Capital cities need a lot of love.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
The two capital cities need tons of work yet. I recently visited MK and it is mostly just a small town inside a huge empty city. I found it pretty irritating walking all over the huge city just to find everything crammed in one little area. From my quick visit to Tindrem, it seemed about the same.

These two cities should have the largest populations. So, I hope you have some major plans on making these more desirable to be at.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I agree Tindrem need more work and getting polished, when the basic Systems are finished.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I would like to see more dtail added. For excample paintings on the wall and stuff like this.
The city is a little too marble-heavy for me and need some further love later on. Add some buildings from darker stones aswell.

Add some Stone Architecture aswell.

Without the poor district and the port, the city is missing something. Need some more love later on, after the important mechanics are done.

I checked out all towns and Tindrem and Meduli are the towns that need some more love. I like all the other towns. Bakdi is a bit too small.
Add some animals to Meduli and replace them later with desert specific animals and Plants. Some gnus Cacti and Palms.

Mayve some more stones and Pathes.

The Desert need some well designed Choke Points ! It´s a good place for Mounted Combat, but It´s too flat at some places.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
of course there are plans to make those cities incredibly attractive and for all to call home. Morin kur will get RPK, and Tindrem will of course get GUTTS. Happy ness all around.

• Sad
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
of course there are plans to make those cities incredibly attractive for all to call home. Morin kur will get RPK, and Tindrem will of course get GUTTS. Happy ness all around.

Who know if the old Guilds will be the most powerful Guilds in MO2 after release. Who knows how many new players will come to the game. MO1 did not had so much Players and their members are now gaming Grandpa´s. Younger Players have better reactions. It´s the same as with with the oldschool counterstrike Community.

What struck me is that the players don't seem to get wiser with age, but rather behave more and more childishly the older they get.
I think we all will have a lot of Fun and conflicts in MO2. i can´t wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I would like to see more dtail added. For excample paintings on the wall and stuff like this.
The city is a little too marble-heavy for me and need some further love later on. Add some buildings from darker stones aswell.

Add some Stone Architecture aswell.

Without the poor district and the port, the city is missing something. Need some more love later on, after the important mechanics are done.

I checked out all towns and Tindrem and Meduli are the towns that need some more love. I like all the other towns. Bakdi is a bit too small.
Add some animals to Meduli and replace them later with desert specific animals and Plants. Some gnus Cacti and Palms.

Mayve some more stones and Pathes.

The Desert need some well designed Choke Points ! It´s a good place for Mounted Combat, but It´s too flat at some places.

We may be talking about two different things here. I do not mean how it looks. I am more talking about how it functions.

MK to me is vastly incomplete and not even remotely functional as a city in its current stat. It seems like they just picked a place in the city for the bank and then put everything in that area. Leaving the rest of the city a desolate waste you just have to pass through to get to that one area.

The other side of the bridge is completely void of anything other than the extraction equipment and some mining spots. It is not logical at all that this work area would be set up so inefficiently.

And don't get me started on all that spiked fence over there. What is the logic in all that when the bridge is a choke point into the whole area? Things should make at least a little sense.

Who knows, maybe I am just getting old and jaded. Lol..

Last edited:
Reactions: Treibholz

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Tindrem and Morin Khur didn't change between MO1 and MO2: Both cities are very large and have many empty houses. With two different banks in the same city (center place and slum) and all the vendors Tindrem became the main trading city in MO1. I don't see this yet for MO2.

Btw, the largest city and the most empty city seems to be Toxai!

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Tindrem and Morin Khur didn't change between MO1 and MO2: Both cities are very large and have many empty houses. With two different banks in the same city (center place and slum) and all the vendors Tindrem became the main trading city in MO1. I don't see this yet for MO2.

Btw, the largest city and the most empty city seems to be Toxai!

I have not made my way to Toxia yet. If its worse than MK then I don't know if I will bother any time soon.

I would not go as far as saying that MK is the same as MO1. Sure it still had a lot of empty stuff. But there was things spread out here and there through out the city in MO1. In MO1 there was an actual market place, 3 or more banks, and other vendors and crafting type areas spread around.

Even then it was never the busy capital city that you would think it should be. Hopefully they plan on doing it better this time.

Belteyn

Nov 29, 2020
Cambridge, UK
Agree they feel empty, but I suspect reason all crafting NPCs in one place is that if they were speared out people would complain they have to run too far between each one. What else should the city be filled with? multiple versions of each NPC type perhaps?

Personally I always liked games where there were lots of townsfolk NPCs just walking about. Sure they don't do anything, but at least they give a city some atmosphere, as often players don't add any as they just stick to very specific locations.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Agree they feel empty, but I suspect reason all crafting NPCs in one place is that if they were speared out people would complain they have to run too far between each one. What else should the city be filled with? multiple versions of each NPC type perhaps?

Personally I always liked games where there were lots of townsfolk NPCs just walking about. Sure they don't do anything, but at least they give a city some atmosphere, as often players don't add any as they just stick to very specific locations.

Yeah, multiple npc vendors would be a start. You don't just put one starbucks in a large city.

The smaller towns like Fab and Meduli actually have market places. Why would you not expect to find one in a large city as well. If anything there should be grander ones.

Reactions: KermyWormy

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
@Amadman I agree on what you are saying completely. It's really annoying to have these large cities have just as much as a small town. They could fill up the city as you said with double the stuff. More crushers, venders, maybe 2 graveyards now that 300 years has past, news boards, maybe even job recruiters. Though as I say this, I feel as though the NPC's are not all in yet. There was a mention months ago about people being able to work for the cities to gain report.

I'm hoping/voting for more to be placed within the cities in the future, mostly NPC stuff.

Reactions: Amadman

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I feel like with the towns, especially the big ones, someone just without much thought dropped in all the npcs, when it would have been really great if they'd sat down beforehand and considered the things people would typically be doing and which routes they'd take etc, and make them efficient and useful instead of a chore to inhabit and work in.

Meduli and fabernum are designed well enough because SV didn't "design" them imo. The artist who did either built from good examples or thought about how an actual functioning town would be setup and emulated it.

Meduli is in need of expansion considering it's current and future population, there's all that space on the coast it would make sense for a well populated town to spread out a bit more, way too cramped at all the facilities currently.

SV needs city planners haha

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
The two capital cities need tons of work yet. I recently visited MK and it is mostly just a small town inside a huge empty city. I found it pretty irritating walking all over the huge city just to find everything crammed in one little area. From my quick visit to Tindrem, it seemed about the same.

These two cities should have the largest populations. So, I hope you have some major plans on making these more desirable to be at.

Henrick mentioned that Palyers will be able to rent some of the Buildings, and make shops out of it.

Reactions: Amadman

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Henrick mentioned that Palyers will be able to rent some of the Buildings, and make shops out of it.

Players being able to rent housing and shops in capital cities would be an often requested and a very welcomed addition for sure!

I know some players did not like that these cities have so much to offer. However, I think it is the right move to have options that allow players to live exclusively inside the larger cites if they choose too.

Of coarse many of their needs would have to be filled by other players that do go out in the world. And the city dwellers would need sources of income to be able to purchase said items.

In the end it will take a lot more thought and planning than just plopping down crafting stations near a bank.

I really do hope that SV is up for the task and is just focusing elsewhere at this time.

Dronegan

Apr 6, 2021
I went straight to MK from Haven with my second character. Oh boy that city feels so dead even compaired to Tindrem.
So many empty buildings with no function at all.

Hopefully it will be a part of the player housing system or something. Even at peak times with 1000 players online you dont see that many people around.
MK and Toxai are almost basically bound together. There are guards all the way on the road from MK to Toxai.
But Toxai is literally a ghost town. There is nothing to do there at all.

Hopefully when early access hits the population should go up. Maybe with a population of 2000-3000 regular players the citys would feel more alive.
Right now i feel that there are more NPC in MK than players. Toxai honestly has a ratio of 50 NPC per player if not even worse.

What could be done is to make the housing a part of the citys in order to make them feel more alive.

Reactions: Xunila and Amadman

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I think something they could do quickly right now would be putting a bank and some vendors on the other side of the bridge.

That part of the city should be busy with miners and extractors.

There is clearly a need for tools to purchase there and a place for storage.

Last edited: