Beta Patch Notes 0.1.0.47 Discussion

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Added:
  • Added magic combat.
  • Added /ExportBuild command, you can find the CharacterBuild file in your Steam folder.
  • Added hotbar for easy access to common menus when the mouse is visible.
  • Added dutch as a language option.
  • Added Taming.
  • Added stable NPC's.
  • Updated all localization from our awesome community translation.
  • Alvarin clade gift combat leap added.
  • Alvarin clade gift and buff "Alvarin Sight" added.
  • Added Nightvision clade gifts.
  • Added big trees to the jungle.
  • Added reagents to the Material Vendor. (Used for magic)

Changes:
  • New characters now start with a spellbook and the required skills to cast their first spells.
  • New characters now start with taming skills so that they can start testing taming.
  • Modified several clade gifts.
  • Arm movement in first person combat has been refactored and is now more stable while moving around (see [Combat/FirstPerson/ArmsAndWeapons] under bug fixes).
  • Player rotation updates will now update more frequently when turning quickly, hopefully fixing the issue where it looks like a player is barely turning while doing a 360.
  • Loot despawn timer set to 30 min.
  • Lowered Thursars Dexterity cap from 100 to 96.
  • Added 16 extra attribute points to pure Tindremenes.
  • Added 8 extra attribute points to Sidoians.
  • Added 16 extra attribute points to Sarducaans.
  • Added 4 extra attribute points to Kallards.

Fixes:
  • Improved buff placement/scaling.
  • Fixed some AI fleeing behavior.
  • Fixed a couple of crashes.
  • [Combat/FirstPerson/ArmsAndWeapons] Looking up and down no longer has a 1 frame animation lag (caused weapons/arms to drag behind more than intentional).
  • [Combat/FirstPerson/ArmsAndWeapons] Camera had a one frame lag when turning on the spot causing a slight stutter in the character body.
  • [Combat/FirstPerson/ArmsAndWeapons] Turning around no longer cause random large jumps on arms in first person.
  • [Combat/FirstPerson/ArmsAndWeapons] Sudden change in movement direction would sometimes cause a jump in arm movement.
  • [Combat/FirstPerson/ArmsAndWeapons] Arms no longer hitch/jump when turning quickly and changing movement direction while running or sprinting.
  • Character height is now properly updated in game (races have only used their "default" height so far).
  • Targeting is no longer off-center from crosshair.
  • Targeting now works when charging with a bow.
  • Crosshair no longer gets stuck in the wrong location on screen when a bow charge fails due to low stamina.
  • Players should no longer be able to do continuous floating bunny jumps without jump and land sounds.
  • Overall world polish and fixes.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
So they basically gave the bigger humans even more attribute points, while all smaller characters still have too little.

At least I'll finally get to test magic and taming.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I wonder if there is any use to tame non-combat AI. Like a springbok... You can't ride it. So is there any reason to have one?

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I made a Video about this patch notes, and added some commentary.

For all those who dont want to read so much. xD

And always Party Hard

Last edited:

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Stop making videos out of everything!

Still patching. Hope they did adjust other clade attributes as well.
[edit]Server is still down.[/edit]
[edit2]Nope, no changes.[/edit]

Human
Screenshot 2021-03-01 183518.png

Oghmir
Screenshot 2021-03-01 183539.png

Also no spell book in my new character inventory.
And you can only drag spell icons once, before you have to reopen the book interface.

And there is no taming ability in either.

Last edited:

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
THERE IS NO SPELLBOOK IN THE INVENTORY! Press U to open the spellbook.

And don't forget to reroll to get the skills eco spells, taming and creature control.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
I know how to open the spell book but why is there no spell book item?
Same goes for an actual taming ability.

Spell casting effects also don't align with hand animations, at least on Oghmir.

Last edited:

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I know how to open the spell book but why is there no spell book item?
Same goes for an actual taming ability.

There is no taming item because you can press R next to the horse. The tooltip above the horse explains it.

And you can drag all spells into the hotbar,

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
You didn't even read what I wrote. I know you can drag spells into the hotbar, but you can only drag them once, period, before having to reopen the spell book interface. I hope we get the spell book items again.

The taming ability icon is needed, there will be more possible actions to do with creatures in the future. I don't want context based actions, they are bad. I want to decide at any given time what my character should do with my specific inputs, independent of what context the game thinks I'm in. The whole putting everything on right-click and use and whatever else context modifier is a bad idea and takes control from the player.
Stop taking away control from players.

Why can we only tame mounts anyway? Why did they make them a special case again?

agui

May 31, 2020
Calm down kids everything in your time , go enjoy some magic outside the house.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
I'm just irritated by these changes and design choices that actively take away control over inputs from the player. If you've ever played any skill/action based games with them you know that context based inputs will only cause accidental behavior and deaths.
It's the exact opposite of what you want in a hardcore skill based sandbox.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skydancer

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Once again for the balance:

Full size Kallard with 100 Str after creation:

Screenshot 2021-03-01 212549.pngScreenshot 2021-03-01 212719.png

Full size Oghmir with 100 Str after creation:

Screenshot 2021-03-01 212911.pngScreenshot 2021-03-01 213012.png

Aside from the fact that some attributes in character creation don't reflect the correct in-game values
The Kallard has more attribute points left, more damage bonus and more health (which will even expand further with weight bonuses).
There is literally no balance at all, bigger characters just get more of everything, disregarding attribute caps.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Once again for the balance:

Full size Kallard with 100 Str after creation:

View attachment 1199View attachment 1200

Full size Oghmir with 100 Str after creation:

View attachment 1201View attachment 1202

Aside from the fact that they still haven't made it so the character creation calculations actually reflect the in-game values which has been this way basically since MO1 release.
The Kallard has more attribute points left, more damage bonus and more health (which will even expand further with weight bonuses).
There is literally no balance at all, bigger characters just get more of everything, disregarding attribute caps.
you forgot the glade gifts the oghmir can:
nearly Insta heal with ichor.
have very high reduced dmg.
he is an actual tank (optional)

Dont forget the glade gifts man. you compare apples with water lilies?
Or am I missing something?

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
That's not balance, that's looking at only one aspect one may go. Humans also have additional other clade gifts that give them advantages.
That's not how balance works at all. That is how min-max flavor of the month works.
This is additional attribute points on top of inherent bonuses regardless of anything else.

Aside from the fact that Oghmir were only an example. The same goes for Alvarin as well, just a bit less because they are slightly bigger. It even applies to any smaller human race. It has nothing to do with clade. All it has to do with is size alone.

Last edited:

a.out

May 28, 2020
That's not balance, that's looking at only one aspect one may go. Humans also have additional other clade gifts that give them advantages.
That's not how balance works at all. That is how min-max flavor of the month works.
This is additional attribute points on top of inherent bonuses regardless of anything else.

Aside from the fact that Oghmir were only an example. The same goes for Alvarin as well, just a bit less because they are slightly bigger. It even applies to any smaller human race. It has nothing to do with clade. All it has to do with is size alone.
Of course you have to factor in clade gifts ... they are as much part of the character as his attributes.

Reactions: Speznat

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
But not everyone's and again this doesn't even have anything to do with clades, the two examples just happened to be different clades to show more extreme examples. This goes through all of the clades and races regardless of their gifts or anything. Stop thinking about examples and look at the bigger picture.

And you can't tell me any clade gift is worth 30 attribute points, health and damage bonus.

If that's the design and balance of the game, well I'm looking forward to more decades of people complaining about balance because even core attributes aren't balanced and they are the basis for everything.

Last edited:

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
But not everyone's and again this doesn't even have anything to do with clades, the two examples just happened to be different clades to show more extreme examples. This goes through all of the clades and races regardless of their gifts or anything.

And you can't tell me any clade gift is worth 30 attribute points, health and damage bonus.

If that's the design and balance of the game, well I'm looking forward to more decades of people complaining about balance because even core attributes aren't balanced and they are the basis for everything.
you can gahter out attr points form glade gifts if you take all the 2con or str bonuses.
so you have more attr this way.

And yes of course you must calculate the glade gifts in because yxou choose your glade gifts first before you build your char than you can build the optimal one without wasting any points that would be left over for no purpose.

Or am I wrong here?

a.out

May 28, 2020
Sure I can tell you that and I will. I mean ... some clade gifts are really strong and can of course still be tweaked. Not saying the attribute distribution is optimal, but you cannot simply ignore clade gifts when comparing race choices.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
you can gahter out attr points form glade gifts if you take all the 2con or str bonuses.
so you have more attr this way.

And yes of course you must calculate the glade gifts in because yxou choose your glade gifts first before you build your char than you can build the optimal one without wasting any points that would be left over for no purpose.

Or am I wrong here?
There aren't that many direct attribute bonuses to balance that out, also that's one clade gift point taken each. And all clades kind of have those

Sure I can tell you that and I will. I mean ... some clade gifts are really strong and can of course still be tweaked. Not saying the attribute distribution is optimal, but you cannot simply ignore clade gifts when comparing race choices.
Again, only if you actually choose those "OP" gifts. Which basically means there is no choice, you either choose them and go a specific way or you are gimped. Even less variety, even more min max.

So far none of you has said a single thing about anything else I mentioned aside from clades, as again this is size, not clades, clades were purely illustrational. You're all just jumping on the clade thing which is entirely founded on some OPTIONAL clade gifts, that aren't so optional in the end as it seems.

I just don't see balance here. I see being forced into cookie cutter playstyles which then may be balanced if you want to play that specific way.

But maybe I'm wrong, I can only speak for myself.