HappyHour

Nov 18, 2020
Phoenix
Awesome as always, thanks for sharing!!

Happy-Hour-Sig-1.png

Reactions: Speznat

Deadzone

Mar 23, 2021
What levels of these skills do you need in order to craft a bow? I have bowery 100, Decurve-76, and short bows-82. I also am trying to use white wood, with white wood lore-32.

Says I do not have the skill to make the bow. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
What levels of these skills do you need in order to craft a bow? I have bowery 100, Decurve-76, and short bows-82. I also am trying to use white wood, with white wood lore-32.

Says I do not have the skill to make the bow. Any suggestions? Thanks!
DO you have the Decurve or Recurve bow skills too? depending on what bow you wanna make, but yeah it should work.

Reactions: Ibarruri

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
I still don't fully understand the importance of STR in a bow. What does the STR actually DO? People are saying Range = Damage, but surely STR affects damage, or does it help with Range? I want a bow that's about 60 range and between 80 and 100 STR but none of the combinations I try work out. I even used the one you showed in your video but that didn't come out with stats like yours. :( Somehow I made one accidentally that has 60 Range and 90 STR but I was too distracted to write down what I used to do it. All I know is it's a Recurve Longbow with "Bone" as part of the name.

Last edited:

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I still don't fully understand the importance of STR in a bow. What does the STR actually DO? People are saying Range = Damage, but surely STR affects damage, or does it help with Range? I want a bow that's about 60 range and between 80 and 100 STR but none of the combinations I try work out. I even used the one you showed in your video but that didn't come out with stats like yours. :( Somehow I made one accidentally that has 60 Range and 90 STR but I was too distracted to write down what I used to do it. All I know is it's a Recurve Longbow with "Bone" as part of the name.
The more stregh yxou have the harder you can make the bow the more range the bow will have the more damage the bow will make. a 60range bow between 80-100 STR might be a dense crepite and ironwood combination and shortbow maybe. you have to try this out.

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
It's weird but yesterday I made a bow in Haven with nothing in the way of fancy materials, but every bow I have tried today ends up roughly 30 to 40 Range and 120+ Str which is terrible. Even moving the slider down from 95% in stages to 5% the Str never drops. I'm baffled.

Bearhound

Mar 29, 2021
It's weird but yesterday I made a bow in Haven with nothing in the way of fancy materials, but every bow I have tried today ends up roughly 30 to 40 Range and 120+ Str which is terrible. Even moving the slider down from 95% in stages to 5% the Str never drops. I'm baffled.

In Haven, make a composite longbow out of springbok horn and dapplewood. That will get you ~60-70 Range and 100-110 Strength at the top end.

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
In Haven, make a composite longbow out of springbok horn and dapplewood. That will get you ~60-70 Range and 100-110 Strength at the top end.

I tried those out in various combinations and get a bow woth damage of low to mid 50's but the Str is about right, give or take. Thanks for the help - I'll keep trying. I killed a Razorback for the first time and even tried Compact Horn with various other things in the right-hand slot but haven't been successful with a range 60+ and Str 90 to 100 either. I think I'm jinxed. :D Thanks for your help though!

Skalicon

Apr 5, 2021
I tried those out in various combinations and get a bow woth damage of low to mid 50's but the Str is about right, give or take. Thanks for the help - I'll keep trying. I killed a Razorback for the first time and even tried Compact Horn with various other things in the right-hand slot but haven't been successful with a range 60+ and Str 90 to 100 either. I think I'm jinxed. :D Thanks for your help though!

You have your materials in the wrong order. You want the soft material, say wood, in the main material slot, and the harder material like bone in the secondary material slot. This will produce much more efficient bows.