Combine Tool

Cazik

Mar 5, 2022
Can anyone familiar with the Combine Tool please explain what it is and how it works?

From the description on the roadmap overview, it sounds like it's used in alchemy and to create camp fires. A little vague aside from that thoogh.

Does it impact or improve any other professions? How does It look and work in game?

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
You take 2 items in the game and put them in the combine window slots and click combine to see if it unlocks a new item.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Didn't do alchemy, but wasn't that how they made purify pots?

Fearce

Mar 3, 2022
It is supposed that you can poison weapons and also arrows with the combine tool. Not at the start of it but in the near future it should be possible.

• Haha
Reactions: Philthie

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
If you've ever played any of the old Sierra adventure games (most likely not), Combine is basically lifted straight out of those games' very sandboxy Use function present in just about every Sierra adventure game.

Take an item like wood and combine it with granum, and you get a portable campfire, for example. From what I remember from MO1, anyone can use Combine without any skill prerequisites.

It was a fun little feature that added so much flavour and immersion to the game. Especially because I grew up playing those Sierra adventure games I mentioned like Quest for Glory, Space Quest, Police Quest, Colonel's Bequest, etc.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
The main reason why it is on the roadmap is for the Kegs, which are also mentioned on the roadmap.

In MO2 an alchemist currently brews a potion in a vial, consuming 1 inventory slot per potion.
Now with the kegs an alchemist can brew (& store) a large quantity of "potion units" into a single keg. And then you can use the "combine" tool to fill those potion units into a vial. The (empty) vials themselves can be stacked, which means that you now need only 2 item slots (one for the keg, one for the vials) in your bank to store a larger amount of potions.
Of cause this also makes it easier for alchemists to sell larger quantity of potions.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
No, I think purify pots were made with "normal" Alchemy, if you used the correct ingredients.

No, purify potions were created in three steps: First and second, create potions from two different materials, and third, combine both potions.

Also camp fires could be created by combining wood and rocks in MO1, and fire arrows got created by some steps, at least one of them the combine function.

Reactions: Rhias