Best foot fighter/ beast tamer build?

Kainslegacy

Oct 19, 2021
Been playing around trying to get one of these builds to work. I really want to be able to fight competently as a foot fighter and have higher level pets. Any suggestions?

Veradey

Jun 9, 2021
It will be doable once a few more skills like veterinary gets implemented. Youre limited to magic as a main healing source. That being said, a human hybrid with taming should be functional.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Been playing around trying to get one of these builds to work. I really want to be able to fight competently as a foot fighter and have higher level pets. Any suggestions?
Any suggestions? What do you mean? Bro if you can't beat people with a Foot Fighter Beast Master build then I honestly don't know what to even say to you. All I can think is you must be playing some Dogshit random build and you aren't following the meta. I'll give you some tips, Most builds are right around 89 Dex that's for Humans, Oghmirs and Thursars. Elves are faster... So at any rate if you can't kill the enemy with a Pet plus Foot Fighter just try being faster. Make any of the Generic Elf Builds try 130 Dex for all I care just so you are fast. Grab a Spear, A Hammer a Axe, any of the Big Chunking Weapons and just run behind the enemy while your pet attacks and just hit them from behind. You literally can't lose to anything except a mounted doing this.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
https://mortaldata.com?character=4908437161105162240

This is what i've made for when vet and bm come out. Imo it looks pretty solid, any opinions?
Yeah I mean you got decent damage Bonus and above 89 dex so you shouldn't be having any issues killing people. Although 89 to 91 dex is very comparable you won't notice a difference unless you are running side by side for like 10 seconds. So if you are still having problems get Dex Above 100 and you will be able to run behind the enemy a lot quicker for your attacks while pet attacks from the front.

Kainslegacy

Oct 19, 2021
Any suggestions? What do you mean? Bro if you can't beat people with a Foot Fighter Beast Master build then I honestly don't know what to even say to you. All I can think is you must be playing some Dogshit random build and you aren't following the meta. I'll give you some tips, Most builds are right around 89 Dex that's for Humans, Oghmirs and Thursars. Elves are faster... So at any rate if you can't kill the enemy with a Pet plus Foot Fighter just try being faster. Make any of the Generic Elf Builds try 130 Dex for all I care just so you are fast. Grab a Spear, A Hammer a Axe, any of the Big Chunking Weapons and just run behind the enemy while your pet attacks and just hit them from behind. You literally can't lose to anything except a mounted doing this.
No issues killing people, just trying to get the most optimized build i can for ff/bm. I have tried looking for guides, but haven't had much luck, so i asked.

D

Deleted member 44

Human full Tind is going to be the only way to make this work. You'll be missing out on all of the mounted skills and will only be able to heal your pet until mana is drained and then you're done. You could lower your armor weight so that you have mana regeneration but at that point youre playing a mage. If you want a true foot fighter with a pet you are going to need to play with a support mage as you won't be able to heal your pet during a prolonged fight. IMO it's not worth it in the current state of the game. You will need to have a pet that's a tank to ensure it doesn't get bursted during a small engagement.

Kainslegacy

Oct 19, 2021
Human full Tind is going to be the only way to make this work. You'll be missing out on all of the mounted skills and will only be able to heal your pet until mana is drained and then you're done. You could lower your armor weight so that you have mana regeneration but at that point youre playing a mage. If you want a true foot fighter with a pet you are going to need to play with a support mage as you won't be able to heal your pet during a prolonged fight. IMO it's not worth it in the current state of the game. You will need to have a pet that's a tank to ensure it doesn't get bursted during a small engagement.
Yeah i currently am leaning towards more of a foot fighter atm, just have a build ready to use when veterinarian and beast master drop. Then it'll be far more viable.

andreyss

Dec 29, 2021
Yeah i currently am leaning towards more of a foot fighter atm, just have a build ready to use when veterinarian and beast master drop. Then it'll be far more viable.
Did you find a build for this ? i am looking for the same thing but with no luck.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Think it hard to say what rhe optimal build for this is right now. We're still missing beast mastery, an the entire pet skill mechanic tied to it. Until we get these systems we won't know the best way to optimize this build.

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
Something that many people forget about builds (especially after coming from other games) is that you need to start by deciding how you want to play. Although you can play solo, it's not what MO was really designed for. If you are trying to create an effective build that is fully self sufficient, you are always going to be running short of points and making compromises. You may decide it is better to max out some of your abilities, leave some gaps, and rely on guildmates for support (eg. healing).

Stoffe

Oct 13, 2021
Something that many people forget about builds (especially after coming from other games) is that you need to start by deciding how you want to play. Although you can play solo, it's not what MO was really designed for. If you are trying to create an effective build that is fully self sufficient, you are always going to be running short of points and making compromises. You may decide it is better to max out some of your abilities, leave some gaps, and rely on guildmates for support (eg. healing).

Yea thats tru. I just want the thursar glades as a footfighter, and I also like to have a pet like a bear or cougar of some sort. Im not going for advanced creature control. Im loosing maybe 3-5% max dmg on this build, but I gain a pet by my side. ANd also i think its more fun to be able to tame, and the game should be fun, and i know its not a meta build. And i think thats ok also.

I know that this is better for small group pvp, in large group ill just stable my pet and go full footfighter.