Broker Broken ?

Arfy

Nov 28, 2020
Australia
It seems after the patch you cant put anything on the broker unless you have the new management skill i dont think this is intended .

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
It seems after the patch you cant put anything on the broker unless you have the new management skill i dont think this is intended .
Are you sure that you have coin in your inventory to cover the tax? if so, maybe you dont have the exact type and amount of coin? Idk just covering all the bases.

Arfy

Nov 28, 2020
Australia
Not sure about correct money I had approx 3 gold in silver in my inventory and was putting something up for 1 gold didn't get any msg it just put the item back in my inventory ....... My wife had the same problem until she got the 2 new skills .

Arfy

Nov 28, 2020
Australia
Update i tried with cuprum coins silver coins and gold coins in my inventory and still nothing so it seems you need to have the skills to use the broker .

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany

I threw this into the bug system yesterday when I tried. But you are giving a good explanation. I did not buy the management skill book yesterday because I have to get more money before.

Would be a typical StarVault bug.

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
I now have Management and Negotiation at 100 skill.
I am able to sell.
If you have coins in your inventory to cover the tax, there is no mouse-over on the sell item button telling you what your tax rate is or how much its going to take.
If you do not have sufficient coins in your inventory to cover the tax, there is a mouse-over on the sell item button telling you that you don't have enough coins to cover the tax rate of XXX%.

I was getting tax of 5% when I had 0 negotiation skill, reduced to 2.5% when I had 100 skill.

Price set at 1g 1s, don't have enough to cover taxes. Mouse-over confirms tax rate at 2.5%

scam1.JPG

Price set back to just 1g. 2.5% is 2s 5c. I have exactly this in inventory. Get error message saying I can't afford it. I am wondering if the Brokerage fee is actually set at a fixed fee plus the %.

scam2.JPG

Test 1 - 1g sale price, 2s 5c is tax. Required 2s 90c in inventory to sell
Test 2 - 2g sale price, 5s is tax. Required 5s 80c in inventory to sell
Test 3 - 4g sale price, 10s is tax. Required 11s 60c in inventory to sell

Assumption: Broker Fee
(40c per 1g sale price) + (5% of sale price)
5% can be reduced to 2.5% with Negotiation Skill at 100.

I am wondering if the 40c part of the fee might be linked to your standing with the nation.
Eg: am in Bakti.. Khurite Allied Tribes = Disliked.. is this why i am paying flat 40c per 1g sale price

Last edited:

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Meduli broker, 35 standing. 100 management and 100 negotiation.
1g item cost me 499c
10g item cost me 4999c

I didnt see the popup with tax level.
edit: 2,5% tax the popup text insist.

Last edited: