Buff 1 handed Swords

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I think the piercing damage should be a bit buffed on 1 handed Swords. Swords does not deal weakspots and i think the piercing damage shoudl be as high as the slashing damage + blunt damage on 1 handed swords, so that the thrust attacks deal the same damage as the swings or slightly less.

The 1 handed sword have no benefit if you not use the Shield. With the Spear you get harder to read animations if you use them with both hands. The Sword have no benefit if you use it without the shield. Maybe reduce the jump penelty for jumping in combat mode, if a player use a 1 handed sword without a shield, so he can try out to jump out of range of a counterhit and make jumping cost less stamina with a 1 handed sword.

Noone use 1 handed swords, becuase they are underpowered.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Or maybe its the shield that is underpowered ? I mean, that should be the main reason to use a 1h weapon no?

I dont think so. Too many shields are not good. I like it becuase of the feeling, less handelhits and becuause of the overhead animation. You can do fancy stuff with it, with a little bit of training at the GV but it is underpowered. The range is so short and the damage for mid attacks could be buffed.

The Katana have a nice playstyle that can be compared with the vanguard but the "man at arms" can´t dodge. I want to see some man at arms playstyle. That´s why i would like that the jump penelty get reduced for 1 handed swords, to be able to try to jump out of range of a counterhit. i want a bit less stamina consumption and not more through using a shield.

Especially with the Alvarin it deals very low damage and a dex fighter is used to play spears and bows becuase of the higher wekspot chance with the Marksmanship skillm which does not work with swords.

Thats why the juming penelty should be reduced, so it is a viable option for humans or other races that deal a bit more damage and want a bit more flexibility.

I have seen quite many people using the spear with a shield but not many players using a sword and a shield.

Last edited:

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Shields need to be strong, but 1h without anything in the offhand should have a niche too. Be it in faster charge times or higher weakspot chance. It should have something going for it, heck put it behind primaries, who cares. The more different stuff, the better.