemed too unrealistic for the technology and craftsmanship of that era. In other words, if you can't handle the historical accuracy of these low visibility compasses go play ATLAS, this game's too hardcore for you.
i miss the 'funny' response...

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
i miss the 'funny' response...
Maybe SV purposefully made a compass that you can only see half of the time as a compromise between players that want a compass in game and those that don't ?

Seriously though, I would personally prefer craftable compasses with different levels of functionality and difficulty to create/use. And of coarse they would be lootable in my perfect world as well.